Goth Chicks...

G-Man

Are goth chicks hot?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Are goth chicks hot?

• Damn Sexy!
    • What you thinking, fool? (as Mr. T would say)
    • Not Goth, but maybe alternative...

(No disrepect or offense intended to anyone here btw)

Something I ALWAYS get the p*ss taken out of me for is my absolute love of pretty much any girl in baggy jeans and black makeup (Edit: See a few posts down). Now I'm determined to find out if there are others like me out there, or if I'm doomed to be laughed at for the rest of my years.

Example attached for those who need one!

(Please by all means get a bit of friendly banter going here but no overly-derogatory remarks eh?)

post-316-1095258983_thumb.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A well made point by that man!!

Maybe I should've been more pecise that "pertty much any girl with..."

I personally meant the ones who dont over-do it, but are naturally quite pretty and just add a little makeup here and there to enhance the overall appearence.

Edit: Just fixing some spelling mistakes!

I've never met a goth I can have a conversation with. Unless it's about their music, or their hair, or their clothes, or just them in general. Get out of your own *albatross* already :)

*points at his username* ..... i know lots of goth chicks i have good conversation's with, then agen, some are scearingly random

Goth or not, pretty girls are always welcom.

And I have a very wide presonal definition of 'pretty'.

I agree though that some people just shouldn't be wearing that stuff or be out in public et al

I'm what my friends consider a weekend-goth,.though I have no light complexion, piercings or tattoes...I do wear a lot of black.

I have no problem with goth ladies. I really have a dislike for the photos they take of themselves though. Places like deviantart.com would be a lot better if angsty teenagers stopped posting high-contrast cliched horsepoo of themselves and their self-mutilation/suicide fantasies.

Not all Goths are into self mutualisation, although most are.

Also not all people who are into self mutualisation are Goths.

As for Goth chicks, personally I think that most are hot, but there do seem to be a lot of acceptions, one thing I don't find appealing is the overuse of tattoos, a few on a shoulder or the small of the spine are ok, but more than that is (in my opinion) a turn off.

Just a general question, are piercing also considered a type of self mutualisation?

To be honest, I don't really have an opinion as to whether piercings are mutilation. If people get their jollies from them, and all the other trappings of fashion, then good for them ;)

What I was banging on about was self-obsessed goth photography that has excessively high contrast. After a while, faces all seem to merge into one overexposed, featureless blob that barely has a nose. Skin texture? Woah No! The contrast tool will take care of that ;)

Disclaimer: It goes without saying that the above statement doesn't apply to everyone who calls themself a goth, its just that as a piece of art, the angsty high-contrast goth studio portrait has been done to death a thousand times over, and it would be nice to see people moving on and/or experimenting to develop their own style rather than perpetually conforming to a tired cliche.

Archived