Pictures of your Gear

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no pics of me wearing it im afraid - im always behind the camera.

DSCN2478.jpg

got some proper Vietnam jungle boots aswell. thats (apparently) a US SF 'Nam era kit. the webbing is all real, dated, issued kit. M44 BAR belt, M56 suspenders, M56 buttpack.

Edited by screamin_weasel

In the best geardo tradition (a ka sounding like an elitist *beep* :P ): to get it right, drop the BAR belt and get a pistol belt with ammo pouches and canteens (probably cheaper then the BAR belt anyway), the slogans on the suspenders are a little ridiculous, Tiger Stripes are BDU's (as you said) and, as a result, aren't Vietnam, while I heavily frown upon using any real deal patches or tabs, if you're going to use them, get them in subdued OD. Only units to never go subdued in Vietnam were 101st AD and 1st ID.

[/gets off soap box]

Again, from what you said below the picture I'm not sure if you intended to make it a 'Nam loadout, but for just a few bucks you can make it perfect.

Tiger Stripes are BDU's (as you said) and, as a result, aren't Vietnam,

Errr.. what?

vip-bow02bb.jpg

vip-bow03bb.jpg

t_Special_Forces_Hatchet_Force_Tailwind.jpg

river.jpg

Also check this picture (it's a dynamic image):

http://www.popasmoke.com/visions/showimage.php?content=4790

Tiger Stripes were used during the Vietnam War, if I remember correctly, it was usually be MAC-V and SEALs, as well as some Montagnards.

Edited by Misfit

i have it on good account that BAR belts were used if SF wanted them - same as these days i suppose, if SF want, they get. i knwo FA about the history and the kit. i just asked as many people as possible, read as many links as possible, then got the kit that seemed right. and that whole lot cost me 35 GBP - much cheaper than the belt/pouches/ kit i was adding up. canteen is next in line.

as for everything else, im no geardo. simple as this - i think coloured patches look nicer lol. and tbh, that tab of colour aint gonna give my positon away. and i dont think anybody could mistake me for a Vietnam Vet lol, niether do i pretend to be from 'Nam, with shrapnel wounds lol. as for the slogans, im not a serious player, i like to have a laugh, and im no geardo.

in my opinion, if getting your kit 'real' is more important than having a luagh while playing, do re-enactment.

still no worreis, your geardo, and im not. it gives the Vietnam impression, which is enough.

DSCN1083-vi.jpg

My SOTech Hellcat with Padded Hydration Carrier and bib. I've got two double stack pistol mag pouches with Kydex inserts on the right, followed by a Mega Rolly Polly. There's an SOTech shingle on there, and an SOTech dump/utility pouch next to it. I wanna either sell or trade that pouch and go with an upright utility in its place. The Utility pouch would work a little better for what I usually stuff in there. Also in that pic is my SOTech map pocket holster with a Glock 30 in it, and a BPG strobe/compass pouch for a radio pouch. It was the only one we had in stock before Irene 3 that I could use the PTT on my radio (Motorola T-289) through. Visible at the very top is a climbing-rated caribiner. I use it to hang the rig up rather than dropping it in the dirt all the time.

That would require an M1911A1 of some sort.

and a plate carrier, and an m4 instead of CQB, etc etc..like i said before hes darn close to a SEALs DA loadout though, needs a few tweaks and bits of kit here and there but well on its way

haji---how many mags are you able to carry comfortably in the hellcat and still go prone pretty well? also--how big is the mega dump pouch, would you recommend it or the med, im kinda torn?

and a plate carrier, and an m4 instead of CQB, etc etc..like i said before hes darn close to a SEALs DA loadout though, needs a few tweaks and bits of kit here and there but well on its way

Well, if he were doing a really gucci Recon set-up, he'd use an FNH SCAR-CQC.

And since Force Recon is, for all intents and purposes, part of USSOCOM now, they probably get to play with whatever toys they want to. Like a CQB.

wrong. FR is still its own entity---MARSOC just absorbs certain people from other previous units into its own command now (just as ASOC tends to absorb from rangers, etc). FR, recon, and all the MEU/soc units are still separate. true in that MARSOC is using SCARs, but thats because theyre a SOCOM unit.

FR gets m4s, SAMRs, and a few m16a4s. not trying to argue but MARSOC is completely separate--and for that matter, no one has any clue waht theyre gonna look like...the first FMTU just stepped up in May so nothing at all is out image wise yet. just dont want people getting them confused. and another thing--typically, marines dont get much leeway in waht they get to use. You get what youre issued and dont stray that far from it.

edit--and i have an entire list for a "gucci recon" type loadout, well more specifically a gucci DA loadout, if someone is interested

and one more edit:

http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/mcn2000.nsf...hlight=2,marsoc

helps explain it. theyll draw on certain members and certain specific groups, but wont completely absorb any particular unit.

so yes jagdraben you are correct in saying that if he were doing a MARSOC loadout (hypothetical of coruse since we have no clue what it would be really) a SCAR would be accurate, as well as a CIRAS (standard now for socom). but a FR DA loadout wouldnt fit that bill. and even then, i doubt a MARSOC loadout would involve a CQB m4, maybe the scar, but most likely just a plain old m4.

sorry for the long winded post guys :P

Edited by paradigmsk8er

Well I was told by a buddy who served in Force Recon that everyone in Joint Task Force Recon was being absorbed by MARSOC and everyone in Battalion Recon was still olde fashioned Force Recon. The unit that he was serving in was absorbed by MARSOC right after he got out.

Of course, he might have been thinking of MEUSOC or something.

read the above articles, it explains it.

some specific units (ie certain DRPs and DA trained platoons) will be completely absorbed. others will remain in place. but groups like 1st force recon will still remain as independent units, and i can imagine the platoons/units like the DRPs will be eventually replaced.

theyre trying to form a new, complete MARSOC, while mantaining the Corps's elite units for themselves, outside of SOCOM command. Of course to get started theyre going to have to take a lot of units out of the fleet and move them under MARSOC, but its not a matter of entirely engulfing all those units.

My Multi-cam loadout,

gallery_13376_839_118255.jpg

TT MAV

TT x-harness

HSGI large utility pouch

4xTT M4 triples

1xTT M4 Single

2xHSGI Pistol mag pouchs

maxpedition roly poly, med

BCS Body armour, with rep sapi plates

Seals Action Gear BDU's

TT duty belt

HSGI Mk23 socom drop leg holster

HSGI drop leg platform, with 2x TT M4 doubles

Camelbak

Civvie desert boots

HSGI ball cap

TM Mk23 socom,3xmags

CA CQB,G&P aimpoint rep,G&P Tac light,TM spec ops supressor, Spectre Mout sling

10x MAG midcaps

Yuo win teh two cookiez with teh whippde creem!!!

Or something.

Is that a hydration pouch one the back? (The one with the PALs)

Yep, TT Hydration Pouch with a Camelbak bladder inside (1.5l, I need to swap it out for my 3l).

Edited by HaVoC
My Multi-cam loadout,

gallery_13376_839_118255.jpg

TT MAV

TT x-harness

HSGI large utility pouch

4xTT M4 triples

1xTT M4 Single

2xHSGI Pistol mag pouchs

maxpedition roly poly, med

BCS Body armour, with rep sapi plates

Seals Action Gear BDU's