LoneWolf

Which do you prefer?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Ranger plates
    • traditional MagPuls
    • none
    • DIY paracord

Which one do you guys prefer? The MagPul Ranger plates or the traditional rubber MagPuls?

Why?

I'm considering the Ranger plates, but I never used them. I use traditional rubber MagPuls and I like how I can grab a fresh mag with my trigger finger of my weak hand, but I'm not too keen on putting it in the gun this way. How do you grip the Ranger plates?

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

Paracord and duct tape. It's inexpensive, easily replacable, the materials have additional uses, and it gives off the much prized "Green Beret after 8 months of active duty" look.

In my opinion, the Ranger plates look good only for sleek carbines, and the traditional magpul sleeves look really nice on shorter M16 magazines in any variant.

Grip the Ranger Plates with between any two fingers of your choice. Never had a problem with using the traditional magpuls with my finger to do a pull 'n swap either. Plates make it easier to stack the mags into the pouch then the traditional ones.

In all honesty I prefer the ranger ones, they dont come off the mags as easy and are more 'streamlined' with the mag if that makes sense - basically allows them to fit in pouches easier, especially double mag pouches.

Just my opinion though

p.s doc thats a bloody nice load bearing rig you have there!

Paracord and duct tape.  It's inexpensive, easily replacable, the materials have additional uses, and it gives off the much prized "Green Beret after 8 months of active duty" look. 

you can be a green beret after 8 months of active duty? wow....

note that you can also turn the traditional ones sideways, and they will be more like Ranger plates

note that you can also turn the traditional ones sideways, and they will be more like Ranger plates

That's a very good point actually. I think you might have to warm them up a bit to do it, but at least then you can decide which way you prefer, without having to buy a whole new set of Magpuls. They were talking about this on milphotos I think...

Yep, Ranger plates replace the bottom plate on mags. I use a Systema PTW so no problems here, since the mags are low-caps and are the same size as the real AR mags.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

• 2 months later...

ranger plates, i find that traditional magpulls sometimes get caught in my pouches, so i end up pulling two mags instead of one. However, you cant beat the price of traditional magpulls when u buy in bulk.

to others, i've only found ranger plates to work on TM standard mags with minor mods. They will not work on gnp midcaps. Not sure about systema...

so ranger if u have the dough, traditional magpuls if u want to finish your loadout. parachord/100mph tape if u are dirt cheap.

Archived