• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got some pics of my ACU Loadout

This is what i'm going to wear to most urban games

HPIM0069.jpg

HPIM0070.jpg

This is the Sniper look, basically the same as the last only switched the MICH for the Boonie (might even just use the ACU bandana) and put my elbow pads on

HPIM0071.jpg

HPIM0072.jpg

HPIM0073.jpg

HPIM0074.jpg

I still need to replace my Ammo pouches, get a radio and hydration pouch and get some 40mm pouches for my IBA might get some Knee pads (i have foam inserts in the knees at present) and also want to get the pair of ACU desert boots i saw on Ebay.

Grim

Taken at Operation: Morning After 2...

First and last are in woodland, the rest are in urban. It was good in urban, but TERRIBLE in woodland (as expected, frankly).

Click to enlarge...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Note how the ACUs almost work in that last photo... ;)

Let me know if the enlarging links are broken, as I've never linked through to devART before. Oh, and I know the first one isn't much bigger when resized - it's from a different set of photos.

Havoc- Man I really like your loadout...specifically your hat/headset/goggles setup. It looks comfortable, I may have to copy you lol.

grim- whoever that is in those last pictures....that guy looks blown out of his mind, nice loadout though.

Edited by Marine47

Only problem with the headgear setup is the goggles. I LOVE my A-Frames, don't get me wrong, but it was HOT that day. The goggles have a fleecy lining on the frame, which absorbs sweat nicely. It's great normally, but after a few hours of quite fast urban gaming, it becomes saturated, and it just itches. It itches and itches and ITCHES.

I decided to use my Oakley Canteens in woodland the following day and they were fine, and it made a nice chance from the sweat itching on my face... :P

• 2 weeks later...

OK, one last pic for a while. I just wanted to show my WIP ACU loadout. Please no flaming this time around guys if you don't have anything constructive to say then don't say anything at all.(but I know it's hard to resit the temptation).

P5010126.jpg

Please excuse it's MySpace esqueness. Nobody was home and I was board.

So, it's the same as my other loadout pics except in ACU. I still need:

Pouches for the Weestatch

Holster (most likly a SERPA)

ACU trousers (my local store was all out)

Khaki boots

New GBB (either a KWA USP .45, G17 or G18C, WE Tactical 1911,or KJW P226).

Edited by The Crunchy Bunny

Your camera must have a timer function. My dad's old cybershot from like 2002 did. It's easy to use once you learn it, and with it you won't have to take myspace-style pictures.

Looks decent, a lot better than what you first posted on these forums, but please tighten your rig... make it ride higher. Armor isn't meant to be slung so low gangster style. Look where the top of the chest section is. That needs to be up near your neck. Believe it or not the mag pouches aren't meant to be at belt level.

Also bending/squashing/ruffling (yeah, sounds weird) brim would make it look a lot better, instead of a freshly creased fresh one straight off of a USGI factory line, and also make the hat look less... ginormous. Here's a pic to show what I mean:

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/navy-seal-4.jpg

Edited by BARsrule2

Sorry to topic jack here, but while everyone is on the topic of Mechanix gloves.

Where would one get a pair?

And what color would go best with ACU?

I have found ACU colored Mechanix but I dunno if it would be right to get them or not.

On the topic at hand:

Very nice going there Bunny, your coming along nicely to the powers of the dark side.

Edit: These are the ACU colored gloves I was talking about. Or would I be just better of picking the foliage green option or OD?

Edited by Sarge133