Another TW Madmax sawn off shotgun

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello,

Sorry late getting back to your pm ginger nuts, just been away.

I have had the problem with the shell not firing before, I put it down to the oring in the shell being too tight to let the bb's out when the gas is released. I simply removed an oring from the offending shell and never had the problem since then. I think regular silicon oil application would prevent this happening aswell, but removing the oring was the most suitable at the time so I did that.

However if this isnt the case and it is your trigger that isnt pushing hard enough then you might want to take a look inside the handle. Its fiddly in there but you should be able to mod the trigger to push the hammer further.

Cheers,

Smash Joehanson

• 7 months later...

I'm late to the game, but I have a few questions for any TW double barrel shotgun owners around here:

I've been eyeing the 8mm long-barrel over at GunsnGuys, and I was wondering if the construction of the 8mm shells allows you to load 6mms if you stop up both ends with an 8mm. That way, you're using fewer 8mm and you would have a better spread because you could fit more 6mms than 8mms in.

Second question: could you fit 6mm shells into the 8mm gun? Is there something inherent in the shells that would make them incompatible with the alternate gun? I can see how perhaps using 8mm shells in the 6mm gun wouldn't work, (say if the 6mm gun has a 6mm inner barrel), but if the 8mm has an 8mm inner barrel, wouldn't the 6mm shells work? Accuracy doesn't matter, and spread would be a bonus.

I think Evilhippy would be best suited to answer these, since he used to have both versions. I'll PM him, but I think a post here would be illuminating for all.

Good question, and yes, as suspected the 8mm version of the gun will fire 8mm and 6mm shells - each variant has an inner barrel particular to the ammo size it's meant to use.

Loading the 8mm shells with 6mm in the middle: no reason why you can't do this and yes, the spread will certainly be even better this way!! I really have to get the pins fixed on my 8mm version now too so I can use it properly!!

You're the man, evilhippy. Excellent, I think I may go for the 8mm long barrel then. I can buy spare 6mm shells from a US site like Evike (or Airsplat or Speedytoys -- they're all in Los Angeles, oddly) but still have a nice long-barreled version, since I haven't seen the 6mm long-barrel anywhere.

I wish someone around here had the long-barrel version. There's another question that's been nagging me for a while. From all the pictures I've seen, there seems to be a definite seam in the middle of the barrels (where the short version would reach). My guess is the long-barrel is merely a shorty with an extension. And then it must be asked: can the long version be converted to the short version, if desired? If the inner barrel isn't segmented, this might be a problem, but that would be a cool feature to make up for a mid-barrel seam.

*edit* Here's an example:

4368-600x600.jpg

Edited by blokhed
  • 7 months later...