Pictures of your Gear

At elitesniper's request:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f366/zomgdoc/saddo003.jpg

I've got an M65 jacket out for alterations, and it's a bit messy at the top there; 5 assault vests just sort of bundled in :P

*Dies*

I have now got a pair of dessie boots and a Para smock added to my collection though ^_^

I needs a chestrig and some type of fantastical assault vest :P

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woodland MARPAT pictures

woodiepatupdat2.jpg

woodiepatupdat3.jpg

woodiepatupdat1.jpg

woodiepatupdat.jpg

Head:

PGAST with 4-point suspension

Issue MARPAT Cover

NVG Mount

Cat's Eye Band

Chest:

SDS IBA

x3 SDS Double M4 pouches

x1 TT Triple Panel

x2 SDS Frag Grenades

x1 BHI Radio Pouch

Back:

Sen. Tac. Escape and Evasion Patrol Pack

x1 AITES IFAK Pouch

x3 Electric lights

Waist/Legs

x1 BHI USMC M9 SERPA

x1 Pair Hatch Knee Pads

x1 Ka-Bar

Really?

USMCg11.jpg

USMCg33.jpg

But meh, what do they know...

You edited your post but whatever, same concept applies. If AK rounds were flying at me I would be wearing two of them. And a piece of cordura with card board hardly gets in the way.

Edited by Agent Hunk
Really?

USMCg11.jpg

USMCg33.jpg

But meh, what do they know...

You edited your post but whatever, same concept applies. If AK rounds were flying at me I would be wearing two of them. And a piece of cordura with card board hardly gets in the way.

If an AK was shooting at you those vests wouldn't stop the round anyway. They are only designed to stop 9mm rounds.

Plus those are probably pictures taken when they probably hadn't been in country very long. Get pictures of their gear 8 months after deployment.

Edited by Nodbugger

Yes. Its modded with a MICH suspension.

Your an idoit. An IBA with ceramic plates will stop an AK round. The cod piece probably only has soft in it however but the vest itself will stop an AK round.

So all the photos of Iraq are of cherries?

EDIT:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/sys...interceptor.htm

Edited by Agent Hunk

Shrapnel will turn a man into a eunuch just as assuredly as a 7.62x39mm or a 9x19mm.

Either way, it's better to have a little protection than none at all. That's why helmets have been worn since WWI. Not because they are impenetrable, but because they will stop enough things that they will very likely save your life.

In this case, though, it's more about saving your manhood. It may get in the way, but so does a helmet and so does a kevlar vest and so do ballistic plates and so does clothing, gloves, socks, and boots. But they are worn because the decision is made that the discomfort is worth the protection. If the individual soldier, sailor, Marine, or airsofter decides that the protection is worth it, that's their decision and no one else's.

Yes. Its modded with a MICH suspension.

Your an idoit. An IBA with ceramic plates will stop an AK round. The cod piece probably only has soft in it however but the vest itself will stop an AK round.

So all the photos of Iraq are of cherries?

The interceptor body Armor, that American troops are only authorized to wear, is rated to stop a 9mm round. The plates, if properly used in the proper amounts have the possibility of stopping up to three 7.62x51mm rounds. With that amount of armor the vest can weight up to 45 pounds, which most soldiers opt out of and prefer mobility.

http://forums.military.com/eve/forums/a/tp...20022060001/p/1

There is an article somewhere where 101st soldiers decided not to wear them.

There are two plates and they weigh 8 pounds apiece....(SAPI plates)

The armor the Marines generally opt out is the wierd ######, like face armor, (yes they sent some over) the shoulder guards, IBA side panels, thigh armor, etc. In the various books I have read they complain about the weight but do not remove them. Most are wearing the plates and none of the above links adress the cod piece and thats the point of discussion.

In any event I am not removing it. As pictures prove its very common and no ammount of links and claims are taking it off.

And to the above, I highly doubt the MICH stops rifle rounds. It wil lstop up to a 9mm, same as the USMC Gentex Lightweight but offers less total head coverage.(The MICH that is)

Edited by Agent Hunk
There are two plates and they weigh 8 pounds apiece....(SAPI plates)

The armor the Marines generally opt out is the wierd ######, like face armor, (yes they sent some over) the shoulder guards, IBA side panels, thigh armor, etc. Most are wearing the plates and none of the above links adress the cod piece and thats the poiunt of discussion.

In any event I am not removing it. As pictures prove its very common and no ammount of links and claims are taking it off.

My dads unit in Iraq. 822nd MP company.

They had the shoulder and groin stuff, didn't wear it. Didn't really like the plates. Followed Marines in, forgot who, they didn't like them either. British guys that came with them thought they were crazy for wearing hard body armor.

So tell those Marines in that discussion it doesn't make a huge difference.

BTW, it just looks stupid. I would take it off.

post-23754-1153985085_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nodbugger