Temporarily Closing Down

Gene

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this whole situation could have been handled a lot better FFS. Everyones acting like its the end of the fricking world and that all their profiles/reps/post count/posts are going to be deleted :(

Less than a days notice, and the only notice is given on "airsoft news", which lets be honest is frankly not high-profile enough. I just spoke to a regular member about it and he was like "whhhhaaat?".

And to be told that it'll be down indefinately...until the problem is solved? How the F you going to find out the problem when it's not running? Run some diagnostic tools and monitor the load, get SQL profiler on the case.

I know Arnie doesn't pay hosting for this site but you're telling me the hosting company has no diagnostic tools? And so far haven't been able to figure it out?

Quite frankly my suscipions point to the code, probably too many SQL statements being executed needlessly. Have the Invision Power Board people been spoken to about these problems? They made the f'ing thing after all. And/or the database needs repairing and compacting. Have you guys tried moving the site to a different server in the rack?

EDIT: Also how the F do they know it's Arnie's site causing the problems? Could just as easily be one of the other sites on the server.

Update:

Sorry all for the outage but it was unavoidable.

The server is now up and running with a fair bit of an update. As such things should be vastly improved over the coming weeks :)

See here for more details...

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=57515

Archived