• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quick questions on googles here,

whats the most common type of googles used, i fancy getting some but not sure which.

also how do you get them to stay on helmets? ive got both an m88 and a mich on the way (one for marpat and the mich for acu) and i cant figure out how they stay on.

cheers guys

millest

I have US issue sun wind and dust goggles (only for show), and i threaded the elastic through the helmet cover eyelet like so:

HPIM0145.jpg

I got the idea when i watched Black Hawk Down. Doc Shmidt has his SWDs threaded like that through his choc chip PASGT cover, so i figured it would work on a MICH and ACU cover. Hope this helps (if you get SWDs for show).

Grim

ok, ive gone and cause a bit of annoyance as im a bit of a noob (well i am and no denying it) and not knowing my colours, so ill ask you guys here as its the specific acu thread rather then the sf/sof thread.

in several of the acu pics ive seen in both this thread and the sf/sof one it looks like the guys are wearing od, but ive been told its either MJK (Eagle's khaki), ranger green and smoke green. though to me it all looks like od to me! what ive been doing is looking for kit on the web (and in sticking in my very modest price bracket) and it seems ok is so much easier to find then other colours other then coyote (but i really dont like cb just looks a bit gammon - probably wont work in uk woodland as well)

so guys bascially the crux of this random rambling post is this: would i get away with an od molle and pouches etc on top of my acu gear for an affordable sf/sof or early acu rig rather then literally breaking the bank or would it have to be another colour or pattern?

millest

Well i have seen OD word well over ACU infact i will get some pics tomorrow in my OD PLCE while wearing my ACUs and some in my Coyote Rig for you to see the difference if you want. But i have a friend who wears OD over his ACUs and it goes well. Most of my lads (the team) wear black over ACU lol.

Grim

cheers grim.

when i commented on this over on the sf/sof post i got a bit stick and someone who seemed adament it was 100% as is or nothing, and you know been in the uk sourcing or affording the stuff isnt easy! my argument is its either early acu change over (and if im really clever about it marpat too) so od isnt exactly miles out (you still see guys in the old woodland print molle and intruder) or its sf/sof (those guys can wear what they want really). personally to my eyes theres not much difference between the 3 greens and od. lol.

though any advice on types of armour/molle would be great, im probably looking at a gaurder modII thing (which i believe is this: http://photos.returners.org/albums/loadout...N0023.sized.jpg ) but other suggestions (that are releativly cheap) would be appreciated!

cheers

millest

Yeah i know what you mean. I have bother a woodland and ACU interceptor and ive worn the woodland 1 over tri des and MARPATs. i will PM u the pics as not to clutter the ACU pages with none ACU pics. My argument was thats what was used early on in iraq. Hell even "Over There the TV series the squad wore woodland interceptors of tri-des DCUs.

Grim

cheers grim.

when i commented on this over on the sf/sof post i got a bit stick and someone who seemed adament it was 100% as is or nothing, and you know been in the uk sourcing or affording the stuff isnt easy! my argument is its either early acu change over (and if im really clever about it marpat too) so od isnt exactly miles out (you still see guys in the old woodland print molle and intruder) or its sf/sof (those guys can wear what they want really). personally to my eyes theres not much difference between the 3 greens and od. lol.

though any advice on types of armour/molle would be great, im probably looking at a gaurder modII thing (which i believe is this: http://photos.returners.org/albums/loadout...N0023.sized.jpg ) but other suggestions (that are releativly cheap) would be appreciated!

cheers

millest

I'm going to suggest the Phantom replica of the Eagle Plate Carrier w/ Cummerbund. I have that Guarder MOD II that you are talking about and I wish I would have gotten the PC w/ C, whether it be Eagle or Phantom.

do you have any links to it where i can find them as hte only one i could find was like $150 with another $60 shipping to the uk, a little out of my price range!

it looks good, but does seem very similar to the above - just slightly different shoulders!

cheers

millest

im wanting a new vest for my ACU loadout, im thinking of getting a RG Eagle PC, i want to know what sort of pouches would be ok, and would i be able to use multicam pouches on the vest (only one or two, the rest being RG), as i have seen pics of US Rangers with some multicam and other non RG gear, im not wanting to do a multicam loadout i just want a bit of variety, i was thinking just a nalgene pouche and a pistol mag pouch.

do you have any links to it where i can find them as hte only one i could find was like $150 with another $60 shipping to the uk, a little out of my price range!

it looks good, but does seem very similar to the above - just slightly different shoulders!

cheers

millest

Certainly!

They also have it in OD, it was just out of stock at that time, so I thought it better to show you an in stock item. The only problem is, they only carry one size: small. However, it is stated that it will fit people up to 6' tall with a 42" chest.

Edited by Sgt. Carter

Woo just ordered a new ACU pouch set rank slide and name tapes. I'll post pics up when they arrive. Just need an ACU hydration carrier and 40mm pouch set(s) 4 single 2 double or a quad. any one got any useful links to 40mm grenade pouches in ACU?

Grim