Grow Up!

PC Plum

Well I tried this Airsoft thing for the first time last week at some old RAF base in Cambridgeshire.

I mean talk about being Juvenile. Grown men and women running about shooting each other with little plastic pellets, throwing smoke about and chucking pea filled grenades. Most Normal people would have grown out of this sort of behaviour by their late teens, never mind doing it in their 30's & 40's.

Anyway Now that I've tried CQB I'll give woodland a go, just to make sure it's the same. And if it is I'll steal some funds from the Mrs and go and be juvenile with the rest of you,

Because it's the most FUN I've had in years!

In case you didn't notice, the guy was gleefully sarcastic :-)

And, hey, hows airsoft that much different than say, boxing? Or water polo? Middle aged guys do that too...haha...

The whole "kids playing with guns" stigma kind of sucks...but, eh, duties of the lives we lead.

Well I tried this Airsoft thing for the first time last week at some old RAF base in Cambridgeshire.

I mean talk about being Juvenile. Grown men and women running about shooting each other with little plastic pellets, throwing smoke about and chucking pea filled grenades. Most Normal people would have grown out of this sort of behaviour by their late teens, never mind doing it in their 30's & 40's.

Anyway Now that I've tried CQB I'll give woodland a go, just to make sure it's the same. And if it is I'll steal some funds from the Mrs and go and be juvenile with the rest of you,

Ooo you sarcastic little git. :P

Welcome to arnies.

Thanks for the welcome guys,

Yes I loved my first taste, much better than P%*"@balling, and it is escapism LJ...Now Just need to get myself an AEG of some description (secondhand probably) and it's off to infiltrate my local sites....

Hope to see some of you there.

Steve

love the intro dude definite +1 for you. glad you've summed up airsoft in one post anyhoo, i don't think i ever grew out of "playing Army"

anyhoo i'm off to have the missus chuck pea grenades at me in practice for tomorrow. ^_^

pete

@doc how'd the gas drills go?

Welsome tot eh sport!

Reading your first post, I thought you were another one of these guys bashing airsoft and being a general troll - but the, the sarcasm! oh dear god! It's just like hissing sid was back! ^_^ Well, not realy, but...

Anyway, welcome to the sport!

I don't see anything childish about it. It's escapism from what would be a very boring life. If you were serious all the time, then what would the world be like? It's good that we step back for one day every so often and just enjoy ourselves without caring what others think.

*applause* Well said young chap. :)

:rofl:

Dude, you are perfect for these forums!!!

Report to Off-Topic at once!!

And remember.

You are not a salmon.

Archived