Get rid of replies in Picture threads

More to the point: why? I mean, if all you want are pictures, that's what the Gallery is for. Surely the whole point of a pictures forum is people can post pics of their stuff, and others can look at them, think "Slap me vitals with a herring, that's exactly what I wanted to do to my Western Marui Smith and Luger 19F. I wonder what parts he used?" and then ask.

:zorro:

well if you have that qestion you PM them.

But it is really annoying when you want to get a gun, and you look in a picture thread for it, adn all there is is just a ton of writing, if you have questions, you can PM< but most of the comments are questions, they are just "uh cool, nice gun mate", "dat is da freakiest gun eva, yer, yer"

and all that stuff,

well if you have that qestion you PM them.

But it is really annoying when you want to get a gun, and you look in a picture thread for it, adn all there is is just a ton of writing, if you have questions, you can PM< but most of the comments are questions, they are just "uh cool, nice gun mate", "dat is da freakiest gun eva, yer, yer"

and all that stuff,

Does anyone else care apart from this dude?

Can I suggest, perhaps in a similar way to the Chewbacca Defence, that this proves no one cares about replies in picture threads?

"Ladies and gentlemen, that is how little anyone cares! All it takes is ONE comment not directly connected to the thread, and it goes off on a new tangent. And that, ladies and gents, is why replies should remain in picture threads. Because not one person other than Cheesy Chicken gives a monkey's knacker about them."

:zorro:

• 8 months later...
I really dislike it when you go to look in a picture thread, and all you see is one picture in one whole page, adn the rest just petty comments, i reckon that picture threads should be strictly pictures only, if you want to comment give them a +1

Don't you all agree?

I totally agree that all the picture threads are plagued by excessive non-necessary comments. If one wants to rep the picture poster, by all means rep the person, but what's point of making a post saying just "+1"?

Some comments asking and/or clarifying certain parts of the picture are perfectly fine, and probably necessary.

Other comments complimenting how great a picture is are nice to see by not really necessary.

As for now, there's no special rule for posting in picture threads, and we, the mods, just do go clean up specific things as complaints arises.

I'll tell you what, if you see a whole bunch spam on a page that makes you have to scroll a lot to see a picture in a picture thread, feel free to hand out neg-points to the spammers, and if anybody tries to retaliate, you come to me, and I'll take care of them for ya. Hopefully, after a while, people will think twice about posting un-necessary comments in picture threads. ;)

I dissagree, one of th thrills of posting a picture for me is to see the responses, to let me know I did a nice job with the painted gun, the posing, my load out, the event. If people don't post responses howwill I know. Out of the many many replies that were posted about my MP5 tiger I got 3 rep points... not nearly the same (rep points are cool, don't missunderstand me).

Keep the replies, drop excessive qouting of already posted pictures

I agree, it should be couraged to comment pictures to a certain level. Just not a 1/20 ratio with pics/comments. But am I reading different picture threads or why do I have the feeling that they usually do focus on pictures and not just comments?

-Sale

I think the main issue is that most people post pictures simply because they are angling for flattery from their peers. Without comments I suspect most picture threads would not exist...Not a bad thing necessarily in my book, but you get the idea. :)

Nail, head, hit.

Also, if someone has in issue with their gun, they can go to the one thread where they know all the members with knowledge on that subject will look. They'll get an answer and they'll be happy.

tbh, if the regular users and posters in pictures threads are happy with it the way it is, then what's the point in binning it. At the moment there's a good handoff between comments and pictures.

Well when I want to buy a new airsoft gun, I go through whichever pictures thread is appropriate so I can better accessorize/better understand the gun.

So even if they are up for flattery, it would be useful to just see pictures.

And how exactly can you better understand a gun from pictures? you'd understand it more by guess what, a combination of pictures and comments from those who already understand the gun. Hell you could even ask a question! :o

hbc.

Edited by hardboiledcop
I really dislike it when you go to look in a picture thread, and all you see is one picture in one whole page, adn the rest just petty comments, i reckon that picture threads should be strictly pictures only, if you want to comment give them a +1

Don't you all agree?

Whats more annoying are posts with larger sigs than actual content....