I'll be getting my real one soon enough, don't you worry medic. I won't let you be the only one around with one for too long.

Edit: But just remember. Once you get yours expect a PM from me to see what it would cost to get a cover off you from the PX.

Edited by Sarge133
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, finally decided today I'd get geared up and go outside for a small photoshoot. Unfourtunatly it is about 85 degrees F so I was dripping in sweat being a good ol' michigan boy where the roads 65% of the time are frozen or slush. Please don't mind the black SWAT boots, they are a place holder until I get my Belleville 790s.

PICT0026.jpg

PICT0027.jpg

PICT0033.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

PICT0048.jpg

PICT0045.jpg

PICT0047.jpg

PICT0049.jpg

PICT0054.jpg

Tactical German Shepard in the background. She goes everywhere with me.

Meh, the IOTV is cool, but I'd rather have a Spartan ll or a RAV in ACU. Apparently a lot of units are giving the OK to wearing RAVs and CIRAS's as long as they are ACU.

Sarge, cut your hair and replace that awful chin strap you have on your MICH. Also, get your finger off the trigger :) Looks good though. Is your IBA a replica or is it Point Blank?

Edited by Light Fighter

Yeah I know I have to cut my hair, it should be done tonight if my father remembers. The chin strap thing, I may have that fixed soon, depending on how much money I'll have left over when I buy my boots. The tigger finger...yeah that was my fault. In the first pictures I was good about it, but as the pictures got better I got more sick of it and eventually gave up on trigger discipline.

And my IBA is the OE Tech IBA. Works pretty good for what I want it to do.

2nd pic looks like SEALs, by their helmets, armor, and vests...but not by their weapons. Probably some special forces we are not supposed to know about.

--edit-

Whoa! No way! Thats e-paper, Jay. The geardo and tech inside of me claims "MUST HAAVE"

Edited by thomasw

Ok, what is RLCS? I can guess at what it stands for, but I always thought it was just the gear Rangers are allowed to wear. Is it a type of vest? Sorry if this seems stupid, but those types of acronyms always kind of confused me.

RLCS = Ranger Green :)

Most, if not all of the time another branch is integrated into an Army unit they will be issued ACUs. The TACP's, EOD, SEALs, CCT's will all be issued ACU when working in an Army unit. I've even seen some pictures of ING soldiers wearing ACU.

I don't believe that that is true anymore, at least not for AF attached to Army units.

ABU FAQ

Q24: I'm in a Battlefield Airman Career field. Am I going to be required to wear the ABU or can I still wear the ACU?

A24: Starting with AEF 7/8, Air Force personnel currently authorized to wear the Army's ACU will be issued ABUs when they deploy to the AOR and will no longer be authorized to wear the Army's uniform.

That will also depend on what type of unit the Airman is attached to. If they are attached to a conventional unit then the ABU will be SOP, but if tasked to a SF team, ACU will still be used.

RLCS stands for Ranger Load Carry System. It is the standard issue gear made by Eagle Industries that is issued to Rangers in the color Ranger Green.