They look dumb to me i dont know why anyone would want to wear it...a style thing maybe?

Do you mean in the field or in garrison? In garrison, the only reason I can think of has already been mentioned - you've either not taken it off yet because you've come straight back from being somewhere else, or you've got it on ready to go somewhere else.

In the field, they are an AWESOME item from my (non-military) experience and I can definitely see why guys would want to wear them.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since everyone's showing off MilSpec's wares, here's my collection:

ACUSpecial4.jpg

It may not be a MilSpec production, but I've only ever seen it sold on his website and I bought it really to hold his patches so...

ACUSpecial5.jpg

(If these offend I apologize)

ACUSpecial6.jpg

WWJS?... ahh a definite classic :P I actually got to wear some of these moral patches at school, (obviously no ALL of them) and were actually appreciated, especially the I don't give a rat's... the day before everyone left for Christmas leave... it was the general feeling that day :P

ACUSpecial7.jpg

Those are there to ###### everyone off... and because I'll get to wear at least SOME of them one day... at least the Captain's bars... (stuck in the Army for 6 years anyway which is MUCH more the time I need to make Captain) and well I can wear the US Army tape... and most West Pointers go to Ranger School for Ranger Qualification... SF's out of the question though lol... I just like the Spade/Tab for airsoft...

And I figured I'd get a pic of this (it is ACU after all). The ACU cap the Corps of Cadets wore at the last Army-Navy Game (we lost as usual) that have been LARGELY requested (I had offers as high as $200 after the game for mine):

ACUSpecial1.jpg

ACUSpecial2.jpg

ACUSpecial3.jpg

(Excuse the 5 o'clock shadow, I'm on vacation ;) )

Only enough were made by Nike to give to Corps and faculty (they will NEVER give us something that they can't get themselves) so if you can get one it's a rarity.

Edited by Ranger_Captain

It wasn't made by the Army. It was made for the Army by Nike. Nike designed some new sports uniform/wears for College/Professional Football (next gen stuff) and they... for whatever dumb-a$$ reason, decided that Army Football was the team to show off on during Army Navy (cause Army just wins Army-Navy sooooooo often(I'm a rugby fan btw we kick Navy's *albatross* in Rugby)) so as part of the promotion for the new uniform (see below) they gave USMA these hats which are basically impossible to get since their authorized for wear on post and well... everyone loves them. Even fellow cadets try and buy them to get another one.

Here's the new uniforms (Called the enforcer if I remember right) they made for Army Navy... to bad we lost... the uniform does look kick *albatross*...

UCTJCUOXWXQZUQC.20081218201421.jpg

SDUUDHHMMKYOJWG.20081209182607.jpg

How does the Army loose against the Navy? :huh: There is some nice gear in there,i wish our Army was a little more commercially minded when it comes to kit.Unfortunately we are still stuck in the Napoleonic Wars mindset in Whitehall.Even your Football teams are better equipt than our guys.

Ranger you do have some nice gear there,it's worth keeping hold of.You make it sound like reaching Captain is a chore :rolleyes:

RT B)

How does the Army loose against the Navy? :huh: There is some nice gear in there,i wish our Army was a little more commercially minded when it comes to kit.Unfortunately we are still stuck in the Napoleonic Wars mindset in Whitehall.Even your Football teams are better equipt than our guys.

Ranger you do have some nice gear there,it's worth keeping hold of.You make it sound like reaching Captain is a chore :rolleyes:

RT B)

Army-Navy Football... we've lost the last seven years running... and they statistically win more than we do. And as far as reaching captain as a chore... well it was a dream but now I kinda have my sights a bit higher... full bird higher :D ... cause everyone makes Captain (I think 2% of 1st lieutenants don't get promoted or something and even less than 1% of 2nd's don't make 1st) but Colonel... now that's a fun rank lol. Anyway yeah I have some nice stuff, I figure it's a good hobby since some of my stuff can be used later on as an Infantry Officer. And btw, don't worry to much about kit in the near future. This LTC Merlo told me about all the new kit that soldiers can expect to get in the near future (part of the FCS system) like tactile belts (I got to test one a few weeks back), HUD's, better armour (IOTV is not this) and MUCH better armored vehicles (Abrams is aging).

From what the LTC told me they've more or less abandoned the Armour Chassis (due to price per unit) in the same vain as they abandoned the XM8 (meaning their still playing with it but not with real intent to switch) but the new vests are supposedly being built with ideas drawn from Paraclete (likely the RAV) Eagle (CIRAS) and a few other sources (I'm sure some Chassis idea's) and I can confirm without much doubt that we will NOT be switching from ACU to anything for at least the next 10 years as, as of now, the FCS concept still uses UCP as the primary pattern (they even plan to paint the vehicles in this scheme).

Personally I think the idea of an ACU tank/humvee will look... odd, but I gota see it in person and in use before I dismiss the idea entirely...

Personally I think the idea of an ACU tank/humvee will look... odd, but I gota see it in person and in use before I dismiss the idea entirely...

I seen vehicles painted up in similar digi camos,the pattern is larger to take into consideration the ideal distance to camoflauge the vehicle.I think one of the hummers in generation kill is painted in ACU.At least the enemy will barf before fighting??? <_<

Considering that most fighting will probably end up being in cities ACU is a good pattern to wear.Troops going to the fighting area will stand out like a sore thumb unless we continue fighting in Deserts.If there's another war in Europe requiring US forces will they still use ACU or is a theatre Camo only?

Well the E-Psych department is developing the new Marine urban camo and winter camo pattern (not sure if that's reached the normal channels yet but the Marines plan a total of 5 full unique camo uniforms) and apparently the Army is interested in investing in a possible more temperate climate camo (ACU is not going to work in a jungle) but UCP will be seen on troops WELL into the future. So in Europe we'll probably use ACU which I think will fair okay, although switching back to Woodland (designed for Eastern Europe) wouldn't be a "bad" idea (sure to see SFO's using it in that assumed situation). Oh and before I forget, also in development is weapon's painting, in ACU (I got to see an M4, no pics though sorry) that will start being allocated to all troops in the next few years which should be interesting since camo pattern of any type really don't work when a trooper is holding a black gun that's half the size of his figure.

nice gear dude... loving the patch pouch. its the answer to the problem no body thought they ever had... but i want one.

Lol I collect patches (obviously) and this started to present an issue since I cant store them on uniforms like I used to before I joined the Army (didnt go over well during room inspections) so I found this patch pouch to work pretty well, found here on MilSpec's store:

http://www.milspecmonkey.com/store/index.p...t&Itemid=26

Only place I've seen it sold and the only patch pouch I've seen other than a few cruddy ones that are really just a piece of velcro with ACU backing.

Edited by Ranger_Captain

Can anyone help me out with finding some good pics of soldiers wearing Coyote Brown gear (Eagle if the brand matters) and ACU's?

I have been searching for a bit and can't seem to find anything. It doesn't really matter where they are deployed or what unit, I am just looking for anything at this point... :(

Thanks Guys :)