Loading arnies brings up Ivery music.

Kipper's telling me on MSN that whenever he tries to load Arnies he's getting directed to Ivery's music site.

Anyone suggest a fix, he's tried it in Opera, FF, IE, etc and none of them work.

Another mate Carson had the same problem earlier but that was fixed with a simple ctrl+f5.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers for any help

Pariah

Edit: Also when he goes to Iverymusic.com directly he gets some strange message about 'interworx' :unsure:

Edited by PariahWolf

If you guys bothered to read the news pages....

Ivery music is also hosted on the same server as Arnies Airsoft. Whilst we are the fundamental crisis load on the server, it's obviously affecting other sites as well - which includes Iverymusic among others.

It's just a server glitch. Go back to your lives.

What's with this now?

I can post in some topics and not others, and the Off-Topic forum, for one, won't even load.

Is it working or not? :P

EDIT: All sorts of madness - it's like a haunted house. Example: no highlight on the 'current' page...

forum.jpg

Edited by HaVoC

Also it appears you have to post in a thread to see the replies made since the forums came online again.

The 'Pics of your gear' thread is stuck on page 9 with TYRO's post, but is in fact well onto page 10, with a triple-post by TH 10 and one by me :P

Kipper's telling me on MSN that whenever he tries to load Arnies he's getting directed to Ivery's music site.

Anyone suggest a fix, he's tried it in Opera, FF, IE, etc and none of them work.

Another mate Carson had the same problem earlier but that was fixed with a simple ctrl+f5.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers for any help

Pariah

Edit: Also when he goes to Iverymusic.com directly he gets some strange message about 'interworx'  :unsure:

Caching problem and if ctrl+F5 isn't clearing it the problem is most likely with the ISP - most ISPs have cache servers unfortunately some are stooopid and don't refresh some of their content quickly. You can always try deleting your cache files on your machine. If you're using IE by default it's set to a caching mode. Goto Tools > Internet Options, click the Settings button and change the radio option to "Every visit to the page".

Not sure if the domain for arnies was redirected (dont think so as I tried the IP while Ivery's site was being redirected to) but you can try typing "ipconfig /flushdns" (or even "ipconfig /renew" or "ipconfig /release" - worth a go) into the command prompt (click START > RUN and type "cmd" and press enter) might fix it but again if it's an ISP caching problem nothing you do your end will get it working. You have to wait for the ISP's server to do it's thing.

DNS changes (thats changing the domain name "http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/" to point elsewhere) can a few hours for some people and 3 days for others.

Caching Servers on ISPs...well that depends on how they're configured, usually it's a few hours but it can be 24 hours. These are "smart" systems that cache "regular" content, so they won't normally cache forums (dynamic content) - but if a forum is missing when the caching is done then it will cache the 404 error/not think it's there. <-- not 100% accuracte but kept simple :)

Hmm Server-side caching appears to be on :( Like people are saying the forums aren't updating to show new posts. I hope it's just temporary guys :)

BTW if you guys are having to throw memory at the server then it's a good indication that database connections* aren't being closed properly and a "memory leak" is occuring - depending on the coding, this could be rife throughout the site. If thats the case :( Good luck as they can be a b**ch to weed out - especially when it's nothing specific going wrong - "straw that breaks the camels back" scenario.

(*I assume the site doesn't have any DLL's/COM objects being executed on it, other than that look to check that any object being instanced is closed down)