Another TW Madmax sawn off shotgun

I had been after an airsoft sawn off shotgun for quite a while now, and with the disappointment of the Hudson ones performance, I had given up looking for one. (I also considered the PFC cap one from http://www.modelguns.co.uk)

Recently I caught sight of a few topics discussing a new release boasting full wood and metal with moscart style shells and my need for a sawn off was suddenly rekindled.

After browsing the internet and having not much look finding the gun and shells for sale on the same sites, I came across Tokyo Model Co (www.tokyo-model.com.hk).

I put down an order one, and, in few hours was looking at a quote for one sawn off, 2 extra shells, a bag of 8mm bb’s and the shipping….£190!

Ouch I thought, but I decided to treat myself and put down an order :D.

After waiting a few days, and then a bank holiday weekend… it arrived!

What you get:

-The gun

-2 shells

-Paper targets and

-Some low quality 8mm bbs.

[box photo]

box4rr.th.jpg

(Although the box claims ‘Mad Max and sawn off shotgun’ I was disappointed to find that customs must have confiscated my Mad Max, as he was not present in the box)

I bought the 8mm version of the gun, having wondered how different they were.

[8mm6mmphoto]

8mm6mm2nz.th.jpg

The 8mm bbs are substantially bigger, almost comically, than the 6mm ones so they will travel slower through the air than 6mm bbs will.

I picked the gun up out of its box and was amazed at how heavy it was and how surprisingly well finished the wood and metal are.

gun15fd.th.jpg

gun27kv.th.jpg

gun30eh.th.jpg

gun45pb.th.jpg

gun57fq.th.jpg

Video:

http://media.putfile.com/Madmax-Sawn-off

After fiddling with the shells, and flipping the gun open and closed I was anxious too see how well it fired and whether the claims of the bb ‘spread’ were true (I hoped they were :D).

I loaded up 5 8mm bbs into the shells (which work like moscart grenades, the bottom screws off and there is a fill valve for the golden part of the shell).

shells14dk.th.jpg

Opened the barrels, slid the shells in, flicked it closed and took aim at a helpless cardboard box in my garage. Two loud pops later and a big grin, the box was suitably damaged :P.

I then tried loading up the shells with green gas and, as before, fired at the box.

Uh oh, the bb’s went through both sides of the box. Maybe green makes it a little bit to hot for skirmishing (I suspect over 1J) but it seems ok on 134a.

I played with the gun a bit more, experimenting with 1-5 bbs loaded and found the fps drops as you put more bbs in (understandably). The spread with 5bbs at 10 meters was a bit over the top, only 2 rounds hit the box, the rest ricocheted off the walls and got lost.

While this makes it impractical for long range shooting (why you would expect it to be able to in the first place is past me) it could easily take out multiple enemies and would make a reasonable backup weapon, if you could holster it and had enough shells (I’m working on solution for a back holster).

Overall I am impressed with the gun, defiantly worth the price and if you are looking for a sawn off I couldn’t recommend it enough :].

Video of firing:

http://media.putfile.com/DSCF2514-52

If you have any questions, leave them here and i'll try my best to answer them :]

Cheers,

Smash Joehanson

PS: In the video of the gun firing, it doesnt actually sound that pathetic :P, its just the microphone. It usually sounds like any other moscart.

Edited by SmashJoehanson
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

alright. I cracked. I picked up one from evike.com.

I got the 6mm version and I was looking through the manual, and saw that there is INDEED a long stock.

I'll attach a scan of the page. It says "wood stock- long" It looks almost exactly like the evildead shotty that Ash uses ahaha. Replace part 27 with 28 heheehe

Just for you Vicks:

post-14312-1145589572_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrcursed
MY GOD!!, only just seen post because of sever problems didn't show it as updated :(

Thanks very much for the info, now just to import one :)

Actually I'm just re-reading the manual again, and it seems that part number 26 is the long barrel. It says it costs $3500 NT (taiwan dollar) which is about $108 US. And the long stock/full stock, part number 28, costs $4000 NT which is $123 US. Now comparing that to the current gun's parts, you are taking about $120 US MORE than what they would sell it. So that makes the a long barrel, long stock gun around $350-360, and a short barrel, long stock at about $300! :o

Well I'm sure buying the parts is more expensive then if they just sold a version of the gun with the long stock, but i guess it gives you an idea.

P.S. please excuse the triple post earlier... sorry :(

I didnt get a manual with mine....

