Pictures of your Gear

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, for his USAF PJ impression :P

lol, HaVoC be right, I will get some marpat down the line, but marpat is not what I needed for the PJ setup, lol ;)

paradigm, great looking setup, and I know it'll only get better as time progresses, glad you like my setup as well. That said, my fancy photoshoot was throwing my tripod and camera in the hallway and snapping a dozen quick photos, then picking the best 4, then spending 25-30 minutes a piece masking them off in photoshop. So frankly, not that fancy, I could do a lot better.

I NEED some kind of photo backdrop, masked out photos are okay, but I need to find a cool location to take gear photos! Must find bombed out rubble to take photos, lol.

Nah I understand, I'm going to do some minor re-configuring and have the ability to run the current setup as both PJ and Force recon.

All I have to do is ditch the DCUs and climbing harness, and use a tan flight suit or marpat, and then get a padded tan belt and hanger for my 6004, that sound about right?

Edited by Titleist

paradigm, I actually do have a pistol lanyard, Gemtech TRL.

Sorry I don't know my terminology, but what is an IFAK? Isn't that the medical kit? And if so which one would I want/need?

Also where would I move the mag pouches to on my rig? Thanks for your advice in advance! :)

Edited by Titleist

Sounds good titelist, btw this is the IFAK you need

https://secure3.nexternal.com/shared/StoreF...RowID=1072&All=

Thats the one i was issued

Its whatever you are comfortable with for your pistol mags. I prefer them on my chest, and so do a lot of other guys, jsut because my natural reaction to reload is not go all the way down to my leg, but back to my chest where my rifle mags are. Also for your FR load out, just wear your right knee pad ;)

Edited by Milla

Actually it's the holster with one strap and I find it to be pretty stable as long as you dont keep it loose..but thats only for the holster to because if I leave the thigh rig secured with only one strap that thing flops around like a fish out of water. Plus removing a strap from the thigh holster allows me to move the pistol up and for some reason i find the draw to be more comfortable that way.

Edited by dolla billz

Looking good Billz, be sure to post up the photos of your loadout with the CIRAS.

What boots are those? They go well with ACU.

Edit: Just saw your PJ impression, Titleist. It looks fantastic! Got a nice sandy used look to it... Or is that just photoshop?

Stick with DCU's mate, everyone's doing FR at the mo ;) PJ impressions seem to be a dieing breed in comparison.

Edited by Mouse
Actually it's the holster with one strap and I find it to be pretty stable as long as you dont keep it loose..but thats only for the holster to because if I leave the thigh rig secured with only one strap that thing flops around like a fish out of water. Plus removing a strap from the thigh holster allows me to move the pistol up and for some reason i find the draw to be more comfortable that way.

i was referring to the holster, to me thigh rig means anything you strap to your thigh.

Darkchild

sorry titliest---couldnt see the lanyard in the photos. shouldve known youd already have one lol.

only reason i suggested moving the pistol mags off the chest is most of the DA loadouts i see, the FR guys run 4 or 5 on their drop leg platforms, and one or two on the sides or stomach area...typically the chest is empty except their admin pouch. again as they said above its really a personal preference, doesnt matter that much.

IFAK=individual first aid kit

sorry for being nitpicky, but i know you are as well and you obviously have tha bility to make a badass loadout, so i figured id help :)

good looking loadout dolla billz, however i agree a striaght picture woudl be easier to see lol

Yeah have a TRL for my P226 and my 1911.

So you think maybe I should move my pistol pouches down to my left side/hip of the CIRAS?

And yeah I'm nitpicky, which is why I'm trying to soak in as much advice as possible.

Milla's link didn't work, any other links to a good IFAK for this setup?

My new set-up. It's a work in progress but since I just fried the motor in my M4 its gonna take a while to get done. Yeah its not a BHI Commando Rig either. Anyone that guesses what it is gets a prize*.

100_0929.jpg

100_0930.jpg

*There is no prize.

Edited by poorieuser

Thanks everyone for their comments. I appreciate it really.. :D

Maveric: Lols, I didnt use a tripod to take those pictures i was actually my girlfriend that took them..I guees you can say i should invest in a new girlfriend? :P

Mouse: Dont worry i will definately post my loadout with the CIRAS. Oh yea those boots are Merrell Chameleon Ventilators Mid. They were discontinued and i was so happy to have found them at the discreet camping store in my city. Plus i got em for a steal as they were the last pair and on sale. :D

Darkchild: I was pretty sure you were referring to the holster, I just wanted to make sure. ;)

Poorieuser: nice rig, I use to have my camelbak setup to the Blackhawk version of that rig the exact same way :)