762MM - No contact at all.

Jett

First-off this may or may not be a true problem.

I sent £50 cash (my limit in cash posting) to this member in payment of an advertised G36 Scope Rail that he'd listed in a thread on these forums along with some other stuff.

The money was signed for the day after I posted it (21st March - I have proof of signiture) however 762MM claims the money never arrived at his address.

I PM'd and emailed 762MM constantly to ask him if it was possible a neighbor signed for the package or maybe someone else at his address that he was not aware of but have had no reply.

I understand it may be possible that the cash never arrived with him, anyone could have signed for it, and I've begun the process of claiming the money back from Royal Mail. However, my main point is that I've recieved NO communication from 762MM since I sent payment. NO PM's, NO emails. He hasn't been active here since 24th of March and his PM Inbox is now full.

Hopefully I'll get the cash back from the PO and this won't be too much of a hassle but I think it worthy of a mention here just in case anyone else has a problem with this member.

Jett

Was it sent via registered delivery? if so you'd get no compensation at all as they dont compensate for cash with this service :(

"You can claim compensation of £32 for lost or damaged items except for loss of jewellery or money."

You need to use special delivery to insure money.

Good luck getting this resolved, definately sounds a bit suspicious.

I had a dealing with 762-MM prior to this. I sent him a set of BDUs and he paid promptly through PayPal. However, I can't seem to find the tracking number at the moment and I too have received no contact from him. According to his profile, he has not been online since the 23rd of March (PST). I prefer to maintain contact with those I deal with to make sure everything is as expected, and his absence has been a slight worry for me.

this is weird.

me and TheBauer also dealt with him for some of those G36 parts, and we got ours fine, althoguh the postage did take a coupel days longer than expected. i paid by cheque and TheBauer by paypal i think.

so as far as we were concerned, he was a reliable seller, if a tiny bit slow on postage.

I should be getting the insurance money back so it's not all bad news. It's just the complete lack of contact that's annoying. He could have genuinely not got the cash, but I CAN'T TELL! No contact = upset buyers.

Anyway, whatever happened, I won't be dealing with him again.

• 1 month later...

Okay. This has (to a certain extent) been resolved.

The PO has offered me a token compensation amount so I'm not too much out of pocket. However, 762MM has NEVER replied to ANY of my PM's or emails since the money went missing.

Although I have no proof that he is in any way involved with the missing money, I am disgusted with the total lack of coms from his end. It's not on.

Originally I was inclined to believe that this money had just gone walkabout, especially as others on this forum have had positive dealings with him, but due to the complete lack of communication from this member it makes me think he's hiding something.

Very strange. Needless to say I won't be dealing with him again.

What you got to rember is that Arnies isnt everybodys life, he might have been in an accident.

me and weasel dealt with him, the postage was slow but only like a week. so not that bad.

not every one can get to a computer, and if he has been in an accident or his computer broke maybe it is just time. accidents can happen outa no where, such as when i got taken out by a car, i didnt plan it, and i didnt inform members of arnies before it happened so they knew that postage might be delayed :P

• 5 weeks later...

Archived