Pictures of your Gear

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a picture of something that nobody knows, that you put on your mask, so you could use it as an excuse to post pics of your gear while pretending you're asking us what the pic on the mask is for. :blink::P:D

Don't get it? - Neither do I.

P.S. Loadout looks hawt!

Mo stuff from the ol school :D

VCSOG01.jpg

1x a'o ba` ba (black pajama) set for VC/SOG impression

1x scarf

1x DRVN Flag

1x repro sandals

Vietnamgear02.jpg

1X 1st pattern 2 pocket OD cotton shirt (issue)

1X 2nd pattern Jungle Fatigues (issue)

1X JWD Tigerstripe Shirt (Repro)

1X JWD Tigerstripe Pants (Repro)

1X M1950 Haversack

1X M1945 E Tool

1X M1950 E Tool Cover

1X Duck Hunter boonie cap

1X SF/SOG Unmark Rucksack (Repro straps/fasteners)

Well. I'm setting up an appointment to get rid of my kidney. Who needs two, anyway? But seriously, are there any replicas or similar looking headsets that are less expensive?

There are no replicas (that I know of atleast) that have the "large" ear cups, there is the toy soilder one, but that has one thing over your ears and a fabric strap, not 2 cups and the big headthing as on the Libs, comtacs etc.

I suppose getting Peltor comtacs could be cheaper, but I don't know how much all the mic gubbins would cost.

Thanks.

It's a picture of something that nobody knows, that you put on your mask, so you could use it as an excuse to post pics of your gear while pretending you're asking us what the pic on the mask is for.  :blink:  :P  :D

Don't get it? - Neither do I.

P.S. Loadout looks hawt!

Hehehe yes I'm asking about the wee face on my.. um mask:P

Oh god I need help, someone come over and start an intervention, I, I can't help but pose :o

It's about looking cool/intimidating. Done and done. :P

Well at least i got that down :D

I suppose getting Peltor comtacs could be cheaper, but I don't know how much all the mic gubbins would cost.

Thanks.

Is this the Peltor COMTAC you are talking about?

http://www.botac.com/pelcomtac.html

And I need to buy a radio/walky talky to use it. Will a Motorola T5500 fit it? Thanks.

My PMC loadout that I wore for Op: Thermopylae - what our team will be changing over to from ACUs:

ChrisPMC1.jpg

ChrisPMC2.jpg

5.11 pants, 5.11 hat, 3-color desert IBA with 6x M16 mag shingle, double mag pouch, big frikkin' Gerber ASEK combat knife, Blackhawk SERPA holster, KneePro kneepads, Corcoran desert boots, shemagh, Underarmor shirt, and a week of facial stubble.

Very impressive loadout and love the M4!

That last pose is freaking funny lol. Looks like you're giving your rifle a big old hug!  :D

Thanks - and as for the hug bit, you'll NEVER see me chicken wing. The Air Force sent me to a tactical shooting school and it was drilled into us ad nauseum - hold your weapon like you're wringing a towel.

There are no replicas (that I know of atleast) that have the "large" ear cups, there is the toy soilder one, but that has one thing over your ears and a fabric strap, not 2 cups and the big headthing as on the Libs, comtacs etc.

Thanks.

They're all completely different. The Liberator-IIs are active hearing defendes with comms built in - they amplify ambient sounds, cut out dangerously loud ones, and quieten the ambient noise when radio broadcasts come in via comms.

If you want a 'cheap' option, you're gonna have to get a Bowman PRR system and run a pair of Peltor Comtacs over the top of them (it should work - the PRR is designed to have hearing defenders over it). It's going to be a bit clumsy, though, and the Comtacs 'clip' the ambient noise much more than the Sordins used in the Liberator-IIs.

You can also get a pair of Comtacs and add Peltor's boom mic and PTT to them, but it'll probably come to almost as much as a pair of Lib-IIs, if you can find the bits required.

Is this the Peltor COMTAC you are talking about?

http://www.botac.com/pelcomtac.html

And I need to buy a radio/walky talky to use it. Will a Motorola T5500 fit it? Thanks.

No idea about that, but check out these, a few days to go, but a great price so far:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AERO-PELTOR-COMTAC-SWA...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/PELTOR-COM-TAC-COMTAC-...1QQcmdZViewItem

NOTE: THIS IS NOT MY FINAL LOADOUT!!!

Kit list:

BHI Omega Tac vest #1

Brhama combat boots

cheap-o BDU :P

Polo T-shirt :P

CYMA MP5A4

Chevorlet Hat :P

Daisy BB glasses :P

Let me know what you think so far. I still need to get:

BHI CQC holster

Balcalva

BDU's

Kneepads?

Some new shooting glasses ;)

Edited by 101matt1
Just paint it black with some Gun metal model paint, that's what i do with mine.

And adding something to your list of things to get you should get some goggles because glasses just won't cut it.

Ill most likely wrap elec. tape around with just a little orange exposed so I wont get REALLY shot.

Yeah, but I really like the look of shooters glasses with a Balcalva for the "Rainbow" look. I know it is safer to use gogles, but how will they look with a balcalva and NO helmet?