• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you could get the kit, it would be very expensive. Multiple thousands of dollars here. It includes everything they are issued, not just one 2nd line kit. It would be a lot more feasible to just piece together an order of Eagle products so you get just what you want.

hollerrrrrrrrrrrr at the green spray paint:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHG89&P=M

check that shizz out. i bet that'd make your paca look reeeeeal nice.

it doesn't 'say' ranger green, but it looks almost dead on to a real grey ranger/ green foliage color. i might have to get a can or two of this.

*edit* - this might be closer to an actual ranger green -

http://www.rustoleum.com/product.asp?frm_product_id=34&SBL=1

check out the 'forest green' color. i know you can get this stuff at True Value for pretty cheap.

i think either color would be pretty useful to someone with an ACU loadout, though. i might get that Testors and do a couple of my coyote pouches up in that, see how it turns out.

You can have paint made up by the gallon then take it to a Hardware/paint store and have them put it in Spray cans. My Dad's friend did it to spray paint a German helmet since all the Vendors charged 13 dollars a can for the right color.

1. Dose any one have a kit list, link or pic of what goes into the RLCS?

2. Can you get the kit or would I have to Piece on together Eagle Industries kit?

No offense my man, but you really need to read through the thread. I asked the same thing and posted a few pictures. The pictures' kitlist was even analyzed by [bS]MARS.

EDIT: Are "Ranger Green" and "Foliage Green" synonyms?

Edited by Sgt. Carter

Is that correct, the US military will accept any Tom, Richard(filter) or Harry, regardless of previous status, let them do their time and then give them citizenship? Sounds like a shoddy way to gain numbers.

Edited by Tommygunn

Well, if a guy wants to be a part of our country bad enough to enlist in the military, then we might as well give it to him. I see what you are saying though... I doubt they will accept just anyone. I might talk to a recruiter sometime and PM you what I find out. Now you've got me interested...

If I had to guess I would say there is at least a minimum time of residency, maybe even a green card.

Is that correct, the US military will accept any Tom, Richard(filter) or Harry, regardless of previous status, let them do their time and then give them citizenship? Sounds like a shoddy way to gain numbers.

It's not automatic and they have a comprehensive screening before they can join up. Additionally, only citizens of certain contries qualify. It's not the French Foreign Legion of the 1920s...

If you can not produce a verifiable backround/timeline while in the US, you will not be accepted into any military service. You also must reside in the US for a certain amount of time before you are able to join the military. While service doesnt bring automatic citizenship, if someone wants their citizenship in any reasonable amount of time, joining the military is the way to go. I know a guy from Poland that it took 11 years for him to get his US citizenship.

Could be, or could be here legally. I don't see why people try so hard to get here illegally when all they have to do is get a visa and a plane ticket. They just don't want to pay taxes so they go the hard way.

I bet the Military requires that they have a Visa or green card and stuff like that.

Could be, or could be here legally. I don't see why people try so hard to get here illegally when all they have to do is get a visa and a plane ticket. They just don't want to pay taxes so they go the hard way.

I bet the Military requires that they have a Visa or green card and stuff like that.

Thomas, being an American and from the comments in your post, it sounds like you probably have no clue as to how hard it is to live in the US as a non-citizen.

I'm almost 31. I came to the US when I was 17 for college, then Grad school, and have remained here for work. That's 13 to 14 years. I still don't have a Green Card (been waiting for almost 6-7 years), and reside here on a work visa. Without that work visa I'd have 2 weeks to find a new job before the government would tell me to GTFO. Most foreigners enter the country on one of 3 visas: tourist, student, or work.

Tourist visas allow you to visit the country for 3 months and then you have to GTFO. Getting a tourist visa isn't easy either, because they know that there is a significant number of tourists that come to the US... and never leave. So in order to get a tourist visa, most applicants have to show bank statements proving a certain amount of funds, and letters from your foreign employer saying that you have a stable job with them and that you will be returning to your country and company once the vacation is over.

