German Bundeswehr Loadout

AdamLazzara

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you guys recommend a good flecktarn top for me?  I currently use a Bausenwein smock, but given that I usually run a CIRAS and am now looking into a 1st line, a smock seems a little heavy, and more importantly, too long for use with droplegs.  I need something blouse length, and preferably not too expensive, though quality trumps cost for me.

http://www.hessenantique.com/Bw_KSK_Battle_Dress_Commando_Jacket_p/habw1111207.htm

Or if you're into combat shirts, 

http://www.hessenantique.com/Bw_Combat_Shirt_p/habw1111208.htm

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I've been running a MFH Ranger rig for a few years now and have finally decided to upgrade to the LHT Gen IV. I know where to get decent replacement tops but I'm more looking for a good replacement set of trousers. 

Is the Seol supplied Crye Precision ones really the only way to go or is there another alterantive that won't break the bank quite as much (not to mention I've been hearing people that are having trouble hearing back from Seol). That and does anyone make a more modern styled magazine pouch in flecktarn? Most of the ones I have found are either velcro flap seal or buckled in. I'm looking for something with alittle more ease of access like a bfg taco or something of that nature. 

Just know I'm not going for a specefic impression. I know most of the gear I want to use isn't currently being fielded since there moving over Multicam in a big way it seems but I just love the look of flecktarn and didn't want to just have another multicam loadout like so many others.

Just know I'm not going for a specefic impression. I know most of the gear I want to use isn't currently being fielded since there moving over Multicam in a big way it seems but I just love the look of flecktarn and didn't want to just have another multicam loadout like so many others.

Hadn't heard that any links to that? Apart from some use in Afganistan and testing i hadn't seen anything.

I meant that the KSK (most widely impressonsated unit I should have been more specefic) seems to be moving over to a multicam camo. The regular army is still heavily invested in flecktarn. 

Thanks for the additional sources. Begadi was a dry run. Narrowed it down to either running a row of 3 of Stradagens G36/G3 quick draws (so I don't have to buy additional pouches when i run my Mk17. Or just go with my original option with the Linderhof triple shingle for alittle less money.

I agree with Feldjager, the KSK pants are excellent, I have a pair of Bausenweins, really comfortable, and the internal pads are pretty nice.

I dunno, I think flecktarn is just as common as MC for KSK.  A lot of Linderhof and such PCs Ive seen for KSK kits are flecktarn, and I've still been seeing a lot of flecktarn smocks and other uniform bits recents.  I do remember when MC seemed to becoming the hot thing a few years ago for them

Well, looking at the book "KSK Bilder" and the info on the internet you can do both, or atleast the real dudes wear them, theres photo's where guys are wearing gen 2 pants (MC) with flecktarn jackets. About the Köhler pants, they dont differ much from the issued one's, altough the material is bit different and lighter on issue's apparently.. So if you get your hands on manufactured by "Scharrer" those are issued ones.

My personal belief is that some of them wear multicam on the country is because.. Most likely the local's recognize them and also they blend in with another friendly units they might work with. I still think Flecktarn is awesome camo ^^.

Archived