Pictures of your Gear

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are PRR and PTT abbreviations for anything?  :huh:  (Ja, I know nothing about comms :P)

They any good or should they be avoided like the plague? :P

:geek:

well, we used them on exercise as part of ranger cadre and they work, untill you actually need to use them properly, when we used then i was in delta fire team of 4 section, so we decided our fireteam would be called delta fource,

anyway, we were doing a platoon attack and just as we were starting out assault phase the PRRs stoped workin, we had to do it the old fashioned way by shouting commands.

So, being military means they were probably designed and created by the lowest bidder... (cookies to anyone who knows the reference :P)

Being "military", are they good or not? :P

From what I gather, they're OK but not to be relied upon? Does it depend in part the radio they're used with? (I assume the headset is seperate to teh radio? :huh: )

When you get surplus units they come wired with no PTT and with a PRR connector. If you can get a PRR than good for you, chances are you wont get one because lets face it, who wants a 1.3k radio that you can only use with other PRRs.

So basically you put an in-line PTT on it and a new connector on it. Bada bing you have a great headset if done right ;)

Murphy's Laws of Combat, rule #20.

-Mike

:cookiemonster:

As promised, a cookie for you :P (the rule # as well, very impressive! :P)

Thanks for the links dude, a lot to take in but I can see it being very useful :)

Posted a picture of my rigg a page back, here is me with it (and all the rest of my l00t)

http://hem.bredband.net/davben/hammer.jpg

http://hem.bredband.net/davben/hammer4.jpg

Just curious, what's the Arabic on your right shoulder? I'm supposed to know this *fruitcage* and I can't quite make heads or tails of what it says...

Edited by Terram