....the vest offers no ballistic protection.

That's a good point too. And although I probably am able to buy the plates from Crye (I think my TAC Officer would have to approve the purchase though) I really don't need to spend the $800+ for plates for a vest that, at least in the foreseeable future, will not ever be worn in combat. I do have some plates I got on Ebay for my CIRAS though (and side ballistic panels) and I suppose I could get away with using that when I move up from Platoon to Company Command, but I doubt that in 7 years I'll want to use a vest that, at that point, will be roughly 10 years old.

At anyrate though, half of the coolness of this armour chassis is that it's one of 3 or 4 (of this quality) and the other half is that it feels like it's the most well put together plate carrier I've ever worn (at least on par with my Eagle CIRAS).

Edited by Ranger_Captain
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that may put me off considering buying a chassis{i know they are out there & i did say "may"} is i've been told they ride up with a tendency to chin you when performing some actions{don't know what actions but it's something i've heard}.They are way to cool to ignore if they become available.I've emailed ebaybanned & asked them if they could source the ACU Chassis again,i missed the last lot of high quality replicas & Flyye seem to be to scared to sell any.

The only thing that may put me off considering buying a chassis{i know they are out there & i did say "may"} is i've been told they ride up with a tendency to chin you when performing some actions{don't know what actions but it's something i've heard}.They are way to cool to ignore if they become available.I've emailed ebaybanned & asked them if they could source the ACU Chassis again,i missed the last lot of high quality replicas & Flyye seem to be to scared to sell any.

I don't know about any riding up problems. I can do reload motions without a problem and I just wore it around the cadet area for the last half hour (don't judge me, they already did...) and had no issues, quite comfy to be honest.

Why is a ROTC cadet wearing a cry chassis to FTXes? My buddies ROTC class gets ALICE gear.

Erm because he owns it?

I had a reply from ebaybanned,they are going to try to stock the chassis in ACU again,what they actually said was "we will try to get it back" short & to the point from Jessie :huh:

"Blackhawk Harnesses, chest rigs, Wee/Wasatches and the like." again... not body armor, chest rigs and such are allowed but nothing that provides ballistics protection can be used unless its issued... trust me in the past 3 times ive deployed i have only seen SF guys wear different BA as they are issued CIRAS' but for INF-SUPPORT all wear issue ballistic gear

"Blackhawk Harnesses, chest rigs, Wee/Wasatches and the like." again... not body armor, chest rigs and such are allowed but nothing that provides ballistics protection can be used unless its issued... trust me in the past 3 times ive deployed i have only seen SF guys wear different BA as they are issued CIRAS' but for INF-SUPPORT all wear issue ballistic gear

Mine or any armour chassis for that matter does not provided ballistic protection on their own without the plates inserted, and yes, I already know of two officers (08' graduates) that have bought and use their own plates (blackhawk's side plates) and I was not talking about infantry support, I was talking about ground pounding, 10 MTN, 2nd ID hooah infantry. Hell my FTX Platoon leader uses a blackhawk chest rig (ACU) on top of an old FSBE vest and he just branched infantry and has every intention to use it. Your probably right in that enlisted personal can't use anything but the issued equipment, but I asked around and apparently as long as you BN XO/CO says it's okay, as an officer, you can damn near wear anything so long as it falls "within regs" (I speak of *Infantry* not Infantry *Support* aka Combat Support Arms) And on the subject my TAC's an old Armor Officer and he hates the IBA with a passion and claims to never have worn it. Now I know Armor officers are known for being... well a tad off, but the idea still stands.

