3 Barreled mini-gun

Fixxxer

Well you guys twisted my arm, i am making a prototype actually, although im unsure if it will work, i am mainly doing it for fun on the off chance that it might be a success :P

Here is a piccy of what i had in mind, in my eyes it is much more effective than a load of gbb's.

I will admit im NOT talented on paint too :lol:

Take a look:

How i thought what?

Yes i think it would be THE sweetest thing to own a Warthog. I only found out from my friend the other day that they actually steer with all four wheels, hence its so hard to steer.

Anyhow, id like to here what you guys think, what would be the least reliable part about the gun? I would think prob the loading of the bb's.

You see as the barrels rotate, the co2 hose is against the metal, so no gas can escape, but when the barrel spins round and alines with the hole, gas can pass and the bb can be forced by the co2 through the barrel, ones this is complete it has to wait for the next barrel to spin round. Its hard to explain but i might try a describe it better using paint....anyway thanks for the input!

James

• 2 weeks later...

ok, i'm not too sure what a solenoid is but i get the feeling its like some sort of electronic valve? i was thinking, right, if you had contacts either side of the barrel and either side of the gas, when they contact that works the solenoid to release gas, is that what you've got planned? sorry, i really dont have a *beep* clue about this... its a cool idea though, scratch built miniguns... you'll want it quite compact though, right? maybe you should investigate using ABS or plasticard to build it, if you wanna do it properly. ok so it may not be as durable as metal but i wouldnt want to lug a metal self-built minigun around, plus you can fix plastic quite easily, it'll reduce strain on any joins, not to mention yourself, and on top of the weight of the gun you've got to consider all 3 airsoft consumables- bb's, gas AND a battery... what about a metal skeletal frame with ABS panels? that way, you can get rigid support for large, heavier components like the motor, and at the same time you save the weight of metal panelling, and its easier to paint... just a thought!

good luck, its a cool idea, hope it works out for you

you are also going to need a regulator to manage the gas pressure. as for the feed system, you may want to locate someone that has one already and who is willing to take very detailed pics of the internals. the original miniguns were notorious for chewing up BBs if everything was not perfectly in order.

Archived