Pictures of your Gear

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, I see you're in California.  Where do you live?  I might be able to get you into some private CQB games, get that chance to scare Titleist in person... :D

Please bring a camera to photograph Titleists face after he lapses into shock :P

Trigger: yeah, it's bigger. But bigger is better! :D

-Mike

:cookiemonster:

*Wow!*

That looks *really* intimidating. I think it's the full-face (shiny ;)) mask that finishes it off, to the point, where would one get one of those and is it balistically rated? (i.e. can you use it or is it just for show).

Certainly looks better than any perspex full face I've seen :)

:geek:

something i'll need to remember on Telic 10 next year, no doubt <_<

I hate Iraq now, it was much less dangerous when we were just attacking the place.

Sorry, i meant "liberating" the place.

Darkchild

Quoted for truth

The exact reason I've voluteered for Afghan, Iraq is just stupid now.

*Wow!*

That looks *really* intimidating.  I think it's the full-face (shiny ;)) mask that finishes it off, to the point, where would one get one of those and is it balistically rated? (i.e. can you use it or is it just for show).

Certainly looks better than any perspex full face I've seen :)

MSA Advantage 1000, ebay is the cheapest and easiest place to pick one up. They usually range from $20 to $50. The Out-serts (both clear and 'smoked') that you can attach are ballistically rated, the lens underneath is far from it, it's actually a bend able, rubbery type material. So the out-serts are a must for skirmishing.

I won't lie to you, mike, I might poo myself if revelations comes walking around a corner.

That would be a truly interesting skirmish. :P

MSA Advantage 1000, ebay is the cheapest and easiest place to pick one up. They usually range from $20 to $50. The Out-serts (both clear and 'smoked') that you can attach are ballistically rated, the lens underneath is far from it, it's actually a bend able, rubbery type material. So the out-serts are a must for skirmishing.

Thanks for that :) First look on ebay produced the actual mask, plus what looks to be the clear insert, are there any suppliers (web stores etc) that actually keep these in stock that you'd be able to recommend I could get one from? ;)

Oh, one more thing, what is it like as far as fogging goes? I seem to be able to make anything fog up :P

++EDIT++

Out of interest, what do thet actually filter if you get one with filters? Would it help with smokes in airsoft use? (coughing when moving through smoke usually gives me away :P)

Edited by BoB SoiL
Thanks for that :) First look on ebay produced the actual mask, plus what looks to be the clear insert, are there any suppliers (web stores etc) that actually keep these in stock that you'd be able to recommend I could get one from? ;)

Oh, one more thing, what is it like as far as fogging goes? I seem to be able to make anything fog up :P

www.Approvedgasmasks.com is where I bought the out-serts from, but they're very slooooooow. The mask is based off the MCU-2A/P so they can share out-serts, though for some reason the medium large out-serts fit the mask(mine mask is a small and I ended up buying both out-serts sizes after figuring that bit out) better then the small ones. Do a search on ebay for MCU-2 and see what pops up. There's usually two or three people selling out-serts for them. As for fogging, Mines never fogged up on me, but I've heard people say it fogged up on them, so I guess it's more the person in the mask than the mask itself.

++EDIT++

Out of interest, what do thet actually filter if you get one with filters? Would it help with smokes in airsoft use? (coughing when moving through smoke usually gives me away

Can't say to be honest, I've never had the chance to test it out in a scenario like that.

Edited by Revelations

Well, my Blackwater loadout is basically finished. This stuff will probably be a bit old hash for you folks, but what the hell.

The loadout is loosely based upon this picture, taken from a Blackwater chopper video. I don't have the khaki rig, which is a shame, so the CB will have to do.

bw_in_baghdad036_0001.jpg

Here is my impression (clck the piccies to view XXL versions):

PMCLoadout1Mini.jpgPMCLoadout2Mini.jpgPMCLoadout3Mini.jpgPMCLoadout4Mini.jpg

Kit list is as follows (don't mind the my Timbo's, my proper boots are in a bag in the Midwest of America somewhere):

MC Hat

Bolle goggles

Shemagh (duhh)

5.11 Shirt

5.11 Trousers

TT Rigger's Belt

BCS NIJ Plate Carrier

SKD Chest Rig

Strike Molle Holster

TT Utility Pouch

Thanks to Crandy-Pants for the help. And don't tell me PMC's don't use 5.45mm cos I don't wanna hear it.

@ Revelations

Thanks for the web address - quite a lot of helpful info there :) (even to the point I found I can get a voice unit type doohicky so that I can still communicate properly :P)

Right, time to keep an eye on ebay methinks :D

Oh, does anyone else know whether NBC filters will provide any help against smokes? ;)

Well, my Blackwater loadout is basically finished. This stuff will probably be a bit old hash for you folks, but what the hell.

The loadout is loosely based upon this picture, taken from a Blackwater chopper video. I don't have the khaki rig, which is a shame, so the CB will have to do.

Here is my impression (clck the piccies to view XXL versions):

Kit list is as follows (don't mind the my Timbo's, my proper boots are in a bag in the Midwest of America somewhere):

MC Hat

Bolle goggles

Shemagh (duhh)

5.11 Shirt

5.11 Trousers

TT Rigger's Belt

BCS NIJ Plate Carrier

SKD Chest Rig

Strike Molle Holster

TT Utility Pouch

Thanks to Crandy-Pants for the help. And don't tell me PMC's don't use 5.45mm cos I don't wanna hear it.

Looks wonderful, well done!