For the first part, is the regulation is Current unit patch on left shoulder, a half inch from the top, and the former unit patch on the right shoulder, half an inch from the bottom of the US Flag, which is supposed to be reversed, right? *thats what the ex US Army guy I bought the patches said, and I am not sure if it is the correct one now of days*

That's for BDUs, the regulation on the ACUs is the SSI centered on the left shoulder velcro, SSI-FWTS centered on the right shoulder velcro. And both should be subdued in foliage green. I'm not sure why your ACUs don't have the shoulder pockets/velcro, though...

From AR 670-1 (28-16, 28-17) and this post: http://community.armystudyguide.com/groupe...41/m/9471073621 (Section 5P and 5Q)

(I'm just in JROTC, so please don't kill me if I'm wrong :) )

Edited by DerRelienT
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok this might outrage some people but for those of us who don't want to spend a fortune for this top ebaybanned brings you this for £19.78

To everyone: I got tricked into buying the replica Massif ACU shirt from eBaybanned. THE COLOR ISN'T ACU! I just got mine and the ACU part is like urban digital/US Navy working uniform color. The cut and style is just like the Massif shirt, but the color isn't ACU. Did I say that twice? Maybe I'll post a comparison pic later.

Oh and bit of a necro but,

As I see it AR 670-1 still applies no matter what you are doing

HUUUUUGGGGEEEE +1

If a kid wants to wear a patch then so be it (Im not too into middle aged guys sporting unit patches or rank though) but if your are currently a .mil and your jacked up then you had best know to un*fruitcage* yourself before someone else needs to say something

How? What good will that do you?

"This is an M9... SUPERSIZED!"

Well instead of speaking to a whole class using a m9 trying to show them the chamber, barrel, safety and so on. You have one that's big enough for everyone to see.

Kinda like how a projector works better then having everyone look at a laptop screen. :unsure:

Heh, i saw the posts on this page first so I checked back to that page thinking "D'awww, it can't b THAT big. I dunno what everyone is talking about" Then I see it and it took about a minute to register in my mind before literally yelling "HOLY ######" Thats just... wow. Even for training purposes... Heh, mod it to shoot bowling balls neumatically XD jk of course. Unless oyu want to make a REALLY interesting airsoft mortar and put big foams rounds in it =p

Anyways, continue. sorry, just had to give my $.02 on that XD

Edited by AdmittingSword

As previously stated they are used for instruction to teach BMI, I've seen m-16 mock-ups of them. The only problem I have with them is the unit I've seen them with used them because they didn't have weapons for everyone to train on themselves so they had to just have the class watch the instructor work with it.