a few of me at Ravens nest, my local site in my Propper ACUs with an ACM OD ciras and my A&K M249 - i apologise for the campness in them:

reading an apology from the mrs after her ringing me got me shot in the danglies at close range:

n659660835_583325_1340.jpg

trying to be serious:

n659660835_583326_1623.jpg

pimping wit my saw!:

n659660835_583488_2449.jpg

cheers

millest

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last month's game (training for myself).

DSC_1737.jpg

DSC_1733.jpg

DSC_1734.jpg

DSC_1698.jpg

DSC_1631.jpg

DSC_1258.jpg

Fun stuff! (Pictures complimentry of Matt "Downtown" Brown)

jumpingfences.jpg

^Training May 3rd, 4th and 5th. Hehe. (Pictures complimentry of Sargeant Bradley)

Edited by Gir

Not trying to completely imitate any particular unit or branch, but I wanted something that felt more 'grunt' with my M16. I usually wear this with my MARPAT, but they have faded to hell and I am planning on buying some real MARPAT. I want to replace the OD pouch on my belt for a CB one and get a NV mount, band, and possibly replace the straps for my helmet. Also still trying out best way to attach my bayonet to my rig. Right now it is out of the way enough to not hamper movement, but I am still trying out different ways. I will get that bayonet kill one day. :D

DSCN1165.jpg

DSCN1172-1.jpg

DSCN1167.jpg

DSCN1170.jpg

DSCN1164.jpg

Edited by Badly Browned

badly browned, thanks for the pics :D saved me spending money whilst in doubt, youve now shown me how awesome CB interceptors are with ACU, looks like ill be getting one for both my acuucp and my marpat. cheers bud looks good.

is there any chance of a quick kit list

cheers

millest

Edited by millest
is there any chance of a quick kit list

cheers

millest

-Propper ACU

-Replica IBA

-Replica MICH

-Safariland 6004 Holster

-Camelbak Thermobak

-Converse Tactical Boots

-SDS 100Rd SAW Pouch

-SDS M16 Double Mag Pouch x4

-SDS Canteen Pouch + Canteen

-Guarder (?) Dump Pouch

-Guarder (?) Utility Pouch

-Guarder (?) Pistol Magazine Pouch

-Plastic M9 Bayonet

-Wiley X SG-1

The Guarder (?) stuff is so listed as I bought those from the local Aex and not sure what exact brand they are.

@ Bulb: Which one is you?

Gir - Aren't you an LT in the Army? What's your MOS?

Sniperman15 - I don't know if you're going for an Army look, but they don't roll up their sleeves whilst wearing ACU's. The only rolling I've done with taking the cuffs of the sleeves and rolling them under once. That's frowned upon while in garrison, AFAIK.

B)

Hey Grim; is that from ebaybanned.com? (http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1418)

I am contemplating on getting it, but am concerned about the consistancy of fabric and the quality of their stitching. In your second photo it looks like the material on the bottom half of the pants leg (below the knee) is slightly yellower and darker in color than the rest of the pant leg. Also where the pads insert seem to be a yellower tint as well (both on the pants as well as the shirt) and overal the pants look a bit shiny. Is this how the material really is or is it trckery of the camera? How is the stitching and quality: do you reccomend it for purchase?

This is the only attempt at a combat ACU uniform that i am aware of (and if anyone knows of a differnt version: please share) so i'm hoping for the best.

thanks.

The material you have picked out is indeed a slighty darker beige colour but that is because it is cordura or something of the kind. overall stitching seems sound. The materiel is not shiney however that is the camera, plus with it being new and not dusted up it look alot brighter. Theres only a few menial things about the gen2 that i am not keen on compared to my gen1 multicams. the ###### flap zipper is gone thats not a problem but they have added zips on the inner ankles which seem pointless seeing the full length leg zipper is retained on the outer leg. the ammo pouches for a single M4 mag is a good idea, but im not diving down while carrying any mags there in fear of injury. and in adding the mag pouched they have moved the entry to the cargo pockets to the side and with use of a zip to gain entry. I am hoping to be able to use em on sunday but thats only if my FSBE arrives intime.

Grim

Grim (or to anyone else who may know):

If they are using Codura on the bottom part of the legs, what do u think the rest of the pants leg is made of?? is it as sturdy? I wonder how they will fare this sunday. hmm please post pics with your FSBE when it gets in.

i guess i'll wait for your after action report and see if they are a good buy.

thanks man. Good hunting.

If they are using Codura on the bottom part of the legs, what do u think the rest of the pants leg is made of?? is it as sturdy?

The rest of the pants are made of the standard twill fabric (unless they've changed the material on the ACU ones from the MC ones). It's VERY comfortable to wear. I don't know where OPS have sourced the ACU fabric from, but if its anything like mine with will be pretty hardwearing. The Cordura "gaiters" (as I call them), is to keep ###### out of your boots and prevent them getting ripped if going through thick undergrowth.

Edited by buzzsaw

Gaiters thats a good way to name the lower leg parts, now that you say gaiters they do act like my issue army gaiters do, but only as allong 1 and part of the trousers.(My gen 1 gaiters fasten a little tighter than these ACU ones so im a little un happy about that. but its nothing some extra velcro cant fix). I will try and get some in action pics and give you all an after action report. Buzzsaw has pretty much summed up the materiel in his post. its a good hard wearing materiel and it seems the same as my multicam gen1's so these ACUs should really do their job as well as the my multicams do.

If my calculations are correct the FSBE should arrive tomorrow.(so i will post full loadout pics)

(this means i have to switch my MC cover off my MICH and put my ACU cover back on it.)

Grim

Gir - Aren't you an LT in the Army? What's your MOS?

Negative Sergeant, i am an E3 (PFC). I wanted to go to college and become a 2LT, but like most, i got screwed. The College First program fell through, and now im going to Iraq January 2010.

My MOS is 15U Sergeant, thats a CH-47 Mechanic, i work on them, fly with them, and maintain them. Only the cosmetics though. IE: We go out, get our Helo shot up, i replace the sheet metal, or fix it. I love it.

Negative Sergeant, i am an E3 (PFC). I wanted to go to college and become a 2LT, but like most, i got screwed. The College First program fell through, and now im going to Iraq January 2010.

My MOS is 15U Sergeant, thats a CH-47 Mechanic, i work on them, fly with them, and maintain them. Only the cosmetics though. IE: We go out, get our Helo shot up, i replace the sheet metal, or fix it. I love it.

I'm a PFC just like you :D

But, unlike you, I'm on the flipside. I am being medically discharged and am planning on attending college in the fall.

Good luck with the whole Iraq thing. My brother is in Kuwait driving around whatever they tell him to (he's 88M or truck driver).

You attended Op. Blackjack, no?

Sorry gentlemen, looks like no field test for my ACUs tomorrow. my FSBE has not turned up :( (unless it is delivered today which i seriously doubt). Looks like its just a test of my Russian kit then. I will tru to get a test of the ACUs as soon as i can and get pictures and after action report for you all.

Grim