It would make sense to buy the long stock specified for the gun by the manufacturer because buying a real steal stock would require extensive fitting as I recently look the handel off and its full of metal and mechanisms :]

Cheers,

Smash Joehanson

I can't seem to find the thread by Rapier and my topic reply notifications are failing to work at all, bah.

Well I'm feeling VERY spemdy apparently as I just ordered one from Airsoft Global, along with the swords, shotguns (other shotguns) games, books and DVDs that should be and have been arriving in 2 week period of which I am in the middle right now, I've splashed about 1.5K on teh internets through sheer, mind-numbing boredom :o

I may have to do something about all this, maybe ;)

Spare shells: is TMC the only place that's got 'em then?

Wow this thing is cool.....

No manual with mine either but will be looking desperately for spare shells soon I'm sure :D All my Christmasses came at once this morning, my hangover disappeared and then a package with an M1897 arrived 2 minutes before this shotgun turned up, I've had a pretty good day so far :D This is one solid little gun, and not so little either as it weighs a bloody ton! Its great, really great.

The only thing that becomes apparent is that the lever for holding the barrels shut doesn't firmly click on or off, it kind just rests there and moves more towards `off` (i.e. opening the barrels) when the shottie is loaded....

I'm pretty confident that it wouldn't have a problem in a skirmish on its own, but could be subject to knocks as is par for the course which might leave someone pointing an open-barrelled non-aggresive ill-finished mechanical contrivance at the enemy, instead of a death-dealing sawn-off woe-bringing cannon of BB doom ;)

ahaahah nice nice.... My gun was very very un-lubed, and everything was stiff, but a little lube and everythis was butter.

And one of my shells leaks when I fill it, so it was sent back to the seller (evike) it seems like the leaking shell is not uncommon, as another member on this board got a defective shell also. so check those shells.

have fun!

ok, I'm getting one too :D

just stumbled onto speedytoy and they've got them for $199- shall be placing an order next week! I've been wanting a sawn off shotty for ever, and now, finally, one exists that does its evil reputation justice- ah, airsoft, british bank robber style :)

better go buy myself a balaclava and an old army jacket...

oh damn- tokyo-model have the Marushin m500 8mm in...

pump action or sawn-off, pump action or sawn-off...

pump action :) will get the sawn off next month...

the masterkey project lives!!!

Oooh! Glad others are getting one too :D.

I found out, the hard way, how to dismantle and put it back together. Its a very sturdy piece of hardwear.

Only thing that bothers me slightly is that if u use the shells like 3 times in a row the oring holding the bb's in freezes and when it fires the bb's cant get out (I dropped the barrels to see what the comotion inside was and was promtly hit by the rear in the chest by the rear end of the shell :S)

About the extra shells....TMC seems to be the only place i've found with the shells for sale, however, TMC are a great company and I would recommend ordering from them (just ordered a raging bull from them a few mins ago :D).

Cheers,

Smash Joehanson

hmm.

Am confused- the shotty at speedytoys is by a company called Huan San- bit too close to Hudson for my liking- and retails at significantly less than the TW one at TMC- don't suppose one of you who owns the TW would mind having a look at the speedytoy one and telling me if its the same as yours? I can't imagine it is, but buttocks crossed all the same :)

hmm.

Am confused- the shotty at speedytoys is by a company called Huan San- bit too close to Hudson for my liking- and retails at significantly less than the TW one at TMC- don't suppose one of you who owns the TW would mind having a look at the speedytoy one and telling me if its the same as yours? I can't imagine it is, but buttocks crossed all the same :)

from the pics on TMC, the Hudson has no sights but the TW does, and the one on Speedy has sights. also the Speedy one has the same grip as the TW, and the grip on the Hudson looks like it has a different pattern.

cheers

hmm.

The gun I got, the one that is metal and wood one, and is of very good quality. It is made by "Hua San". SmashJoehanson and I have the exact same gun, cept I have the 6mm one. HOWEVER, apparently according to another dealer who carried the TW/Hua San shotty, some of the earlier version of the shotty has a darker colored wood, and less obvious grain. The one on speedytoy has dark wood stock but I think, I THINK, it is the same one, but perhaps the picture is of an earilier version.

I personally ordered from Evike.com, alittle more expensive than speedytoys, but I really wanted to make sure I had the lighter grain one. (i think it looks nicer) Just make sure your shell doesn't leak like mine...(Still in transit from Evike)

How are speedytoy on shipping to the UK? they have a few other bits i want that haven't been able to find, as well as this shotgun.

Thanks for anyhelp.

Vicks

Edit: hmm info still wanted but just spotted they ship with (w)UPS, so probably won't be buying from them.

Edited by Vicks
  • 4 weeks later...