• 2 weeks later...

Here it is on my EBR:

IM000922.jpg

Here's my little take on it. I have the KA version.

The red dot is 4 MOA, and practically disappears in low-lighting (you could see it if you squint hard enough, but I wish there was a brightness calibration adjuster). However, the dot is very bright in well lit environments.

I agree the thumb screw mount does leave more to be desired, and a qd mount base would be well worth it, not only for the throw lever feature but to raise the base 3/4" so it can co-witness with higher profile sights like those on an Armalite.

It lacks certain features such as the ability to adjust settings, however, it makes up for it by saving on battery by automatically dimming in lower lighting where higher brightness settings aren't required. The calibration of the automatic light sensor could be better though, in order to see a brighter dot in low light.

Zeroing the sight is slightly tedious since you need to use a flat head screwdriver to undo the screws which staticzero mentioned.

What I like about this sight though is how light and low-profile it is. It weighs a whole 2 oz. Also, when viewing through the HUD, almost none of the view is obscured by the lens frame. It's as if a red dot is just floating above your sights (a bit of an exaggeration, but this sight pulls it off better than most sights out there). Now, I love my EOTech, but I'm not a fan of its bulkyness. If the real DOCTERsight has a brighter ALS calibration, I'd probably consider getting that if the KA replica ever fails.

All in all, it's a lovely little scope. Red dot is adequate. It's super low-profile. Very lightweight. Worth the money over something like an aimpoint replica? I doubt it would be very useful in night scenarios, but if you want something different which is super lightweight and very little of your downrange view obscured or if you just want something different, I'd say it's a good buy.

Here it is on my EBR:

IM000922.jpg

Here's my little take on it. I have the KA version.

The red dot is 4 MOA, and practically disappears in low-lighting (you could see it if you squint hard enough, but I wish there was a brightness calibration adjuster). However, the dot is very bright in well lit environments.

I agree the thumb screw mount does leave more to be desired, and a qd mount base would be well worth it, not only for the throw lever feature but to raise the base 3/4" so it can co-witness with higher profile sights like those on an Armalite.

It lacks certain features such as the ability to adjust settings, however, it makes up for it by saving on battery by automatically dimming in lower lighting where higher brightness settings aren't required. The calibration of the automatic light sensor could be better though, in order to see a brighter dot in low light.

Zeroing the sight is slightly tedious since you need to use a flat head screwdriver to undo the screws which staticzero mentioned.

What I like about this sight though is how light and low-profile it is. It weighs a whole 2 oz. Also, when viewing through the HUD, almost none of the view is obscured by the lens frame. It's as if a red dot is just floating above your sights (a bit of an exaggeration, but this sight pulls it off better than most sights out there). Now, I love my EOTech, but I'm not a fan of its bulkyness. If the real DOCTERsight has a brighter ALS calibration, I'd probably consider getting that if the KA replica ever fails.

All in all, it's a lovely little scope. Red dot is adequate. It's super low-profile. Very lightweight. Worth the money over something like an aimpoint replica? I doubt it would be very useful in night scenarios, but if you want something different which is super lightweight and very little of your downrange view obscured or if you just want something different, I'd say it's a good buy.

Dave, taking an opportunity to show off your EBR I see ;)

Anyone know how much is shipping from HK if I buy this thing off WGC, it is only 2 oz so Im assuming it cant be too much :rolleyes:

Yes, a perfect opportunity. :P

Wait for Ehobbyasia to carry them. Search for "king arms reflex sight" at their store since sometimes it doesn't show up on ebay search. I don't think they are in stock at the moment. I got mine for $78 shipped from them. Also, sometimes there are sales of similiar generic scopes on ebay. Good luck. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...