hey

hey everybody. i'm new here(obviously), but i've been "playing" for only a couple of months. when i say "playing", i mean i've been shooting a target in my back yard and watching videos online. i only have 4 guns and they're all springers. i just want to know if anyone knows about any cheap, good quality(not high quality or complete peices of ######, utg for example, or both elephant) guns, and cheap, effective ways to upgrade them.

anyway, so yeah, i'm new, bla bla bla, and so far i'm the only person in my unit (1st S.W.D.). if there is anyone in maryland ( near hagerstown/smithsburg) who wants an extra member on their team, let me know.

hi, welcome to the forums! :D on your question about getting a cheap gun and doing cheap upgrades... theres little point... in all honesty your better off getting a 'high quality' gun, which will be far more reliable, last longer, and not need much upgradeing, if any at all! if you can't afford, or don't want to spend severl hundred pounds/dollars on a gun, you can get some cracking guns second hand, on here and other airsoft forums! But hi, welcome! :D

Welcome to the forums.

From all accounts I've read, UTG guns aren't actually all that bad at all. You may want to consider a UTG MP5 if money is tight (or their AK-47, which I've heard is better than their MP5 in many ways)

If you can wait until you've saved up the extra green though, there'd definitely be an advantage in waiting until you can afford one of the "higher end" guns like Tokyo Marui, ICS or Classic Army.

Just make sure you do your research before you buy your gun and you'll be golden :) There's a comprehensive review database on this website and if you do have any other questions we'll be happy to answer them for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived