• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love ACU ! :D

makes the opfor so easy to spot and take out ! :D lovin it, i really do. might buy it for CQB but woodland, nope. ofcourse i does look cool and respect to anyone using it noting personal, but it does kinda turn you into a target... better of wearing black ;)

i love ACU ! :D

makes the opfor so easy to spot and take out ! :D lovin it, i really do. might buy it for CQB but woodland, nope. ofcourse i does look cool and respect to anyone using it noting personal, but it does kinda turn you into a target... better of wearing black ;)

just dont wash it and it gets to be a really good set of BDU's.

Why does everyone hate on ACU? I'm not saying its an awesome woodland pattern, it wasn't designed to be. I just want to say, we've all heard the "ACU sucks" argument before so just shut up.

i'm not saying it sucks or that i hate ACU. infact if you'd just read my reaction the first thing you would find is i love it ! it makes target aquesition so much more easy. as for practicallity, none what so ever. so what if i hate the stuff, boo-hoo sue me.

i'm not saying it sucks or that i hate ACU. infact if you'd just read my reaction the first thing you would find is i love it ! it makes target aquesition so much more easy. as for practicallity, none what so ever. so what if i hate the stuff, boo-hoo sue me.

It's the same idea as if I went into the MARPAT or Multicam thread and said "(Insert Camo here) SUCKS! ACU is for real men!"

I would be picked apart by everyone who likes those camos. I may not like them, but I don't go flaunting that I dislike them and that I beleive they are a bad camo (save for Multicam, that stuff is amazing).

But everyone seems to think that it's ok to do it to ACU. Yes it's not perfect, doesn't mean you have to come in here and start making fun of those of us who perfer it. Yes you can list the reasons why other camo patterns are better than ACU, but do not come in here just to flaunt that you don't like it and love that it's easier to see than some of the other camos.

So, please keep that you hate ACU to yourself. I don't go into MARPAT threads and spew how I hate the stuff, nor have I seen anyone do it here for sometime.

I beleive I speak for all of us who like ACU "Shut up, keep it to yourself. We don't care how much you hate the camo pattern."

It's the same idea as if I went into the MARPAT or Multicam thread and said "(Insert Camo here) SUCKS! ACU is for real men!"

I would be picked apart by everyone who likes those camos. I may not like them, but I don't go flaunting that I dislike them and that I beleive they are a bad camo (save for Multicam, that stuff is amazing).

But everyone seems to think that it's ok to do it to ACU. Yes it's not perfect, doesn't mean you have to come in here and start making fun of those of us who perfer it. Yes you can list the reasons why other camo patterns are better than ACU, but do not come in here just to flaunt that you don't like it and love that it's easier to see than some of the other camos.

So, please keep that you hate ACU to yourself. I don't go into MARPAT threads and spew how I hate the stuff, nor have I seen anyone do it here for sometime.

I beleive I speak for all of us who like ACU "Shut up, keep it to yourself. We don't care how much you hate the camo pattern."

I hate it too, but I use it ;)

anywho, yeah, this is an ACU thread, keep it to ACU. Vanilla or Chocolate man...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok ive decided to go for a laodout involving ACU. IVe got some pics that have been kinda thrown together in a bit of a rush involving a load o fstuff i already had and was lookng for some advice and feedback. PLease try and ignore the look on my face i have a cold and this was something for me to do in order to kill time and cheer me up! :D

I'm using my OD stuff with this and my m4/m203 but will also be looking to use a CB ciras with pouches for my M14 EBR.

DSCF0293.jpg

DSCF0294.jpg

DSCF0295.jpg

DSCF0299.jpg

DSCF0297.jpg

DSCF0298.jpg

DSCF0300.jpg

DSCF0301.jpg

Feedback and advice would be welcome. Unfortunatly i'm stuck with the pistol holster i'm using just now as getting the m9 fitted m3 illuminator safariland holster for a right handed draw is impossible right now in great britain for some reason. I also have new boots on the way.

Well my first suggestion would be to switch the od to tan or cb and so on which you allready said. Personally i would ditch that gigantic backpack. Try looking at a eagle map or panac makes a replica of them and they would work well with that i would thnk. Also a nvg mount of some type and or an acu cover.

Yeah i like my blackhawk cyclone, one of the best 3day packs ive owned but it may be worthwhile looking for an alternative for my CB kit.

I havent done it yet but ive got velcro for flags for the helmet and i'm looking at a weapon mounted NVG so would mounting something along the lines of a helmet cam be considered an acceptable accesory?

p.s. The SF guys are loving these BTW. They're not at all impressed with the new Army issue ACU Combat shirt with the huge Army logo on the chest. Although there is a growing number of SF Army guys at Fort Bragg actually getting issued Tru Spec Multicam BDUs, this one particular Army SF group aren't allowed to wear anything but Army Universal Camo. So they're super excited about getting something that falls within the parameters of their ACU gear restrictions. ;)

The army has put MC into use with a few units. You can belive this man or not.. its still true. Belive the use date for MC for army personel is sometime in 2009 or 2010. Im sure they will release all the information about it sooner or later.