Airsoft DeLisle Carbine?

Lance Jackass

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

My dad owns a real de lisle and man it is so sweet. you can only hear the bullet hit down range like a thud noise. After close examination you might try an aps2 modified to take 1911 mags and a custom wood stock. it would take a while but it is very possible.

If you want a link to some modern makers of the de lisle try here.

http://www.valkyriearms.com/delisle.htm

Never played 'No-One Lives...', but I first saw the De Lisle in a gun magazine a friend bought back from NYC (I asked him to get me something 'American' :) ), and loved it.

As far as the article could tell me, it would be a real Hollywood weapon; sneak around in the dark, taking out the bad guys without a sound :) There's reason to believe that the SAS were using them as late as the Falklands as well. A cool gun.

Krazy L: do you know what De Lisle your old man has? There were a small number of originals, but a lot of other spy shops built their own, and a British company still makes some now!

• 3 months later...

Resurrecting the idea:

So a TM colt .45 mag....custom bolt, front end and stock.

The silencer doesnt need to actually silence though does it? Bearing in mind that actual silenced guns are about as loud as airsofts anyways.

I reckon i could use the tm mag, just need to change the way it fits in the mag well. Surely the mag can be near the trigger guard if springer parts are used? I mean the bolt pull shouldnt be too hard right?

cheers

Lj

Well depends on how far you'd want the barrel to go. Honestly, spring guns aren't that loud and foam can only muffle it. I'd tackle this project but I'm short on funds (like always).

I'd take a super 9 (or perhaps rig up your own bolt) and build it around a Springer M1911 piston. You'd have to custom modify the springer's hop or build your own. Silencers are pretty easy to make, but you'd have to find an appropriate stock.

The pistol mag could be faked. Take a Tanaka Kar, M700 (or whatever) and cut it down. Stick part of a pistol mag on the bottom of the tanaka mag. Make custom wood furniture. Some aluminum tube (with or without baffles and or foam) for the front part. Custom bits would be needed for front and back of suppressor thing. Sights and sling mounts could possibly be sourced from existing parts. Those metal straps from sheet aluminum.. ?

If you made all the parts of reasonable quality metal, probably. However, that comes with a price... I'm guessing you could easily use some good quality springer internals (TM seems like the best) to make it shoot around 1J. Tightbore barrels and the like could be modified to fit as well.

You've made me want to try my hand at this as well...

Lol cheers. Im getting a tight bore made. Using a KWA hop up unit if i can source a glock one.

The internals will be custom, along with the bolt parts. Woodwork will be original with original buttplate etc and the front end will be custom made tubing.

Pictures are really hard to find though. Theres only 2 decent books with a de lisle in. One i own but the other is out of print and had some great pics in.

Ew.

Okay so the original was ugly too, but it was still classy. Wood stock, iron sights. :)

Yeah but this is the obvious genesis of the design. It is after all mainly designed for sneaky stuff, so it needs to be compact and quiet. Might of been nice to of used a Sterling stock though as it was originally a British weapon.

Archived