what that is surname is allison :P

or that he has some pens in his pocket:)

yeh the colours look way off but then again this may just be to with lighting and such and after a couple of washes im sure the darkness will fade

It's not the lighting. Check the nametape and rank tab (which look issue to me) against it.

Looking at my ACS, the colour is slightly tan compared to my regular ACUs. Must be something to do with the fire retardent material, I guess.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mightyjeebus - Might want to look at the amount of stuff on your vest dude. 5.56 cleaning kit seems a bit pointless, as does the NVG pouch (Obviously, ignore my comment if you actually own and use NVG's :) )

I think it would be good to quote basicload from Lightfighter at this point: If you can't scale a wall in your armour, then you've got too much stuff on it.

I used to want to carry a tonne of STANAG magazines, but I've solved my mobility problems by setting a kit up around a very high velocity gun and a far lower mag-count. Makes things a lot easier.

My GRAW2 Loadout is complete, pictures coming soon, but the kitlist is:

ACU Combat Shirt/Pants with integrated knee/elbow pads

Standard Issue ACU Tan Shirt

Standard Issue ACU Belt

Blackhawk Medium Grade Bootsocks

Blackhawk Desert Ops Boot Coyote Tan

ACU MOLLE Leg Platform

MOLLE ACU M9 Holster

MOLLE ACU Pistol Mag Pouch

ACU Blast Belt

MOLLE ACU SAW Pouch

2x MOLLE ACU Grenade Pouch

VIPER Pistol Lanyard

Blackhawk Kevlar SOLAG Gloves Black

G&P USMC Spec Ops Helmet Tan

G&P Strobe Speed Loader (Mounted on the back of the helmet)

And of course, the coup de gras: Crye ACU Armour Chassis

3x MOLLE ACU M16 Magazine Pouches

2x MOLLE ACU Pistol Mag Pouches

MilSpec Monkey MOLLE ACU Combat Admin Pouch

Condor MOLLE ACU Small Radio Pouch

Cobra Radio 1 Pin

Unit Patches:

Reversed American Flag

West Point Stationing Patch

2x Ghost Recon "Ghosts 5 SFG" Patch

Various MilSpec Monkey Patches

"Airsoft" Tab

Weapons that will be in pic:

KWA PTP M92FS + 3x Mags

Star M4A1 w/ ACOG 6x Mags

About the only thing that might be added to this kitlist will be a bowman's headset (not a replica).

Should have pics up by the end of today.

Edited by Ranger_Captain

I had considered it but I'd rather wait for either a better Berreta replica to come out (preferably a body kit) or I'm gona turn my M4 into an HK416 (which is what I usually used in the game anyway ;) )

EDIT:

Oh yeah, and ad daisy blue lenses shooting glasses (they actually look alot like the in game ones).

Edited by Ranger_Captain
The new issue ACSs don't have the ARMY STRONG logo on them any longer, they are just blank.

Are these being issued yet? I heard these rumours (along with one or two other small tweaks, IIRC) but didn't know they were on their way to soldiers yet.

Then again, the original ACS took so long to filter through the system, it's almost a moot point.

Well here's the pics, as promised. Just to recap the gear list is on the bottom of the post:

FCS2.jpg

FCS3.jpg

FCS4.jpg

FCS5.jpg

FCS6.jpg

FCS8.jpg

FCS9.jpg

ACU Combat Shirt/Pants with integrated knee/elbow pads

Standard Issue ACU Tan Shirt

Standard Issue ACU Belt

Blackhawk Medium Grade Bootsocks

Blackhawk Desert Ops Boot Coyote Tan

ACU MOLLE Leg Platform

MOLLE ACU M9 Holster

MOLLE ACU Pistol Mag Pouch

ACU Blast Belt

MOLLE ACU SAW Pouch

2x MOLLE ACU Grenade Pouch

VIPER Pistol Lanyard

Blackhawk Kevlar SOLAG Gloves Black

G&P USMC Spec Ops Helmet Tan

G&P Strobe Speed Loader (Mounted on the back of the helmet)

Daisy Blue Shooting Glasses

And of course, the coup de gras: Crye ACU Armour Chassis

3x MOLLE ACU M16 Magazine Pouches

2x MOLLE ACU Pistol Mag Pouches

MilSpec Monkey MOLLE ACU Combat Admin Pouch

Condor MOLLE ACU Small Radio Pouch

Cobra Radio 1 Pin

Unit Patches:

Reversed American Flag

West Point Stationing Patch

2x Ghost Recon "Ghosts 5 SFG" Patch

Various MilSpec Monkey Patches

"Airsoft" Tab

Weapons that will be in pic:

KWA PTP M92FS + 3x Mags

Star M4A1 w/ ACOG 6x Mags

Are these being issued yet? I heard these rumours (along with one or two other small tweaks, IIRC) but didn't know they were on their way to soldiers yet.

Then again, the original ACS took so long to filter through the system, it's almost a moot point.

They are but theres still a bunch of the ones with the logo that are being issued to most soldiers. I bought two new ones for myself direct from Massif and they have no logo. Now I'm looking into buying a few of the cold weather combat shirts from Massif.

Figure to mention... I still plan on painting the helmet but that's low on my new list of priorities since I'm going to start building a long time wanted SG-1 impression.

Have you thought about cutting down a standard helmet cover?I'm looking at doing that after seeing the result of someone fitting a cover to a Protec helmet.The Protec is a bit more complicated because of the cut away for the ears so your helmet should be easy enough?

RT B)

Well my MICH's ACU helmet cover fits fine over the Protech but the problem is that when you put a cover on it the helmet loses that "protech" shape and look to it that I might as well just wear a MICH with it. Painting it with an airbrush with the DURACOAT ACU kit will make it look top notch just I have to find the money to do the job. It's on my list lol, although behind a WEP jacket and Hurricane HK416 kit.

Figure to mention... I still plan on painting the helmet but that's low on my new list of priorities since I'm going to start building a long time wanted SG-1 impression.

I was gonna say something about that, because the helmet just screams "SHOOT ME" in a sense...

am envying the armor chassis though...

I was gonna say something about that, because the helmet just screams "SHOOT ME" in a sense...

am envying the armor chassis though...

Yeah I hate the way it looks right now. I think once I get it spray painted with the duracoat ACU kit it'll really just look top notch though.

And yes, everyone sure seems to...

They are but theres still a bunch of the ones with the logo that are being issued to most soldiers. I bought two new ones for myself direct from Massif and they have no logo. Now I'm looking into buying a few of the cold weather combat shirts from Massif.

I see. To be honest, no matter how dumb it is, the logo isn't seen with armour over it anyway, and the shirt obviously isn't designed for garrison wear anyway. I'm sure the uniform Nazis hate them, though...

Whatever is on the chest though, the shirt is an EXCELLENT piece of kit. Granted I've not been in 120 degree heat in Iraq, but so far it's kept me cool and comfortable and it seems a pretty streamlined piece of gear too. The Army seem to have (mostly) gotten this one right.

and the shirt obviously isn't designed for garrison wear anyway.

It isn't designed for it but I've seen it being worn in garrison all the time. I'm probably going to wear it in garrison as well since I'm being issued it by my LTC in charge of our E-Psych division.

Indeed the uniform nazis hate it. When I was in Iraq our "chow hall nazi" would kick any one out if they were wearing the shirts. He didn't care that we were on call for QRF or waiting for a sandstorm to clear.

Gear pile!!!

100_0501.jpg

Major parts

Eagle RRV w/ XL level IV SAPI

Army ACS

Level 5 PCU

MSA MICH

Systema M4 MAX 2008

KJW M9

Edited by KTcerberus