Yet Another famas project.

Melonfish

Ok so my AUG A3 project went down the pan before i even got underway, because well frankly CA are making an A3 by the looks of things. *Sigh*

so i need something else. now looking at some other FAMAS' that have been modded i suddenly like this rather french weapon (good gods i know) but i'd only like it after modification.

my basic outline is to RIS is to buggery and remove the phenominally unsightly carry handle/sight rail it currently has and fit a G36c rail to it.

i'm thinking perhaps a silencer or at least a longer barrel and of course because of the ris i can start adding a 203 to it or whatever i please.

i also want to mod it to take M16 mags. i know there is something out there that shows you how to do this but i'll be dammed if i know where.

i'm thinking initially the SV version and build an assault rifle type. thats fine.

or the A1 version with the bipod and consider building it as a sniper rifle?

i need links and a bit of help, anyone who's modded their FAMAS in this way and anyone who knows the internals of the Famas i need to hear from you.

thanks guys!

throughout it all i'll post pics and updates.

pete

<edit> i have searched btw but i've pulled what i can off those topics and i feel i just need that little extra as i go into planning.

how can i help?? :)

1st: http://www.airsoftplayers.com/famasconversion/index.asp

2nd: a few useful guides: i've used them and rate them high

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...=53567&hl=famas

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...=54948&hl=famas

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...topic=53464&hl=

3rd: heres a pic of mine about 2 months ago. ill try get a more recent one up soon but it gives you a general gist.

all in a days search.

wings

Its nice to see that 2 of my guides have come in useful. Didn't think they would be highly rated though :o .

they are mate they are!

the point is i don't know of any other place with a guide for a famas gearbox!

pretty sure that the thing under the famas is a fire selector.

but hey you dont need to make an exact copy. interpret it. change the bit underneath to a LAM unit or something! be creative!

on another note im pretty sure theres a new version of the famas (real steel) out nowadays

i think the F3 version is out, it has a smaller carry handle and some other upgraded features.

the Felin i think is part of the french land warrior program, that i believe they are still plodding along with, much unlike the US.

pete

Being a big FAMAS fan and also teaching some of the people who work with GIAT, I've been keeping an eye on what's going on and....

To meet the current needs and future as regards individual armament for the French Army, the old FAMAS F1 is being upgraded to the FAMAS Surbaissé (low profile FAMAS). The FAMAS Surbaissé will become a base from which two other versions will be made:

upgrade.jpg

• the FAMAS Valorisé (upgraded FAMAS), which will receive the current standard optical equipment
  • the FAMAS FELIN, which will receive the equipment under development within the FELIN program. This will include night sights, off-set aiming, telemetry, will greatly aid instinctive shooting and will include a battlefield identification unit. Its ergonomics will be increased thanks to the installation of a Man-Machine Interface (IHM).
felin.jpg

FAMAS-FELIN.

The FELIN system itself, is based on a battlefield portable computer, which the soldier wears, and constitutes rifle, computer, and helmet with monocular visor.

helmet.jpg

The visor display gives tactical information, coms links, and also connects to the sighting system on the FAMAS-FELIN to allow for improved aiming. To quote one of my students "We can even shoot when running away" (don't think he quite realised).

Of course all of this is probably going to be replaced with the PAPOP, or PolyArme-POlyProjectile.

soldier.jpg

Yet another combined launcher and rifle system for some poor soldier to lug around, although being polymer based and not steel it's expected to weigh in at about 7 kilos. It's due in service sometime around 2010 (so they say).

You can see from the earlier versions of the PA-POP the FAMAS link.

papop.jpg

Hope that gives some inspiration. I can't help but feel that the GIAT people were looking around on here at all those H&K handled FAMASes for inspiration for the Surbaisé.

The visor display gives tactical information, coms links, and also connects to the sighting system on the FAMAS-FELIN to allow for improved aiming. To quote one of my students "We can even shoot when running away" (don't think he quite realised).

Of course all of this is probably going to be replaced with the PAPOP, or PolyArme-POlyProjectile.

soldier.jpg

Yet another combined launcher and rifle system for some poor soldier to lug around, although being polymer based and not steel it's expected to weigh in at about 7 kilos. It's due in service sometime around 2010 (so they say).

Off Topic: Hehe.

Man, video games and sci-fi arent way off....everything just keeps getting weirder and weirder looking. Its amazing to think what the future will hold for Infantry weaponry.

On Topic: Ive seen some cool Famas mods around. forgive me if theyve been posted before.

203famas17fu.th.jpg

famasangle7ap.th.jpg

Just a couple more photos for you of the FAMAS Surbaissé... (two S's or it means something very rude), that I dredged up. Don't want to get too off-topic now do I or I'll get accused, but we'll call this inspriation.

FAMAS Surbaissé

surbaiss01.jpg

surbaiss02.jpg

Yet another FAMAS - FELIN mock up

felin02.jpg

famas.gif

Hope that inspires. Can't say the bottom one is pretty though.

Archived