• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got a USP Tactical here I made for the BF2 mod AI-X. The BF2 engine requires that pistol models be around the 2000 poly mark, explaining the different level of detail compared to some other (very nice) super poly models here. ;)

usptac_wip7.jpg

usptac_wip5.jpg

usptac_wip6.jpg

And if you noticed those horrid creases fear not, I have since been able removed them. :D BTW this is only my second model I've ever created, so please be nice. :P

Wow, that's excellent for your second ever! Looks great. Is someone going to texture it?

Heh, thanks man. :) Yeah I'll texture it later. I'm still learning/texturing my first model, a Mac11 right now. I'm finding texturing not as enjoyable as modeling, and with such a small dev team (four to be exact lol) I have to texture it myself. -_-

Its good that people keep on making weapon models for BF2. Now if only they could accompany them with good sounds....

Yup, lots of new stuff coming up in our mod. I agree though, the sounds are that great.

If anyone is interested our forum is here look for wip pics inside. :D

I'm planning on making this into the real thing someday. Its very heavy and has a ported barrel & rubber buffer to reduce the massive recoil from the yet invented 10.9mm Mag +P load. Magazine capacity is 7+1, the trigger guard also doubles as brass knuckles if things get bad enough.

Comes from the factory equiped with a match hair trigger & adjustable combat sights. 1x6 twist rate bbl length ranges depending on model (6 in - 9 in) Military and police models come packaged with a shoulder stock enabling the gun to operate in 2rd burst, 3 rd burst, & FA modes.

earlycompactoffensiveharz6.png

And this was for a novel that I wrote entitled "The Republic". Of corse, this will be the marine's issue rifle if I can ever get the damn thing made into a movie.

republicbattleriflesa8.jpg

blender is a decent package to use, and its free. 3dsm on the other hand costs a LOT of money, and imo, its not worth breaking the law to download it and crack it (which most 3dsm users do) then to simply use blender which has everything the average modeler will need anyway.

I'm planning on making this into the real thing someday.  Its very heavy and has a ported barrel & rubber buffer to reduce the massive recoil from the yet invented 10.9mm Mag +P load.  Magazine capacity is 7+1, the trigger guard also doubles as brass knuckles if things get bad enough.

Comes from the factory equiped with a match hair trigger & adjustable combat sights. 1x6 twist rate bbl length ranges depending on model (6 in - 9 in)  Military and police models come packaged with a shoulder stock enabling the gun to operate in 2rd burst, 3 rd burst, & FA modes. 

:huh:

Uh... a couple of things... firstly, a Match trigger is generally considered too light for a sidearm intended for anything other than competition and sporting. Secondly, adjustable sights are generally not combat friendly... they might get skewed in the middle of a firefight and your careful attempts to make sure that the sights are perfectly aligned will be for naught... and the next time you need to use your sidearm, the sights will be pointing in a different place. Generally, it's considered to be better to have fixed sights on a combat sidearm and teach yourself to change your point of aim.

I'd recommend redesigning the triggerguard to appear more like brass knuckles... although you could probably keep the current one and just add the 'brass knuckle' one.