hey

Right, heres the deal -

I currently am using firefox as my html browser, and of course arnies airsoft (www.arniesairsoft.co.uk) is one of my bookmarks. Ever since the recent downtime the website has been suffering, this bookmark no longer works, and neither does typing the url in the searchbar. I now have to access the site by adding '/forums' to the end of the url, bypassing the homepage. This is bloody irritating, why is this happening?

Heres the screen I see when trying to access the site -

stopid.jpg

To be fair, isn't this an issue with Firefox?

*Smugly using IE because it works*

:zorro:

no, because i use IE and i got this problem

i used FF for less than a weak because it let in 3 major viruses and puked all over my hard drive.

Edited by ED-SKaR

The site was briefly disabled while an important upgrade was carried out. Chances are you were unlucky enough to be trying to access the site at that moment.

The good news is that the site seems to be running a LOT smoother now :)

thing is, this message repeatedly comes up when i type in or try to access www.arniesairsoft.co.uk, weither using IE *cough* crappy *cough* or firefox.

I now just type in 'www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?go=home' and it works :blink:

Edited by sadigh

Well, yes. In Pablo's case it sounds like the cause of his problems is an abundance of "doo-doo".

In Sadigh's case, it sounds like your browser has cached the pages from the day you experienced the outage locally. As such, you need to remove your browser cache files and restart your computer before trying again.

Hi,

Yes, the site had to be temporarily disabled about an hour ago (off-line time lasted about 5 minutes) to restart some failed services on the server. Once done, the site was brought back on-line again and here we are :D

I am going to be scarce on the site for the next few weeks due to prior commitments, but I have been told by the server operator that this may happen again over the next few days as further tests and tweaks are carried out to determine the source of the current lag on the server. Any down-time will be kept to an absolute minimum so your patience is much appreciated.

Hopefully by the time I'm back up to speed, the server will be too :D

Im must be the only weirdo here using AOL explorer, but whatever. I keep getting the site disabled, and when i tryed the /forum thing, it says the they cant find the URL. But, hence im posting here, it cleared itself up and im back on now

HEy R22, not to be nosy or anything, but whatever was the upgrade?

ONi

Im must be the only weirdo here using AOL explorer, but whatever. I keep getting the site disabled, and when i tryed the /forum thing, it says the they cant find the URL. But, hence im posting here, it cleared itself up and im back on now

HEy R22, not to be nosy or anything, but whatever was the upgrade?

ONi

What you describe is indicative of the "Site Disabled" status which was only in effect for about 5 minutes tonight.

The "upgrade" wasn't an upgrade so much as a tinkering with current server settings, and the re-initialization of essential services ;)