• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me too :D, one quicky then back on thread its an A&K but i had it downed to about 330 to use at the local site i wouldnt mind getting it back up to 350 :D

has anyone seen an acu box mag? im pretty interested in one but cant seem to find them

cheers

Either "A" make a cover for the large A&K box mag or the CA small box mag out of ACU material{make a paper pattern first then cut the cloth}

or "B" buy some ACU tape to stick around the box mag of your choice if you can't find the cloth!

RT B)

try this then go for a dose of krylon is need be.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=20072

I have never seen an ACU SAW pouch dude.

Just remember Captain Krylon is your friend

The box mags that come with the A&K M249 are the 200 round mags,the one in the link is the 100 round mag.They both hold 2500 BBs but the 100 round mag is a PITA to reload in a hurry when compared to the A&K 200 round mag.In preferance i'd much rather have the small mag as my profile isn't that differant for a standard rifleman when carrying the M248.The smaller mag Making an ACU cover for the larger box mag would be another way to stop the lid from dropping off while running & spilling 2500 BBs on the ground.

In fact after new year i might have a go to see what it looks like,i have some chinese ACUs that need cutting up{if i remember :unsure: }

RT B)

Edited by rolling-thunder

Fair point RT however what i did with my 100round mags was to make the filling hold in the side considrably bigger then make a velcro flap to close it off when your done. this works well and i find the smaller Mags a lot easier to deal with in a patrol situation.

i have 2 of them so reloading is generally not a problem.

the other alternative is to make a large hold in the top of the mag then again cover it with velcro if you get it in the right place then its not very visable when the mag is on the weapon.

DSC02224.jpg

DSC02187.jpg

Kit list:

Propper ACU Blouse and Trousers in BDU cut

Real IBA carrier, no inserts

SWAT Boots in Coyote Brown

Replica MICH Helmet With genuine ACU Cover

Real Cat Eyes, Foliage Green

ESS Flightdeck Goggles

Self made Goggle cover and Open top mag pouches

M15A4 CQBR and KSC G18C

Genuine 82nd Airborne, 101st Airborne, US Army, and US Flag patches

Edited by DesertFoxRomel
Nice rifle dude... and your ACU's are not bad either :P

Um, how 'bout them patches...

Umm, is there something wrong with them? Is it taboo to wear them? For the record, I admire the Airborne, and the US military in general, and what they do for our country, and by all means I mean them no disrespect towards them.

How come your acu's dont have pockets n the arms?
Think Woodland or 3 color desert BDUs, with straight non angled, 4 non velcroed pockets, in ACU camo, which is what I have. I bought this pair before I learned that real ACU uniforms incorporated improvements other than just the camo. I have no idea why Propper made these other than for cost cutting/ consumer preference. Edited by DesertFoxRomel

In general wearing patches you didn't earn is equivalent to molesting children when in Thailand. It may not be illegal over there, but it won't earn you friends, and it helps make airsofters look like poopies to people who've BTDT. You may have the greatest respect for the Airborne guys, but you don't need to make yourself or airsofters in general look like Walting toolbags.

*edit - poopies? really? Wow.

Edited by PlasticMag

I'm in the Army and when I see guys in uniform wearing patches I just like to go up and correct them because nine times out of then they are wearing something wrong. :rolleyes:

It doesn't make me mad or anything. What DOES get me ###### is when I see guys who I know are in the military wearing their uniforms incorrectly. Usually its some fool wearing a butter bar or something, or some made up unit patches. So if you aren't in in the military have fun, but be prepared to take a little flak for it. If you are in the military then wear it right or don't wear it at all.

I'm in the Army and when I see guys in uniform wearing patches I just like to go up and correct them because nine times out of then they are wearing something wrong. :rolleyes:

It doesn't make me mad or anything. What DOES get me ###### is when I see guys who I know are in the military wearing their uniforms incorrectly. Usually its some fool wearing a butter bar or something, or some made up unit patches. So if you aren't in in the military have fun, but be prepared to take a little flak for it. If you are in the military then wear it right or don't wear it at all.

So cause I'm in the Army I can only wear "my" unit patch and not even a made up one (like my ghost recon patches)? Hardly makes sense. I would never wear fake patches (other than morale) while on duty but what I do off duty and off post is mine and my own business.

And for the record, I couldn't give to ****'s about anyone wearing patches/ranks they didn't earn for airsoft/gear purposes cause their not trying to say they ARE that "insert thing" just that they like the look of whatever that patch/rank is.

Edited by Ranger_Captain

There's been loads of posts about patches & the wearing of them but here's my 2cents worth.I'm X UK Army,i will occasionally wear my Regimental Beret Airsofting{not sure why,may be fondness,may be ego} but i'd not consider wearing it with US camos as that would be wrong.I have ACU stars & stripes & unit patches to wear with my bloods & to fill up the empty velcro but i never got round to wearing them in a game because i got suitable Union Flags.So all my velcro is filled up nicely but i still have a ranks tab which came with some patches i bought.I'd never consider wearing them,i didn't want rank in the Army & see no purpose having them on my kit.I have kept the unit patches & stars & stripes in case they are ever needed one day for pictures.Believe me i don't look like a soldier nowadays & i'd never do any Countries servicemen the insult of trying to Walt it(unless you know a Country that lets over weight middle aged guys in the service}.

I currently wear the ACU combats with knee & elbow pads which removes me even further from what a US soldier looks like.Saying that,i like the look of ACUs which is why i have them.It must be bad if any Country friendly or otherwise could equip any size of forces as US service personel with commonly available kit?

As I see it AR 670-1 still applies no matter what you are doing. Theres no excuse to loose your military bearing even though you are playing a silly game and running around with toy guns. If you are wearing non issue clothing like the Crye combat pants and blouse then thats fine but when in uniform wrong is wrong no matter what. Thats not my opinion, thats US Army Regulations. But you can still do whatever you want and get as ticked off as you want when someone tells you the regs.

For folks not currently in the service they can wear what ever they want and long as they don't pretend to be something they aren't like some of these 40 year old guys who say they used to be SF. :rolleyes: Theres nothing worse than a liar and a phony. But then thats what the stolen valor act is for. :D

Edited by KTcerberus

For the first part, is the regulation is Current unit patch on left shoulder, a half inch from the top, and the former unit patch on the right shoulder, half an inch from the bottom of the US Flag, which is supposed to be reversed, right? *thats what the ex US Army guy I bought the patches said, and I am not sure if it is the correct one now of days*

for the second part gottcha. Just to be clear to everyone, I'm not trying to act like someone I'm not, nor trying to steal anything from the Airborne, but I put the patches in because I admire them and what they do. Think kids wearing a superman costume because they idle him, not to mock him.