Tbh that's a desert with a bit of grass... and MC would be the ownage there

theres always one isnt there.pfff

i really need to get pics of my ACU loadout done soon. though it doesnt work as well in the lush green vegitation i play in it certainly aint all bad in the greyish old buildings on the site.

my missus loves my ACU gear, she cant stand the standard greens i used to play in, she likes ACU so much she has just ordered one of these for £20 (its for her, not for me!!!)

31_1_b.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...any ACU haters...why do you even come to this thread? Just to feel special by cutting something down? If you don't like the camo pattern, don't come into the thread?

On a more related note, very nice picture. Looks like a fun place to play. Reminds me of a map from GRAW 2.

The guys in the background look like they are wearing desert camo.

Thought i would add to it. This is my friend that was station in afghan until a week or so ago.

Picture028.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Edited by msx361
i am taking a liking to ACU, but its not very effective in the UK woodland area as ive noticed. but it is quite effective in urban settings.

its a battle to the death between ACU and Multicam.

who will win?

get both. simple as that. use ACU for urban area's and Multicam in the winter when everythings browned off and dead. oh and keep a set of greens around for the hight of summer when all the vegitation is lush. all i need now is multicam BDU's and i have a set for any occasion.

get both. simple as that. use ACU for urban area's and Multicam in the winter when everythings browned off and dead. oh and keep a set of greens around for the hight of summer when all the vegitation is lush. all i need now is multicam BDU's and i have a set for any occasion.

thats a good idea, never though of it.

but i need my load bearing rig to blend in with both bdu's. which i have yet to get.

Tan is good with MC but OD is good with ACU.

ughhh choices.

Hi All,

Love the ACU! My team are looking into ACU for a new Uniform. Where is the best places to get ACU in the UK??? Could you also let me know your thoughts on the copy versions available?

Any other info would be greatly apriciated!

Thanks in advance.

Carabus

Hi All,

Love the ACU! My team are looking into ACU for a new Uniform. Where is the best places to get ACU in the UK??? Could you also let me know your thoughts on the copy versions available?

Any other info would be greatly apriciated!

Thanks in advance.

Carabus

I'd be super careful with copies most of them are "Ripstart" material, we've been through trial and error in our teams ACU loadout and now we've all (after about 14months) got real deal.

Its worthwhile investing in some re-deal surplus, if you're even in the south east theres a place called Blackbusche thats has a stall that stocks it, but if you must go for copies I've heard good things about VIPER's range...

I'd be super careful with copies most of them are "Ripstart" material, we've been through trial and error in our teams ACU loadout and now we've all (after about 14months) got real deal.

Its worthwhile investing in some re-deal surplus, if you're even in the south east theres a place called Blackbusche thats has a stall that stocks it, but if you must go for copies I've heard good things about VIPER's range...

Are the ACUs made by "Propper" real? I think they are. I didn't even know they sold copies of ACUs. I mean, what's the point? ACUs are about the same price as any other off the shelf camo pattern like woodland. And a set of real top and bottom ACUs together are still cheaper than one real Multicam top. It's been my experience that the replica BDUs tend to fade very fast. Buying the real ACUs will last you for years, instead of 5 or 6 washings with the replicas. It's a small but worthwhile investment.

Thanks for the info guy's... :D

I have been thinking of getting the Propper ACU from the states, anybody have any info on a relable states side supplier to the UK???

Anyone with any info on the Viper stuff??? Any reviews??

I head bad stuff about the Flecktarn ACU's they have a MK2 uniform but it looks like the colour is not correct. Anybody confirm or deny this???

Grim: We are looking at getting this gear for Pheonix Urban :blink: Where did you get your gear from???

Carabus

Carabus i got my ACUs from Airsoft Armoury and me other guys got there ACUs from a local surplus store here in liverpool called Military Mart there pretty tough, only 1 member has ripped his that that was through a clumsy accident and some sharp steel.

Any other questions just PM me

Grim