Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OD goodness.

x3 Specter double M4 mag pouches

x2 Specter leg rigs

x1 SDS I-RACK

Gear_1b.gif

Gear_2b.gif

Everything but the I-RACK arrived today, so that's why the pics are poor. It's late at night and I couldn't wait until morning for pics. :P

Better pics to follow tomorrow.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Needs tweakage, but this is near enough what I'll be running at the War & Peace Show this year. Might tuck in my shirt (and it'll be RAID modded by then), and if it's cooler I might run the Protec/hood combination.

Added my harness to top off the whole SEAL thing, and played around with pouch configurations a little. HSGI holster is there, too, on top of my DA rig from before. :)

IMG_2927_-_FORUM.jpg

IMG_2929_-_FORUM.jpg

Yeah, not perfect yet by any means (about 3 weeks to go 'til the event), and a couple of bits missing. Not great pics, either - sorry, it's too bright!

Needs tweakage, but this is near enough what I'll be running at the War & Peace Show this year. Might tuck in my shirt (and it'll be RAID modded by then), and if it's cooler I might run the Protec/hood combination.

Added my harness to top off the whole SEAL thing, and played around with pouch configurations a little. HSGI holster is there, too, on top of my DA rig from before. :)

http://www.teamsnafu.org/gallery/albums/us...927_-_FORUM.jpg

http://www.teamsnafu.org/gallery/albums/us...929_-_FORUM.jpg

Yeah, not perfect yet by any means (about 3 weeks to go 'til the event), and a couple of bits missing. Not great pics, either - sorry, it's too bright!

I like how you didnt blur out the M-Frames :D:D Good looking kit to be sure.

-Jake

Edited by Sasquatch

Still building my kit, slowly.

Pictured:

Desert Digital BDUs and boonie hat

Under Armor T-shirt (Coyote Brown)

Nomex Flight Gloves

Desert Shemagh

BattleLab CQB Duty Belt

Safariland 6004 SLS Tactical Drop Leg Holster

Proud Land Ciras (Coyote Brown)

- Proud Medium GP Pouch

- Proud MLCS M4 Double Magazine Pouch x 4

- Proud MLCS Medical Pouch

- Proud Blood Type Strap

- Proud MLCS Admin Pouch

- Proud MLCS M60 Ammo Pouch

- Proud Small Universal Radio Pouch

- 4x G&P 130 Mags

- 2 x Airsoftelite 300 rds mags

- 1 x G&G 300 rd mag

Iasus Pro Sniper throat mic w/Cobra radio

KWA Glock 18c w/metal slide

G&G GR-16 (2006 Version)

- Replica Amipoint M2

- ICS QD Silencer

- UTG Foregrip

- Thermomag

100_1470.JPG

Not just directed toward you Sonny, but anyone going for a authentic realistic USMC approach to their kits, you need to not wear Underarmor anymore. The Marine Corps has given specific orders to not wear Under Armor in combat anymore because when it gets burned by say a bullet or fire, it fuses to the skin. Its ok to wear Under Armor in garrison, but not in the field anymore. Just thought you guys would like to know that. :)

Edited by Milla
Thanks a ton for the info about the under armor, I'm not goin for that impression but i'll pass on the word, I just hope it's true. Got any official USMC records of it?

Milla is USMC, that's enough official for me :P

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

IMG_2927_-_FORUM.jpg

IMG_2929_-_FORUM.jpg

im sure you know what you are after, but i would still like to make some suggestion,

shoulder/arm pockets

mich/boonie hat/ibh/protec

comtac/tasc/sodin

admin pouch

mp5 pouches do look pretty cool with a PC

:)

What's wrong with the ballcap? I'd say use an OD one instead of the TAN.

Personally I'm going to be using either a boonie hat or a ballcap with my TCI Liberator headset (basically a modded Sordin hearing protection unit).

