• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are those Desert Eagles ejecting rifle cartridges?

They look almost like 7.62x39mm :lol:

:P theres always one

They are, it was a test to see if it looked ok, at the time of making the animation i had not modelled the proper rounds, ill make newer version once i get my main computer fixed

Edit: It was an animated in Lightwave

Edited by Sakey

I use 3DS Max 8 which is VERY expensive. You can also use : Maya, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, XSI, Rhino,...

If you plan to make gun for games, use GMax, which is a free and light version of 3DS Max. You can't make renders with it.

There is another one that is free and with which you can do renders,...everything you can do with a very expensive software : Blender. I've never tried it so I can't tell you, but I've seen some amazing stuff being done with it.

Here's my usp match and mac11, both made for bf2.

uspmatchrender3.jpg

I've been trying to solve some smoothing problems near the grip but I finally gave up. I left it because I figured it's going to be covered up in game anyways.

mac11render3.jpg

This is my first model ever, nice and simple. :D I think it turned out pretty good, thank goodness I had a adept modeler directly tutoring me. :P This one's texturing is almost done. :artist: (Not shown of course)

Oh and evil monkey I'd suggest googleing it. ;)

Edited by _maverick_
  • 3 months later...
I am using Lightwave 9 and Modo  (the same guys that did lightwave) if ya need help with it ask me

You might like this then if you like the desert eagle model, its a bit out of date as it was done when i only had half the DE done but it gives a bit of an idea of what im working on at the moment

fellow 'waver too then Sakey and MadCat360 ! :)

Sakey, i noticed the wire for your Eagle - whats the modeling method you use?

I use 3DS Max 8 which is VERY expensive. You can also use : Maya, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, XSI, Rhino,...

If you plan to make gun for games, use GMax, which is a free and light version of 3DS Max. You can't make renders with it.

afaik GMAX is no longer available so that option is out anyway.

Edited by oikoik

Probably asked a million times:

What's the easiest to use, free 3D modelling program?

I messed around with 3DsMax years ago--easy to model stuff, but I couldn't figure out how to do renders worth a damn. How the hell do you add color, texture, background, then render it, and take a nice snapshot?