H&K G11

Outlaw of Torn

Hi

I was wondering how feasable it is to try and make a Hekler and Koch G11? I was thinking of using a MP5K and extending the barrel, then trying to make a plastic frame to go around it. The problem with making that would be the mag sticking out the bottom.

Any ideas would be great ^_^

TORN

id use a g36 ...

since the motor is fixed to its possible to move the whole mechbox towards the "stock"

the g36 has a similar selectorswitch and grip too ...

then i would do the support variant (since 2000 RPM isnt really a option) and build a internal hicap ... electic maybe?

id use a g36 ...

since the motor is fixed to its possible to move the whole mechbox towards the "stock"

the g36 has a similar selectorswitch and grip too ...

then i would do the support variant (since 2000 RPM isnt really a option) and build a internal hicap ... electic maybe?

With a 10 or 12 volt 2k probably is an option!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

The 3-round burst would be nice though, although it'd be super-hard to do. You could always try modding an old SIG 3-round burst board to fit in there, but it'd probably be even more unreliable that they were originally... :rolleyes:

I'd just repaint the receiver with a 3-round burst setting that didn't do anything, like on the MP5J. In fact, couldn't you perhaps just rip the entire lower receiver from that as a starting point?

Obviously you aren't very experianced in the modding department. 3 round burst isn't that hard with some basic electrical Items, there's more than one way to do it other than measuring electical current. I suggest a quick disconnect switch which will flip after 1/2 a second or so. That will get you a 3 round burst atleast at 2k rpm.

The 3-round burst would be nice though, although it'd be super-hard to do. You could always try modding an old SIG 3-round burst board to fit in there, but it'd probably be even more unreliable that they were originally... :rolleyes:

I'd just repaint the receiver with a 3-round burst setting that didn't do anything, like on the MP5J. In fact, couldn't you perhaps just rip the entire lower receiver from that as a starting point?

You may be right, I'm not sure. No, I'm not experienced in the modding department - so what?

See my PM.

If you ever attempt to talk to me, even in a 'friendly' way, on this forum, apart from in this lovely series of PMs we're currently engaged in...

Sorry for the hi-jack here, and PSAG - keep it to PMs, please.

Actually. . .

I have been working on making the LMG version of the G11 for a while now. I hate having a job, it always gets in the way of my hobbies. :rolleyes: If I could just get someone to pay me an outrageous salary for goofing off. . .

Currently I have 3 P90s that I am using for the project. I don't want a gun that looks like a G11, I want one that shoots like one. This gun will have a 3 round burst somewhere in the 2100 rpm range because there will be 3 gearboxes, 3 batteries, 3 barrels, etc.

Each of the gearboxes have been upgraded the same as well as they all have M16/AUG tightbore barrels. The gearboxes and batteries will fit in the stock of the gun with a bb reservoir above them. One of the reasons I choose the P90 gearboxes is because of the top loading feature.

The gearboxes will be arranged so that the barrels are as close as possible together. This will result in a triangle configuration, with the barrels a couple of centimeters away from each other. I figure when shooting more than 3 meters this will hardly be noticeable.

Because the G11 series is fairly abhorrent looking, I decided to modernize the appearance somewhat. My goal is to have something that shoots like no other AEG as well as looks cool (although will probably weigh as much as a small fat child).

Take a look at my concept sketch below.

Hopefully I will be able to make some progress this weekend. I am ready to connect the internals together, and make a firing model without any body work to start with. The rest of the gun will be made around the internals.

post-394-1103584747_thumb.jpg

post-394-1103584767_thumb.jpg

post-394-1103584857_thumb.jpg

I like how you made an uglier gun even uglier. :lol:

How do you plan on getting the gun to feed to 3 gearboxes? The P90 hop up allows top feeding, but any other hop up could be switched around to allow top feeding. How would you reliably feed 3 hop ups in different locations? I mean I've seen the Version 6 gearbox and there's no way you can get 3 loading nozzles within an inch of each other.

he could probally add some gear and that but what id do is actually synchronise it so i f he adjust one it adjust all symulatianusly btw warthog thats probally the smartest idea to go about the burst fire and oh yeh psag! i think some one its talking out of their buttocks is TOKYO MAURI have done TWO whole models of the burst fire and they BLEW UP i don't hink its goining to be THAT easy!!

Obviously you aren't very experianced in the modding department. 3 round burst isn't that hard with some basic electrical Items, there's more than one way to do it other than measuring electical current. I suggest a quick disconnect switch which will flip after 1/2 a second or so. That will get you a 3 round burst atleast at 2k rpm.

