Marushin M500 8MM

LoneWolf

Well, a friend wants to sell me his brand new boxed Marushin M500 8MM, could you tell me what upgrades I could get for it? (external)

Any opinions on this gun? (yes I did read the review on Arnies)

Would I need to mod it so I could use green?

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

You'll need to plug the overflow valve (NOT THE FILL VALVE!) with some sort of epoxy, as in warm weather, the gun will vent green/propane out of it. Gun was designed for hfc134a.

You may want to consider the Deep Fire steel charging bars, as the originals are pot metal and break easily. Mine broke the first day or two after I got it, after very rough "Hey! It's metal!" handling. You can buy spare original bars from WGC if they're in stock, but I'd recommend the deep fire. My set was $33 from redwolf.

The gun doesn't really need any performance upgrades if you're running green/propane. It shoots well enough, and hurts like a mother!

Happy blasting! :)

Also, good luck finding one! They're sold out at WGC and it's such a good gun, that it will be very hard to find someone willing to part with their's. I'm certainly not selling mine :)

A friend of mine bought two from a collector in Japan, new and boxed. I persuaded him to sell me one :P But it is damn more expensive than the RedWolf/WGC price....

(he did pay a lot)

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

Basically any Mossberg M500 furniture shoulds fit, wood or plastic. Gonna stick a M16 Pistol Grip/ Stock adaptor on mine with ans LR300 side folding stock and a barrel heat shield.

Edited because I can't type worth *beep*.

do a mossberg 500 search on ebay- My current plan is to invest in a mariner m500, chop the barrel, put on a chrome heatshield and replace the grip and the stock with real stuff- seen a very nice top folding stock/grip combo that should fit like a dream :)

but yeah, given the way its designed with the gas reservoir in the body, not the stock, pretty much any RS kit you can buy in the states should fit without too much bother.

Obviously this advice is intended for airsofters in the States, NOT the UK, as attaching RS stuff to their airsoft guns can land you in a spot of bother for breaking Section 5 firearms legislation, so don't :)

Archived