TM UZI

Jett

I'm glad to see so many 'softers getting in on the debate!

Now if we can only get everyone here to all cultivate mullets, wear stonewashed, skintight jeans and Aviators and spend four hours rolling across a carpark or rooftop evading fire from a helicoptor!

80's Skrimish it born!

Escape from New York anyone?

Man i wish the uzi was still in production. I was thinking about getting a pair of them, as an alternative to my AK in woodland. But the small hi caps would take some getting use too.

If you can survive using an MP5 or SIG 550/551/552, then you can deal with Uzi hi-caps :D

I've been using several sets of low-caps taped together so far and it seems to be going okay. You still have to change them every couple of minutes during a skirmish but there's no winding to worry about. Best thing is that two sets of 'em'll fit into the standard the AK mag pouches on my M21!

I think a dual-wield is definately on the cards next month though...

I nearly bought an uzi a few years back as a back-up to my spas12- in the end, it really came down to the fact that, for a little less money I could pick up an mp5k, which though lacking somewhat in style and sophistication in comparison to the uzi, made up for it in the fact that if something went wrong with it, fixing it would be a dream, unlike the uzi.

and I am living testement to the adage "if it can go wrong, it will go wrong".

I think the only airsoft items I've ever owned that haven't gone spectacularly fruit-shaped have been the ones I've been forced to sell before getting much use out of them :) If I'd bought an uzi, guaranteed it would have died on me within a month :(

not saying uzi's are unreliable, just that I have no luck :)

small battery, small mag, weak gears make it almost impossible to upgrade, no rails, annoying stock no replacement/upgradable parts, the list goes on, maruis mp7 or that c02 uzi just as good, if not better. My friend learned that the hard way

As far as winding mags when dual-wielding....my Uzi mags will empty completely on a full wind. If it misses a shot, it's because it's out of ammo, not unwound. But then again, I bought them all brand new no more than 2 months ago. I have a few MP5 mags that have trouble staying wound while you insert them.

The batteries I use in mine are 8.4 1000mah NiMH's. I still don't 'trust' the gun not to break. It did once, and it took me about 6 weeks to get repair parts, so it's more of a plinker now...but there was an Uzi-shaped void in my life before I got it :D

People don't like the UZI because:

1 - Small stick battery doesn't last long

2 - The size presents a difficulty. It's too small and underpowered for use as a primary, and too big and cumbersome for use as a backup

3 - Tricky internals

4 - Lack of upgrades

5 - Doesn't quite fit in with the looks; the only guy I know with a UZI has two AK47s and he played the terrorist in almost all mil-sim games

6 - Far superior competitors: the MP7A1, the MP5K, and even the P90

People don't like the UZI because:

1 - Small stick battery doesn't last long

2 - The size presents a difficulty. It's too small and underpowered for use as a primary, and too big and cumbersome for use as a backup

3 - Tricky internals

4 - Lack of upgrades

5 - Doesn't quite fit in with the looks; the only guy I know with a UZI has two AK47s and he played the terrorist in almost all mil-sim games

6 - Far superior competitors: the MP7A1, the MP5K, and even the P90

Lot's of negs here now.

All good points I guess, too.

It seems that the upgrade potential is the real killer here. Very few external parts and very hard to find inner bits mean that it's a bit of a *badgeress* for the hands-on airsoft types and I understand that. However, isn't it sometimes nice to get a weapon that you know no-one at your local site's gonna be using? Isn't it sometimes cool to have a complete stranger come up and say "A Zeke metal body for an Uzi? *beep* in my mouth, that's ace!"

Internals are a problem and I can't really argue about that as I have limited experience in that field, but you can pick up external bits if you do a bit of looking. All you guys in the US have it easy, most of your serious gunshops sell Uzi silencers, grips, handguards and stocks (I've seen them) that can be modded and a variety of UFIR devices that you can mount stuff on. I've seen a special mount that clips on the bayonet lug that alows you to mount a laser, torch and bottom handle all at once! (And if you really wanna go nuts, a mini moscart too!) There is a wooden stock still in production and the side-folding stock from a micro Uzi can be made to fit. Come on all you airgunsmiths, doesn't anyone want a challenge anymore?

I guess there's two categories of 'softers: Those who want to upgrade to the limit and buy a shed-load of bits to stick on an M4, and those who enjoy spending months hunting for a genuine Uzi silencer heat cover. But ask yourself: What's more rewarding?

Come on all you airgunsmiths, doesn't anyone want a challenge anymore?

Finally, someone who understands why I own an Uzi :D I have been to the dark side of the V5 gearbox and lived to tell the tale.

However, isn't it sometimes nice to get a weapon that you know no-one at your local site's gonna be using?

This is the motivation behind 90% of my airsoft purchases. I just finished my AUG HBAR project for this reason :)

Archived