Then you have student visas (F-1 status)... that allows you to stay in the US for around 4 years... or however long the duration of your college experience lasts... and then you have to GTFO. If you pursue a second degree you have to go through the entire process all over again.

Work visas (e.g. H-1B)... a prospective employer must provide extensive proof that the job which the foreign applicant intends to fill, can not be filled by a US citizen. This requires lawyers, fees, and a fair amount of effort on the prospective employer's part such as advertizing the job in the trades and interviewing US citizens and documenting why each and every one of the US applicants can't do the job. That ain't easy.

And getting any one of these visas isn't easy for a lot of other reasons too. A lot of countries are identified as high threat zones, and even if you come from one that isn't high threat, you're still generally treated like dirt when going to the US consulate in the foreign country when applying for the visa. Then when you try to enter the country legally, with all your documentation in order, you're once again treated with a certain level of distrust. Not fun at all. Plus, just because you're applying for a US visa doesn't entitle you to get one. People are often denied visas for various reasons... and sometimes for no reason at all.

So, contrary to your beliefs, getting a visa and plane tickets to come into the country is neither cheap nor easy.

As for your comment about those who come into the country illegally just doing so to avoid paying taxes... wow dude... you're really out of touch with the current US immigration issues. Statistically, the vast majority of illegal Aliens in the US are originally from third world countries. Most can not afford to pay the appropriate lawyer and visa application fees and travel expenses to come to this country legally. Furthermore, many of the illegals do not have the necessary education and/or work experience to do the jobs that would entitle them for work visas. However, they know that there are plenty of jobs that they can do in the US if they were able to get here illegally which would pay far more than the legal jobs would pay in their home country. So while they may not want to pay taxes (I mean, who does?), avoiding taxes is really one of the last reasons why they came to this country illegally. (Note that I'm not condoning illegal entry and/or work within the US, I'm just stating certain known facts regarding it.)

As for joining the US military without being a US citizen... the rules have changed in recent years. Back when I was going to join the Marine Corps... about 10 years ago, you didn't have to be a citizen or have a Green Card. The rules were pretty lax, with the philosophy being that, if you were prepared to die for this country, you were good enough to be a citizen. Once you joined the military, the process of becoming a citizen was fast-tracked and more a formality than anything else. Nowadays, I believe you need to at least have a Green Card, and you're still profiled depending on your country of origin ( a buddy of mine is thinking of joining).

Thomas, you really should do a little more research about various matters before making sweeping comments like that. I'm far from an authority on these matters, but it's really disappointing to hear some uneducated comments such as your one above.

Good point. Thomas, you might be kind of isolate from the whole immigration issue over there in the Carolinas, but I live in SoCal, and trust me: If you could get into this country legally in the way you claimed, there wouldn't be an illegal immigrant problem because everyone would be doing it. 95% of the people coming in illegally aren't bad people, and many of them DO pay taxes (oddly enough).

Edit: Oh shi picture thread?

070704_front1.jpg

army-11.jpg

^Shot in the helmet point blank with a 9mm on a combat op :blink: Scary.

Edited by BARsrule2

uscmCorps, i feel your pain, My wife and i have spent countless hours and dollars for travel, lawyers, waiting, and plain just worrying about keeping her legal. From student visas, to work visas, to the green card process, and this september she is finally able to file for citezenship. It is a long process and our government certainly does not make it easy or inviting. I as a citezen have been locked in the glass room at airports and spoken to like i am the idiot by someone with an accent other than one you obtain from growing up somewhere other than the 50 states. <smirk> I wish you luck my friend.

BARsrule2, well here in the carolinas there is actually quite a large growing hispanic population. Their legality i do not know, but you are right that they are not the threat of this nation that is for sure. Definatly some of the hardest workers I have met.

I saw that same picture BARsrule2. I immediately saw just WHY we wear helmets. I had started to wonder, given the MICH doesnt stop a 7.62 round.

It's an awesome picture no the less.

And to keep with this being a PICTURE thread. I bring you my ACU MICH with my Skull helmet stand.

PICT0007.jpg

PICT0005-1.jpg

Edited by Sarge133