Hi I'm the FNG

Hi, I'm new to airsoft and hoped to get to know other enthusiasts online, I tried posting this at the airsoft community forums but the responses were kinda..... hostile.

I'm not good with forums and have only been a regular on one (vegan freak forums) so please understand I don't mean to upset anyone and I only want to get to know people.

What I posted on the other forum I'll copy here:

--------------

Hi, I'm Jake, a lot of my friends call me Marine, I legally changed my name to Wolf Spartan by Deed Poll but I didn't inform anyone because afterwards I realised it was stupid.

I have (unofficial) training in basic fireteam tactics and some firearms and have handled an M16 and Colt .45 regularly in the past, limited experience with an SA80, I plan on joining the Territorial Army but I'm trying to get myself as fit as possible before hand.

Now I'm getting into airsoft with some of my buddies, I ordered the COM BDU set (though I already have '95 gear including helmet and webbing) and a CA M15A4 Tactical Carbine from Airsoft Armoury late on friday, I'm hoping they'll arrive tomorrow, I'm looking forwards to customising the M15 (just little things, like a CND symbol painted in grey on the stock)

My old man helps run a local model car club so I'm getting batteries made up from 3100Mah cells and a charger from him hopefully this weekend. I'm going on my first skirmish with a friend on the 16th of april at the Combat South woodland site and I'm very anxious and excited, but also worried that the other soldiers there might not be very safety concious, serious, etc.

Next month I'm hopefully going to a second skirmish at Combat South with some more friends, including a Medic in the TA, he has to go on a 6 month tour in Iraq at the end of May, we've been hanging out a lot before he has to go.

I wanted to get the M15A4 Rifle, but they're sold out everywhere, so I had to settle for the tactical carbine, I've seen a couple CA long barrel and rail accesory system sets around and plan on aquiring one of these in the future, I prefere a few well placed shots over many unaimed shots.

I hope to participate in Military Simulation games, as they appeal to me more than skirmishes because of the limited ammunition and more use of tactics (I'm getting the impression that in skirmishs a lot of people don't wear real helmets because they're 'too heavy' and that a high rate of fire and high weight is valued more than accuracy and tactics) having had experience with a couple rifles, and from talking to veterans, as long as a rifle is accurate and sturdy, lighter is better, not heavier.

I wasn't really sure what I was going to say when I started typing, so those are my thoughts, any advice and information would be greatly aprecieted, although I may not check back until around this time tomorrow, it's around 2355hrs now so I gotta do my sets and get to my pit.

Stay frosty,

Wolf

P.S. I'm a vegan but I won't try to convert anyone, I'll respect your choices as I would like you to respect mine.

this is arnies, we reel you in with goodness, then we kick your *albatross*!

Anyways, welcome and have fun, sit in the lounge, kick back a pint or two. Enjoy and look around and follow the rules.

PS, i might not post much...but Ive been here longer than most of the regular posters.

And religion has nothing to do with weapons, My religion is that of gunpowder and cannons! (10 points to whoever knows what famous play thats from)

good morning Wolf Spartan, you are now entering the world of Arnies Airsoft, please keep your arms and legs inside the carriage at all times, and enjoy the ride!

and as far as safety at combas south, i have never heard any complaints, bear in mind a have never played there either... however, the chances are very high that all the sites that are official will take safety extremely seriously, so dont let this worry you! and what made you think of going to ASUCK... Arnies is clearly the way forward! :huh: lol, welcome mate! :D

DM :P

p.s. Blarney? who's he? never seen him before... only joking mate! :P

What exactly did the people at ASCUK say to you that was hostile? Your message was well written and polite, so you're going to get on famously on Arnie's right from the start!

Anyway, welcome to the forums and to the wonderful (if expensive :P) world of airsoft :)

What exactly did the people at ASCUK say to you that was hostile? Your message was well written and polite, so you're going to get on famously on Arnie's right from the start!

Anyway, welcome to the forums and to the wonderful (if expensive :P) world of airsoft :)

I think it was the sarcastic comments about his website that did it....

Well, one of the things which kinda said "you can *fruitcage* off" was when someone said something like,

"And you hope to achieve what by posting this here?"

Well, I hoped to introduce myself.... and a couple people made fun of me being vegan.

Anyway, you guys seem much more friendly ^_^ I will search for most of my questions, I'll be reading more than posting.

What exactly is "the FNG" by the way? :P

old Nam term means F'ing new guy. they were also called cherries.

this is what you got called the first few times into the bush.

another term used alot was short which is where you've got little time left of your tour. you'd count in wakeups how many days you had left.

alot of people died whilst being short too.

pete

you'd count in wakeups how many days you had left.

alot of people died whilst being short too.

That's only because they counted how many wakeups they had left :P

It's movie logic. It's like the PFC at the start of the film who says that after he gets back from this tour he's going to get married to his childhood sweetheart and have a kid and a big house with a white picket fence.

DEAD.

I think I'm going to like it here.

I'll post a picture of me and some friends that are forming a team on thursday night, that's when we're getting together (Sean is down from scotland)

Marsbars arn't vegan and when I make a vegan pizza I like to cut some red peppers into strips to put on top, with some mixed spices blended into the tomato sauce, makes a nice mixture.

Can someone tell me how complicated it would be to fit this:

http://www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk/product_in...roducts_id=1700

to a CA M15A4 tactical carbine and would it have any barrel wobble? (I'm considering putting a heatshield cover across the gap between the foregrip and the upper reciever, if possible)

Archived