So, for the less enlightened of us, would you care to suggest how it'd be possible to build a burst-fire system which could support 20 amp surges at short intervals?

What timer/counter would you use and what sort of a transistor would you connect the output up to, or do you think a relay would be more suitable?

How would you actually count shots?

Would you use it with the gun set in single-shot mode and use the burst setting to complete 3 single-shot cycles or would you use it in full-auto where it would simply allow 3 shots to be fired?

Both methods bring problems. If you use single-shot mode, how would you ensure that the contact stayed closed for long enough to actually complete the firing cycle? Would you introduce a 2nd timer unit to control the length of time voltage was applied?

On the other hand, if you used a system which had the gun firing in full-auto, it'd be easier to make the gun fire but harder to make it fire an accurate number of shots. Again, would you use a secondary timer chip to control the length of time voltage was applied or would you use a capacitor in some way?

This, I've got to hear.

As for if it'd be possible to build a replica of a G11, I reckon it'd depend if you have enough Lego. ;)

Seriously, who not go for a HK chassis, allowing you to use a standard TM motor/fire-selector/gearbox assembly and then (this is the genius part ;)) just buy and fit a P90 hop-up unit which would allow you to use the top-loading mag's?

Sorry Ubar... *runs off with tail between legs*

Erm...yes. Come on - it's not that square, is it? Oh, it is. Bugger.

Seriously, the combining gearbox and barrel/hop assembly idea is interesting. Are you sure it'd all fit together? And also, would the hop assembly be in the right place- would you have to fit a minute barrel to get it in the right location to feed from the mags?

Seriously, the combining gearbox and barrel/hop assembly idea is interesting.  Are you sure it'd all fit together? And also, would the hop assembly be in the right place- would you have to fit a minute barrel to get it in the right location to feed from the mags?

Well, the hop-up would be in the same place as it'd be on the G36 so you'd have the same length barrel as a G36, depending, of course, on how far in front of the handgrip the G11 muzzle is, compared to a G36.

If this isn't suitable then you'd be forced to use something like a P90 gearbox and shift the whole lot backwards to make room for a longer barrel.

Would you custom-build magazines for this or just rework/cover a P90 mag?

I dunno. The idea of a custom gun which requires custom mag's seems like a bit of a pain to me.

Maybe it would be better just to use all G36 bits and then run a plastic tube (made from a loading tube) up to the G36 hop-up from a hi-cap mounted internally in the stock?

"I like how you made an uglier gun even uglier."

Thanks Catchv22, I am glad you like it. <_<:lol: Actually I was kind of going for the OICW look. I figure that is one of the most advanced guns being developed, and if they were to re-open the G11 project, the stylings would be simliar.

I am going to do my best to make it the least horrible looking. I didn't like the G11 at first either (or the P90 for that matter), but after seeing it enough it really grew on me. Although it is the performance of the gun that I am really after.

as far as the hop-up/feeding system goes. . .

The plan is to have two of the gearboxes next to each other so the distance between them is only the 2x the radius of the cylinders (the widest part of the G/b with the exception of the motor). The third gearbox will be behind and below of the other two g/bs. This will allow the third g/b's barrel to be closer to the other two barrels because it's barrel will run between the gap of the first two g/bs. The resulting barrel configuration will be a triangle pointing down, and one barrel shorter than the other two (something I am willing to live with).

Because of the trigger system for the P90 g/bs I plan to use something similar to what they already have - a long spacer that goes back from the trigger and activates the g/bs all in unison. I will probably remove the spring from one or two of the g/bs trigger assemblies to make it have an easier trigger pull.

Unfortunately there will not be a magazine like the standard G11. I plan on using following the G11 LMG (light machine gun) lead and have a large ammo magazine in the stock. The plan for the original R.S. gun was for it to hold 300 rnds of ammo in a block that was inserted into the stock - my plan is to have a large box for bbs to sit in above the gearboxes in the stock. . . Dare I say it, like a "p**nt b*ll hopper" the bbs will feed in using gravity. A crude description would be a funnel with three outlets. I intend on having a box that holds 5000 or more bbs, because when you are shooting 2000 - 2100 rnds a minute, you are going to run out of ammo pretty quick. If I can, I would like to line the box with a sound deadening material just to keep down the 'rattle'.

i hope all that made sense. . . :mellow:

Archived