Okay to change the arguement.

Look at Black Ops Elite all in ACU. This is where real MilSim is at!

BoEFactory.jpg

Last year, winter OPs. Everyone was just chilling around trying new gear on and relaxing after a hard day OP.

Militia.jpg

2 years ago! Magazine Promo I did for TAS. (www.tacticalairsoftsupply.com

TAS1.png

More to come!

Edited by BoE.Solidius
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually believe it or not I'm left handed. I take the pics with the gun in my right hand cause in the left it covers all my equipment (probably why it the gun looks awkward in my pics) I don't really give it any thought towards styles on pouch placement, just what works best for me.

what does acu even blend in with?

I haven't had the chance to use it out of the New England area but my experience has shown that it actually works pretty well in North Easter forests (remember our trees are bare here). I actually have been able to be essentially totally exposed and have enemy patrols just pass eyes over me. You have to understand that the colors used in UCP are fairly consistent to that of just about any other environment and are pretty neutral. You have to keep in mind though, as with any camo pattern, it isn't designed to work well at under 100 feet. MARPAT, Woodland, and even Multicam aren't terribly hard to spot under 100 feet but when you get over that distance they slowly start to fade away. ACU's relatively the same.

Tl;Dr: In short, ACU doesn't work GREAT anywhere, but it works okay just about everywhere.

Here we go again........

ACU was meant for the urban battlefield that we are fighting in now and not for the lush, wooded areas that we had planned to fight in. From a distance the pixels break up the outline of the human body and serve as a very good IFF for other troops on the ground. With how widely distributed/copied the different US camo patterns are, it becomes easy to not be able to tell the difference between who is who on the battlefield.

ACU is not the be all end all of camo, and those soldiers who depend on proper camo for survival will always have access to the correct camo that will blend them into their environment. ACU does the job it is supposed to do. No matter how good a camo pattern is you will never be able to conceal a light Infantry unit moving into an area, and that exactly who uses it. The common, everyday groundpounders and door kickers. For a mass produced, mass issued camo, it does what its supposed to do, and that is cloth the soldier wearing it.

Its not the camo the soldiers wears that wins the fight.

Massumma- Thanks. Yeah, I'm not too thrilled with that dump pouch, with both the color and the functionality. I'm looking for another but it's not really on the top of my priorities.

Solidius- It's great there for ACU summer, fall, and winter. But in the spring, especially this year when we got enough rain, it gets really green there. Excellent for multicam but not as much for ACU. ACU still works, but there are better options.

It's hard to tell in the top picture, but since the bottom two pictures were taken I have painted my M14. Used Krylon OD for the base and Tan for the camo. I don't have a pic of just my rifle yet, so this is the best I can show.

IMG_4716.jpg

On my ACU loadout the blouse often sticks out from under my plate carrier...it really annoys me, it seems like most of the pictures in this thread dont have that. Is there a way to secure the blouse on the shirt making it not stick out? Im used to tucking my shirts in for other loadouts and AFIK they don't do that in the US military.

Medic_23 can prolly say whether Im totally retarted or not but as far as I know the ACU were designed to be tucked when wearing body armor hence the lack of pockets on the lower half of the blouse. The US military does tuck in their blouses when wearing body armor it may not be official policy but I know I tuck mine and alot of the doods in my unit do to. It is just more comfortable in my opinion. So you shouldn't be wrong wearing it tucked.

^^ yep as navy pointed out it is not stated in AR-670-1 (wear and appearance of Army uniforms) wether or not you can actually do it but i did it during both my deployments and know alot of other Joe's who did it; and am planning to do it again for the next one; unless they issue us some ACS's