I would agree the upper chest looks bare, an admin pouch would look pretty cool. The RAID modified jacket will also look good. As for a MICH, tough call, I like mine a lot, but for hot days I'll vote for the ballcap or boonie with a bandana.

im sure you know what you are after, but i would still like to make some suggestion,

shoulder/arm pockets

mich/boonie hat/ibh/protec

comtac/tasc/sodin

admin pouch

mp5 pouches do look pretty cool with a PC

:)

Shoulder/arm pockets are in the RAID mods, along with lots of velcro and a Mandari collar. Once my velcro arrives from the Supply Captain, that should be sorted within a week.

Protec is possible, if it's cool enough. It is bloody warm at the moment, and it's just unbearable. Glasses fog instantly, too, even with FogTech (and these are M-Frames).

Comtacs I left off, again because of heat. If I do wear the cap at the show, Comtacs are a possibility. We'll see - it all depends on conditions on the day, and today it was just too warm!

Admin pouch would have to go on the upper chest, which I'm keeping clear of clutter to allow easy cross-shoulder transitions, which is something I do quite frequently. The RAID mods should give me the storage space for bits and bobs that an admin pouch would, so I shouldn't lose any space.

MP5 pouches are possible, but they're expensive for something that only holds 2 mags! I don't have the £100 or so to spend on pouches to replace my current ones, and it's hard to justify at the moment considering the current ones actually work suprisingly well. Also, if I get another M4 varient, it means I won't have to keep swapping out pouches. That said, I wouldn't mind a full MP5 rig - it's just so pricey! :)

That, and Paraclete's smoke green just looks too sexy ;)

What's wrong with the ballcap? I'd say use an OD one instead of the TAN.

Personally I'm going to be using either a boonie hat or a ballcap with my TCI Liberator headset (basically a modded Sordin hearing protection unit).

I would agree the upper chest looks bare, an admin pouch would look pretty cool. The RAID modified jacket will also look good. As for a MICH, tough call, I like mine a lot, but for hot days I'll vote for the ballcap or boonie with a bandana.

See above for most of this :)

The cap is actually 'mocha' in colour. It's a sort of brown-OD colour, and varies a lot from very OD to very dark brown to tan depending on the light you have it in. I've never determined what colour it really is, so it's just 'mocha' :P

Edited by HaVoC
Not just directed toward you Sonny, but anyone going for a authentic  realistic USMC approach to their kits, you need to not wear Underarmor anymore. The Marine Corps has given specific orders to not wear Under Armor in combat anymore because when it gets burned by say a bullet or fire, it fuses to the skin. Its ok to wear Under Armor in garrison, but not in the field anymore. Just thought you guys would like to know that.  :)

What's used in combat, then? Olde fashioned cotton?

Also, what about the wicking shirts that the Army has, allegedly, approved for use with the ACU?

Fair enough. My big *albatross* TCI Liberators will work best with my MICH or ballcap, I'm notsure how nicely they'll play with a boonie. But I figure that with the CIRAS, which is fairly bulky, that the Lib IIs will balance my noggin out.

But yeah if you can swing it the heat the comtacs would look nice. But don't go Comtacs, as the Peltors they're based on are supposed to suck from what I hear.

Huh? :huh:

I already have the Comtacs - used them a couple of times and they're very cool (erk), but like I say, very hot on the ol' ears. They sit fine over a ballcap though so that's a possibility if it's too hot for a helmet but cool enough to have my ears covered.

They won't sit under my Protec, though, which is a shame.

Huh? :huh:

I already have the Comtacs - used them a couple of times and they're very cool (erk), but like I say, very hot on the ol' ears. They sit fine over a ballcap though so that's a possibility if it's too hot for a helmet but cool enough to have my ears covered.

They won't sit under my Protec, though, which is a shame.

Cool, yeah I hear the Sordins are better on the ears.

I'm definitly going to have to see how my Lib 2s do in the CA sun.