Milspex CIRAS MARINES Version (OD)

I decide I wanted an Eagle CIRAS but was opposed to throwing down the coin for airsoft. Now I must say i can afford to spend $400 on a vest I just didn't want to. I ran through several other options and eventually decide to try the Milspex CIRAS MARINES Version (OD) offered from www.redwolfairsoft.com .

I ordered it then while I waited for it to arrive hoped I didn't just waste my money. When it arrived I eagerly opened the package. I smiled when first checked it out all the pouches were attatched and the vest was in a completed fashion.

I had heard stories of people recieving another brands replica in pieces with no idea of how to put it together so I was gald I didn't have to go through that.

I of course had to try it on immediately, and found I had some trouble getting into it as the large cranium I have wouldn't fit through the strap properly so it was time for some adjustments.

Now came the interesting part. Pulling the release handle to free all the different parts. For those of you who don't know or have never seen the cable simple runs through a channel over the shoulder. The shoulders straps, internal cumberbun, external cumberbun all have grommet holes attatched to straps which run through the back of the vest. There is a heavy nylon that is attached to the inside of the vest.

You simply run the loop through the apporiate grommet holes to get the size you like. Then run the cable through the loop multiple passes until tight. Once tight at the bottom of the vest is another short channel for the end of the cable.

May sound more complicated then it really is but once you see it you'll know what I mean.

Now that I had it fixed the way I liked it it was time to try it on. Wow, this thing is well balanced and comfortable. It was at this point that my "bosom buddy" saw the carry handle and decided to try to carry me to my suprize the he was able to get me across a large room twice I weighed 215 at the time so this handle is attached nicely in my opinion.

Time for reattaching pouches to my personal style. With the pouches the first ones I delt with were the GP pouches as they were on the sides i found them to feel thin and am unsure of how long they may last but figure if the vest is good pouches are easy to replace. On to the ammo pouches, they are very different, nice thick cordura, drain holes for every pouch and double stiching on the velcro tabs. The admin pouch is of adequate build for what it is for and should last a resonably along time. All pouches use the standard molle system atachments.

Speaking of the Molle attachments they are all heavily stitched and resisted heavy tugging and pulling. My only complaint about them is that on some of the leftside very outer attachments on the plate area are narrower than they should be making it difficult to run the pouch strap through. This was only on the upper area on the left side and mat only have been a sewing deffect on my vest. But, you should be aware of it.

Upon inspecting the inside of the vest I found there to be soft foam pads which can be removed or even replaced with mock hard plates. This was a nice suprize as I had heard that you didn't have an option with this vest before hand.

Now for the use and abuse.

I went to a small skirmish and my loadout was small maybe 20lbs.(9.09kg). I found out quickly that it gets hot in this vest the tempetures were mild so this was not an issue for me.

On the 15th of April I went to a large event here locally which had progressive fall back postions and no stopping for brakes all day so I load a heavy loadout 18 mids, 3 bags of bbs, 2 100oz. bladders of water, a couple of MREs, some snacks, misc. tools, ect. proable 45 or 50lbs.(20.45/22.73kg)

This vest held out marvelously. The load balanced naturally and I was able to get up and down, crawl, fall, run and jump without fear of anything bad happening to my gear. Nothing tore and I lost no equipment due to any kind of gear failure.

After I got home I and as I went through my usual cleaning and inspecting of my gear I found some threads loose around the vest in different areas. Since all the threads are nylon I simply used a lighter to melt them so they wouldn't come loose any further. This brings up a minor concern and I well be watching it in the future and you should check your vest out after it gets used the first time.

I do recommend this vest and as far as replicas go find it a good one. I believe it will last me sometime.

Hmm, I'm tempted by this too. I'm definitely interested in some pics. Also, what's manouverability like when wearing it? I hear it can be a little restrictive? I'd also be interested in how the colour compares to say BHI's OD.

Edited by Fizzy