problem with hippiehater44

Death By Cadbury

original thread here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...topic=53388&hl=

this gun was supposed to be "new", and it wasnt until after I paid for it that the seller told me he "never fired the gun" so he had no idea if it would work or not. You can guess what happened.

the gun jams every 2 shots or sometimes a couple shots in a row. You cant get more than 2 or 3 shells off without a jam. I tried lubing and everything else, to no avail. the gun just doesnt cycle properly.

now it makes sense that he wouldnt tell me its "unfired" (despite a clear wear line on the bolt from previous cycling) till it was sold, because then he could claim he "didnt know" it jammed.

I have all our previous conversations saved and I will post them if necessary, but to sum them up I said either I would have the gun examined/fixed by an airsmith of MY choice at HIS expense or he could just give me a refund. I preferred a refund. needless to say, he does not want to give me one. He also said he would pay for shipping to have the gun fixed as an incentive to go along wth his plan, and per our agreement it was up to me to find an airsmith I trusted to do the job....so off it went to Bill Strutins, a gas gun guru who fixed a previous gun for me.

I have been MORE than patient with this guy and have given him the benefit of the doubt at every turn. He's dragged this issue out for weeks and frankly Im sick of it.

that's where the issue currently stands. He has not paid for the shipping and according to an email i got from Bill his family has been avoiding his calls. my mobile (my only phone) got run over by a car a week or two ago so I dont have the means to contact him directly right now. I can only assume he would ignore my calls as well.

I would like this issue resolved before this user is allowed to allowed to transact any other business via the forums as insurance he is going to make good on his claims and not leave me with a messed up gun.

Adamt: It would be appreciated that you would only post if your comments are relevant to resolving this dispute. The same really applies to all users.

Edit: Topic has been tidied up. Please take personal differences to PM, instead of cluttering the forums. Any further infractions from any parties will force me to start dishing out suspensions - which I really don't want to have to do. Thanks.

pack it in, the pair of you!

honestly, its like policing a playground round 'ere...

look, someone sells a gun thats described as "new" and its misfiring out of the box, there's a problem right there. At the very least the seller should show some decency and return the money on the spot as a sign of good faith and maturity.

The fact that the guys giving the buyer the run-around is big cause for concern.

There is ALWAYS a risk that pre-owned stuff might not work, but this does not mean the seller has the right to brush off the buyer- legally, he has, but morally, no. And not if he wants to continue using these boards either.

Keep us informed Death by Cadbury, all we can do is keep an eye on his other threads and make sure others are warned.

cheers

CH

sigh, update time.

I got an email from bill about the gun being repaired. Apparently his conversation with this hippiehater's mother did not go too well.

Now Ill be honest, I was pretty sick of the situation after a few weeks, but he said it would be best to just let them "contact their retailer" if they wanted, (despite the fact that months have passed since the gun was new and no retailer under the sun would take it back.) and be patient.

Hippiehaters mother said to open the gun and find out what is wrong, and once repair costs were known she would make a decision. That was done immediately, and when the results were given to her she asked for MORE time to talk to her retailer! and being lenient at every corner AGAIN I said it was fine!

Now it's been a month and the gun has been sitting on this guys repair table for weeks with little contact. Accordind to the email I got this morning, last night she is still trying to "get in contact with the retailer". He says he tried to explain to her that they were not going to cover the cost of the repair or take it back, especially since she had already asked him to take it apart and look at it! However, and I quote, "she said she felt she was being pressured into making a decision about paying me to fix the shotgun on the spot." despite the fact that the situation was clearly explained to her ALL ALONG!

Now she does not wish him to finish the repairs and wants him to return the gun IN PIECES, as it is, to her! Of course, she would have to give me a refund and pay for his time and effort before the pieces of the gun could be released to her. That also seemed to be a sticking point for her. But in all seriousness, after all this BS the parts of the gun are the only thing he has to make sure he gets paid for the hours he spent taking it apart and determining the nature of the defect (cracked blowback chamber, as though it was shot with propane/green gas. AHEM AHEM. Im not even gonna *start* to place the blame as to how that could have happened.) To send her the gun back and just *hope* she paid him and gave me a refund is ludicrous.

In short, I really do not appreciate all this run-around and nonsense!

the bottom line is that now hippiehater/his mother have changed their minds mid-transaction and now want the gun back. And after all this, I dont even care. I just want my money back.

I am PMing hippiehater you the address to which the refund can be sent. You'll have to contact Bill Strutins by email or phone to settle up with him so that he can send the gun parts back to you.

As soon as I get my refund ($205), you can pay Bill for his time and effort and he'll send you the gun with tracking.

Its been a lot of frustration but as long as my refund is given and you pay bill for his time, I wont hold this against you personally or give you bad rep. but please NO MORE DELAYS!

please tell me to but out if you wish but a neg rep explaining the problems would be in order to show problems which have been had. nothing nasty just cold facts. ive delt with too many people over the years who, had there been a rep system in place , i woujld have been able to see how they had traded and saved a.lot of money.

hippie, this isnt a stab at you, ive been scammed myself for over 200 sterling in the past and dont want others to suffer hen a simple click and type can stop others making mistakes

no, he doesnt deserve bad rep.

so far he's done what he's said, just slowly.

now he's supposedly going to give me a refund. Im willing to give him a chance to do that.

when the issue is resolved ill give him positive rep and explain why. If he disappears and doesnt keep his end up the deal up then he'll get the neg rep (and will be banned from trading on the forum).

i dont want to say anything before things are settled that might affect his or my reputation. Isnt that fair?

I sent him my address for sending a refund check.

his response:

my mom is handling this now please email her at xxx@xxxx.net thanks and that is my moms orders

In my opinion at this point, weeks later, there is nothing more to be "handled" other than for my refund check to be written and mailed! Am I wrong?

he has my address, he knows he's supposed to refund my money, what else is there to handle?

edit: spoke to his mom online, she says she wont send me a refund because she's "trying to protect herself" and "wont send a refund to someone she's never talked to on the phone" despite the fact that she was MORE than willing to CASH a check from someone she never talked to!

she wont give me a refund OR pay the airsmith she asked me to hire OR for the shipping of the gun back and forth, essentially break the entire agreement they/she made, because she hasnt spoken to me on the phone? WHAT?!

this is ######! Im going to allow a week for my refund to arrive and Im getting the law involved. He has my address. He knows what he's supposed to do. if he (they) choose not to, thats gonna have to be on them.

first of all your post barely makes sense.

second of all, YOU posted the gun for sale, so if this comes to be a legal dispute YOU will be involved as well!

You cannot pass off all responsibility to your mother when you took it upon yourself to list and sell the gun!

will i be getting a refund or not?

I am sorry, your how old Hippie? right, surely if you SOLD the gun you would still have the money for it? there fore you could settle it yourself?

Look, I dont want to butt in but surely if your coming of an adult age soon and growing up you should learn to sort your own problems and not run to mum

obviously I am just offering an unbiased opinion and my reply can be completely ignored.

Archived