Another use for green gas!

Zero_DgZ

So I'm over at my buddy Reddman's place yesterday to goof around for a bit. He's trying to get his lawn mower started. This thing is an old Craftsman hunk-o-junk, probably about as old as I am. The air filter is cracked. The deck has holes in it. The fuel tank sits at a funny angle. The spark plug is rusty. The grass chute is gone.

Well, needless to say the thing won't start.

"Do you have any ether?" I ask him.

He peruses the collection of junk in his garage. "Nope."

I was driving a rental car because mine is undergoing annoying warranty work at the shop. I have not my toolbox or my milk crate of automotive odds and ends, among which is usually a can of starting fluid. "How about any carb cleaner?"

More perusal. "Nope."

There's a can of green gas sitting on the table in his garage. I grab it and we both sort of look at each other. Beavis and Butthead would be proud.

"Alright, let's do it."

Off with the air filter. I hold the throttle open and he puts about two seconds worth of gen-u-wine imported propane and silicone right in the carb. Air filter goes back on. I wind up and give it a mighty yank...

And the engine sputters to life. One pull. The engine stayed running long enough to do his entire back yard.

Archived