Another TW Madmax sawn off shotgun

WOOOO been waiting for them to get this in, taa for the update Pope :D :D You've just made me a very happy bunny :D

Edit: Just hopped over their and they are selling it at, as per usual with GnG an excellent rate of HK$1,600 = US$ 206 or UK£110, cheapest i've seen it so far, and i prefere going with GnG as they are damn nice people.

Edited by Vicks
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Theirs are both 8mm though, weird that no-one stocks both calibres yet, non?

I love the fact we now have calibres in airsoft :lol: makes me feel all manly :P

Anywhere doing the shells on their own yet?

Edit: god I hope someone makes an 8mm SPAS 12 with these type of shells, I would sell my granny for one of those....

Edited by evilhippy
alright. I cracked. I picked up one from evike.com.

I got the 6mm version and I was looking through the manual, and saw that there is INDEED a long stock.

I'll attach a scan of the page. It says "wood stock- long" It looks almost exactly like the evildead shotty that Ash uses ahaha.

Just for you Vicks:

Says right here that mrcursed got a 6mm version of this from evike.com

Nice little review SmashJoehansen, but you really should re do the shooting video with a coke can instead of the box. Or even a pyramid of coke cans!

Is it possible to fire both barrells at once? That would cause some carnage.

Yes, but its tricky. The trigger pull is very heavy using green gas, and the trigger positions and angle of the grip make it tricky as hell to do single-handed. Holding the foreend in the other hand makes it easier, but truly simultaneous shooting hasn't been possible (yet).

Then again, I do have one slightly dodgy trigger and one perfect one..

It doesn't work very well with long-arms, but it can hold them out of the way while you use your hands for something else. But then, that's what a sling is for.

For large handguns like the Desert Eagle and PDW/SMGs like the MP7 and MP5k, it's the daddy. I think it would probably hold one of these sawn-offs okay.

Holster Hell i'm gonna make my own.

*cough* http://www.cinemastrikesback.com/news/daily/roadwarrior1.jpg *cough*

Whistles, now wheres that bit of leather and sewing machine...

Edit: Ok link doesn't work if you click it, but should if you copy and paste into browser, can't upload somewhere else as FTP is playing up, whats the name of that free image hosting site. Can't think of it off the top of my head and FTP has been annoying me for a while now, taa.

Edited by Vicks
  • 2 months later...

Hmm. A plea for help; both my Sawn-offs (no, I couldn't resist a pair) have the same problem - the right-hand trigger doesn't pull sharply enough to fire, it just kinda squeezes the valve inwards basically wasting the whole shot.

Could anyone throw any light on anything to do with this, in any way at all? If they are sturdy enough to take apart I'll have a go and see what the problem is..... but of course I don't really want to go in there with my podgy fingers and f*** it all up :unsure:

Any help is greatly appreciated dudes.

Well the most striking difference between 8mm and 6mm is the size ... ;) There are debates on the issue of difference that probably get way too complicated, basically 8mm cost more and are heavier, so the relative advantages and hindrances in regards to projectile velocity, range, energy, trajectory etc. all apply, although at the end of the day they're both small plastic spheres that you can shoot at people :P

The difference bewteen the 2 versions of the Wa Shan are, practically speaking, that you can fit more BBs into the 6mm version's shells so you may as well go for the 6mm version because you'll by definition get a more effective spread fro shooting more BBs.

-

The difference between the Hudson one and the newer Wa Shan/Haw San (also called Haw San by some retailers apparently) is that you would want the Wa Shan, and the Hudson one you wouldn't want in a million years - it is total s***. Fires about 4 feet then loses power. Not very good.

The Wa Shan is still only close-range - up to about 35-40 feet maximum, but a lot better, and the shells are very nicely made as is the whole thing.

...Apart from my 2 dodgy right triggers :(

I've got 2, in fact; one 6mm and one 8mm. The barrels are actually different diameters although of course you can fire the 6MM shells through the 8mm gun just fine :D

Thanks for the rep btw :)

The swing-lock on the back takes a little getting used to; it holds the barrels closed by switching far over from the right (whereon the barrels can be opened) over to the left, thus locking the barrels shut. (Thats `left & right` as you look at the back of the gun as if about to fire forwards.)

The lock can swing from closed to open if you're not careful, but keeping an eye on it and its fine. The bugbear is those damn right triggers, or trigger mechanisms - both have the same problem where the firing pin in the right-hand barrel isn't shot forward fast enough, or definitely enough, so the shell in the right barrel kinda pushes the BBs out rather than firing them because the valve is gently pressed in rather than being snapped in one clean movement.

Whether this can be fixed or not remains to be seen....