Anyway this is pointless so here's a pic of my Chassis gaining weight through pouches and my blast belt:

post-8836-1226533163_thumb.jpg

post-8836-1226536007_thumb.jpg

post-8836-1226533159_thumb.jpg

post-8836-1226533148_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking of adding a MilSpec Monkey Combat Admin pouch on the left side and grabbing two single double stack pistol pouches for the central chest area. Other than that I think I'm not going to add much more the chassis as I dont wana defeat the purposes of it's sleek "niceness"

I could use some suggestions on how to pain a helmet in ACU as I would like to get the G&P style Marine Future Helmet thing, but no helmet covers exist for it (that I'm aware of) so I pretty much need to paint it by hand and I've thought of duracoat but does anyone know of a... cheaper strategy? (950 for this thing has put me in an economic hole for awhile)

EDIT

Looking my pictures over I thought it kinda ironic that I have an Armour Chassis sitting on top of an Interceptor... cruel sense of irony I think?

Edited by Ranger_Captain

Hey medic23, you still havent replied to any of my e-mails, or messages. I still havent received my ACS, or any word from you that even confirms or denies purchasing and shipping said shirt. What's going on mate? If you havent got it, then send me my 200usd back, as i have been waiting months with no joy.

Im sorry to everyone else to post this on a public thread but i cant seem to contact you any other way.

Darkchild

Ha!

When I was stationed at Sill in early 2000 tattooing was illegal in the state of Oklahoma, If I recall correctly. I remember tons of my buddies going down to Texas on weekend passes to get ink work done....

They must have changed the laws out there recently.....

Your probably right in that enlisted personal can't use anything but the issued equipment, but I asked around and apparently as long as you BN XO/CO says it's okay, as an officer, you can damn near wear anything so long as it falls "within regs" (I speak of *Infantry* not Infantry *Support* aka Combat Support Arms) And on the subject my TAC's an old Armor Officer and he hates the IBA with a passion and claims to never have worn it. Now I know Armor officers are known for being... well a tad off, but the idea still stands.

Anyway this is pointless so here's a pic of my Chassis gaining weight through pouches and my blast belt:

Complete BS.....

Being in the Infantry for over 8 years and being on multiple deployment I have never seen/been allowed to wear anything other than the issued armor system. IE: Interceptor Body Armor. I have seen/worked with SF guys in Iraq/A'stan who wore CIRAS' as well as worked with Ranger units who wore Soft Armor under an RBSS/RRV or just a CIRAS as well. But in the Infantry NO WAY. It just doesnt happen.

In the Infantry you can pretty much have some freedom with MOST of your gear BUT body armor is NOT one of them. Alot of use used aftermarket chest rigs, load bearing vest,etc over the issued armor but were never allowed to use another armor system. I have never seen any Infantryman whether enlisted,NCO or commissioned officer wear any body armor other than the IBA or IOTV. It just doesnt happen......

When I deployed to Iraq again in 2005 as a member of our Scout/Sniper Section we asked for some leeway one personal armor due to our specialized missions and the IBA just wasnt cutting it for concealment purposes and laying in a hide for 12 hours straight, we were told we could NOT use any unauthorized armor systems and that meant anything other than the IBA. Also being a member of the 10th Mountain Division (C co. 1/87th INF) I never saw anyone wear a different system from what was issued. Again, it just doesnt happen.

On top of that, it is a well known fact in the Army that any death resulting from not wearing the approved body armor system while it was mandated to be worn ie. on a mission, going across the wire, training, will result in your death benefits NOT being paid to your benefactors.

IBA's blow huge when its 125 degree weather. But Kovacs is right IBA's and the IOTV's are mandatory for your personell armor. But overlay rigs and other nonsness can be swung over that hot beast in order for you to store your mags and what not. My unit the 173rd Airborne Inf Div just wear the IBA's then a Wasatch or a gray tac vest over that. Most just load the IBA with MOLLE pouches for their ###### which allows the T-10Detla parachute the fit over nicely. Wasatches with a chute are your manhoods worst nightmare.

I wish the ARMY and its "Uniformity" rules could be a little leaniant. But I guess a new body armor is coming out I know that one of the new Airborne units with SPECOPS has them, a SPC told me what they where called I just don't remember.

Anywho...

PS: Tattoos are still illegal durring TRADOC but once your finished you can start getting tats, just as long as they abide the rules.