Pictures of your Gear

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Undeniable proof right there. Some details of where you've seen it work would help. I've seen it in woodland, and it just isn't that great when compared with other options. Unless of course you are referring to something other than woodland, in which case you're right.

Undeniable proof right there. Some details of where you've seen it work would help. I've seen it in woodland, and it just isn't that great when compared with other options. Unless of course you are referring to something other than woodland, in which case you're right.

I have first hand experience of the awesomeness of the new ACU.

We were playing in a winter environment. The trees were either losing their leaves or were in the process of stopping the production of food. The ground was covered in leaves and dying foliage. To put it simply, the environment was BROWNish.

EDIT: Here's a picture of the environment. I am NOT in this picture:

n25110485_30312019_6089.jpg

Edited by SgtBojangles
Yeah, this is ACU/UCP. They're now issued to SEAL units (and other USN, AF, etc) deployed alongside Army units wearing ACU/UCP. Hence I can get away with my SEALs loadout using ACU ;)

Pretty commonplace now. I love it, even if it does suck the big one in greenside.

Where'd you hear or see SEALs being issued ACU's? I thought they would being wearing MARPAT. Of course I'm basiong this off of something I read on wikipedia one night, so I'm prolly wrong.

Currently, they wear variations of the U.S. Marine Corps MARPAT camouflage and RAID BDUs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navy_seals

Edited by poorieuser
Where'd you hear or see SEALs being issued ACU's? I thought they would being wearing MARPAT. Of course I'm basiong this off of something I read on wikipedia one night, so I'm prolly wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navy_seals

When any units, Navy, AF or otherwise are deployed alongside Army units, they tend to be issued the same uniform - in this case, ACU.

There are stories of Navy guys running around in every US camo under the sun!

Equally, Navy guys have been given MARPAT, but only when deployed with Marine units.

When any units, Navy, AF or otherwise are deployed alongside Army units, they tend to be issued the same uniform - in this case, ACU.

There are stories of Navy guys running around in every US camo under the sun!

Equally, Navy guys have been given MARPAT, but only when deployed with Marine units.

Ok that makes sense i guess i just never heard of that. I figured that navy units would be recieving marpat since the marines hold the patent on that stuff and theyre a division of the navy and all. Of course you see pictures of seals wearing just flat tan from when we first went into iraq and what not.

Ok that makes sense i guess i just never heard of that. I figured that navy units would be recieving marpat since the marines hold the patent on that stuff and theyre a division of the navy and all. Of course you see pictures of seals wearing just flat tan from when we first went into iraq and what not.

1. SpecialForces units are given more freedom with their gear choices

2. A SpecialForces operator would sometimes want to blend in with a regular unit he is assigned to, so he wears what the others wear

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster: