So with some help, in more ways than 1, from my cousin in Taiwan I have been able to aquire the King Arms EBR kit. I'm not going to do an extensive review as some others have since this is just a conversion kit. So here goes...

IMG_1257.jpgIMG_1274.jpg

Packaging:

The kit comes in a plain brown box with a single pictured label of the EBR. Inside the chassis, and collapsible stock are wrapped in bubble wrap. The kit includes the chassis of course, 2 front side accessory rails, front and rear sling points, an instructional video cd, and new wiring. It does not include the rear scope mount or forward hand cover.

Fit & Finish:

From looking at the pictures of the EBR from Sage Int'l brochure and this kit. I say it's almost 100% accurate. It even uses a barrel lock/guide like the RS and pieces together like the RS. Only thing plastic on the kit is the cheek rest and grip. The rear recoil pad is made of rubber. The kit as a whole is nicely done and matte black finish superb. I'm not completely sure but either the kit is anodized in black or the paint used is of high quality. Because it's very hard to scratch off the paint as I had tried from the inside. The only major gripe I have is the horrible seam lines of the pistol grip. The grip itself is quite slimmer then even stock AR grips. And unfortunately RS AR grips cannot fit because of how it is mounted. However it maybe possible to fit either an AS/RS m249 grip or an AK grip. It also looks like the RS forward hand cover will fit.

IMG_1262.jpgIMG_1277.jpg

Modifications:

This kit as with the TGS kit there are modifications necessary to fit the TM M14 in. Modifications is quite simple actually. You have to desolder the battery leads from the gearbox and relpace it with the one supplied for forward routing. The chassis is capable of containing a 9.6v custom nunchuck battery (size is 4/5A). The battery has to be modified also in that the lead connecting the 2 halves must be at least 50mm. Given that the wiring KA supplied isn't up to my standards I used my own wiring. I chose to go with 18Ga. wiring for better efficiency, amp draw and size concerns. By going this route you have 2 choices cut off a portion of the barrel guide block or use the stock barrel guide block.

Installation/Bedding:

The hardest part is fitting in the batteries. As the cells I use are the GP 2000mAh 4/5A cells. They are about 1mm thicker in diameter then the Sanyo KR1500/KR1700 that KA suggests and probably test fitted with. Also using some scotch tape to hold the wires in place while you fit everything in helps keep everything tidy and out of the way.The second hardest part is sliding on the barrel lock as it's a very tight fit onto the outer barrel. After all that is done bedding the m14 and getting everything else back together took about 5 minutes.

Conclusion:

It's a really fine piece of work but way way way overpriced. If you can afford one or be as lucky as I was and someone help cover the difference it maybe worth it. What does this kit offer over the TGS kit? Full railed bottom and limited production run meaning you won't see many of these out on the field. There are some drawbacks to it like the battery storage and battery size allowable. But given how heavy this beast is, a vertical grip maybe necessary to shoulder it. From alot of the pictures of I've seen of the EBR in service the common theme has been to remove the forward hand cover and place a vertical grip. Both kits are definitely going to turn heads and there are trade-offs with both. This one you're literally shaving the weight of your wallet and putting it right onto the rifle.

IMG_1258.jpgIMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1257.jpgIMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1262.jpgIMG_1277.jpg

I've already placed an order for the RS forward hand cover so we'll see if that's capable of working. Also Sage makes a folding vertical grip for use with the forward hand cover too. And the kit comes flat black, I painted mine in Coyote Brown to match my CASV M4 ;)

not sure what you mean, but the front sight is the laylax/first socom16 front sight.

I see... I am actually looking to see whether i want something like tht.. how does the sight fit? does it just slip on? or do you have to use a short barrel and screw the muzzle to the sight unit?

I see... I am actually looking to see whether i want something like tht.. how does the sight fit? does it just slip on? or do you have to use a short barrel and screw the muzzle to the sight unit?

Will work with any barrel size. Slips on over the gas cap and is held in place by the gas cylinder nut and a set screw up top. The sight is adjustable left/right only. I believe Springfields offers a couple long barrelled model using this sight.

Will work with any barrel size. Slips on over the gas cap and is held in place by the gas cylinder nut and a set screw up top. The sight is adjustable left/right only. I believe Springfields offers a couple long barrelled model using this sight.

ah.. i c... i definitely want one then...

• 1 year later...

Yes, the AGM M14 will fit these EBR kits as there pretty much exact copies of the Marui M14. Wgc have done this and sell the gun complete, albeit with the G&P kit, i don't see why it shouldn't work with the King arms or the TGS kits and if it doesn't then it will most likely be a simple case of filing some material off the clone gun.

Edited by Hvy gear

I've got the AGM M14 with the TGS EBR kit - I can confirm that yes, you do infact need to dremel a lot of metal off the motor housing to make it seat in the chassis properly! Mind you, my AGM has stopped working now, so I have a rather useless EBR lying around <_<

Edited by Ripcurl682
  • 2 weeks later...