From what my experiences with ACu uniforms is like what HaVoC said. Always go a size up. I was wearing a small regular for the longest time well I finally noticed with the help of someone else that my top was not proportioned correctley and flush with my bottoms and it was just to small for me so I went a size up to Small Long. Fits me just fine, is flush with the bottoms all the way up to my neck.

Thats my view on the topic though, hope it helps.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now thats a sick gear! :D

Some questions (but a kit list will make it clear), what brand is your ACU? And the mask is custom one, made by u or.. ?

Your replica looks like Chris Costa's ! ;) great job!

Thanks!

Here's a kit list:

* Prototype Crye Gen 1 Combat BDUs in real ACU fabric

* Crye Combat Elbow and Knee Pads

* Propper ACU top (with the sleaves cut off to give the overall uniform more of a standard BDU look).

* Blackhawk Riggers Belt

* Sykes Face Mask painted by me with wire mesh installed by BitterEnd Mesh Goggles (the only mesh maker approved for OP Lion Claws games). I wrote a review of the Sykes Mask here

* Cavalvy Headset

* Eagle Plate Carrier with Cummerbund and shoulder straps in Coyote Brown

* Eagle Double M4 Mag pouches x 5 = 10 Magpul PTS PMAGs

* Eagle Misc Small pouch (holds a M4 speedloader and a spare kill rag & wound rag)

* Emdom Admin pouch in Coyote (holds my Strider folder, a map if intel is available, and Goo)

* Emdom 3x2 pistol mag pouch (holds pistol mags when needed or two to four spare lipo batteries)

* Maxpedition MM Dump Pouch (holds a spare M4 speedloader and 2500 rounds of 0.25g Excel Bio BBs)

* Diamond Back Tactical Hydration Patrol Pack (Camelbak, food, extra ammo, tools, first aid, ~10m of bog roll, wet wipes, sometimes also a reserve Camelbak)

* 3L CamelBak

* Lowa Desert Seeker Boots (very wet by this point in the day)

* SpecOps Head Wrap in ACU

* Outdoor Research Crossbow gloves

Gun Parts list available here

@uscmcorp... Are your kneepads fucntional? I see the mud on both knees below the knee pad leading me to think they rise up when you take a knee?

otherwise.. Eagle for the win! and great loadout.

rad

Thanks Rad! The knee and elbow pads are functional. It's not very clear from the pics, but the darkness below the kneepads is more wetness than mud. The rubber caps of the pads themselves got dry very quickly and wet spots were only visible on the fabric of the pants themselves. I spent a good deal of the day crawling around, often completely prone through thick bamboo tunnels often without any head room to even kneel. I'm surprised my kit stayed as clean as it did given how soaked and occasionally muddy the ground was. :D

Thanks Rad! The knee and elbow pads are functional. It's not very clear from the pics, but the darkness below the kneepads is more wetness than mud. The rubber caps of the pads themselves got dry very quickly and wet spots were only visible on the fabric of the pants themselves. I spent a good deal of the day crawling around, often completely prone through thick bamboo tunnels often without any head room to even kneel. I'm surprised my kit stayed as clean as it did given how soaked and occasionally muddy the ground was. :D

that was a great game

Im trying to get my hands on those ACU Combat Pants but there sold out everywhere but Ebay and my PayPal is wiped clean :( Looks like I wont have them this FTX.....

Otherwise great loadouts as always usmcorps. Lets see some ODA or CAG loadouts next maybe from ya?

Edited by BoE.Solidius
Im trying to get my hands on those ACU Combat Pants but there sold out everywhere but Ebay and my PayPal is wiped clean :( Looks like I wont have them this FTX.....

Otherwise great loadouts as always usmcorps. Lets see some ODA or CAG loadouts next maybe from ya?

Thanks Solidius! The pants are actually prototypes that were made in very small quantities and the majority of them went to Rangers in the sandbox. I was pretty lucky to get them as they're the exact same cut as the Crye Gen 1s. Being that they're generally not available, some good substitutes for them would be ones made by URTactical who makes them in two styles: Direct Action Pants (similar cut to the Crye Gen 1s) & Integrated Battle Pants (similar cur to the Crye Gen 2s). I like both styles, but personally prefer the Integrated Battle Pants although some have complained that the fit is a little tight in some spots (I didn't find that to be the case). Here's me in a Tan set of the URTactical IB Pants:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/uplo..._1546_41678.jpg

Very interesting, thanks for the links!

Been looking at these for a while now. My issued knee pads just grasp tightly around my legs and are very uncomfortable while rucking, they also suck for airborne ops. As soon as you leave the bird they just shoot down to your feet almost falling off and if I wear them too tight and sit down I just feel a headache behind my knees. I asked my FSNSO about these and he approves them so I've been on the hunt for them all week online. I see the actual good cuts of the ACU Combat Pants are absoloutley rare but they do sell a 50 dollar cheaper set on eBay.com. From the pictures on eBay they it looks like a poorley tailored subsitute but I only need it for field ops and when I am at the range. They cost a pretty penny so I am hoping that 100 dollars is well spent. I'll let you guys know how the subsitutes work out.

As for those tan varients I did see those on ebaybanned.com. I thought about getting a pair for those PMC loadouts or maybe I can get away with wearing them down range lol. We'll see. Thanks though for the information.

Keep those pics coming guys.

I like both styles, but personally prefer the Integrated Battle Pants although some have complained that the fit is a little tight in some spots (I didn't find that to be the case). Here's me in a Tan set of the URTactical IB Pants:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/uplo..._1546_41678.jpg

I can see that those pants are cut a little trim at the thighs. If it's a well gusseted crotch then it shouldn't be a problem (for me at least). If it's cut normal then I can see how it can run tight. Either way, it doesn't look "husky" friendly. You know what, now that I think about it, I got a pair of Arc'teryx pants with the perfect cut that should be made in camo patterns.

Very interesting, thanks for the links!

Been looking at these for a while now. My issued knee pads just grasp tightly around my legs and are very uncomfortable while rucking, they also suck for airborne ops. As soon as you leave the bird they just shoot down to your feet almost falling off and if I wear them too tight and sit down I just feel a headache behind my knees. I asked my FSNSO about these and he approves them so I've been on the hunt for them all week online. I see the actual good cuts of the ACU Combat Pants are absoloutley rare but they do sell a 50 dollar cheaper set on eBay.com. From the pictures on eBay they it looks like a poorley tailored subsitute but I only need it for field ops and when I am at the range. They cost a pretty penny so I am hoping that 100 dollars is well spent. I'll let you guys know how the subsitutes work out.

As for those tan varients I did see those on ebaybanned.com. I thought about getting a pair for those PMC loadouts or maybe I can get away with wearing them down range lol. We'll see. Thanks though for the information.

Keep in mind that the ones on ebayBanned use replica material and therefore aren't IR friendly. So long as that isn't an issue for you they should be good to go. The only pants (aside from mine) that I've seen which use legit Universal Pattern Material is the stuff that's available at URTactical (although that stuff may be "seconds", but it'd be nigh impossible to tell, and they should be IR effective).

I'm pretty sure the Tan pants on ebayBanned are replicas of the Gen 2 material, not the URTactical cut.

I like my ebaybanned ACU

Looks surprisingly decent! How are the pads? One set of the Replica Crye pads in tan I saw had very shinny caps. But then another set someone else bought months later had them looking nice and matte, very similar to the real deal. I was always curious how the ACU pads were.