*fruitcaging* CityLink!

MDK_Marshal

[Just to say - sorry if this has double posted; Firefox did some funky stuff when i jsut tried to post this. So, it may come up twice. Shouldn't, but might]

Right. I hate city link. it's official. If I ever order any more guns from airsoftscotland, I'm going to do it by phone and request they use someone other than CityLink to get the parcel to me.

Why am I so wound up about this? Well, I recentley ordered one of those New HFC VSR Clones From The chaps at *albatross* - Placed the order on sunday night, around midnight - due to the bank holiday and them being shut on tuesdays, it doesn't get sent untill wednesday. Fine, no problem. They sent it Via Next day courier, Guarenteed to be here by 5:30pm on the thursday (yesterday), or double my money back.

So, what happened? Did they break my lovely new toy? Did they take it out and have a go with it at the depot? Did they confiscate it, thinking it was a real gun?

Did they *albartroth*. The driver never came anywhere near my house yesterday. After waiting from 7am untill 7pm for the thing to arrive, I called the local depot. They said that it was listed as "Unnatempted delivery" - they reckon the driver ran out of time. That's fair enough, I say, could i get it redelivered tomorow? Sure, says them, we'll send it out and it'll be with you by the end of the day!

So. Getting up this morning, I sit and wait. I go onto my PC, and check the online parcel tracker. The last update was about 6:20 last night, saying the goods had been returned to the depot. So, A few minutes ago, i called them up, as I wanted to know exactly where my package was.

They forgot to put it in the lorry.

How the HELL can you forget to put it in the lorry?!?! I mean, the VSR is a fairly big rifle, and the box is *fruitcaging* HUGE!! How the HELL have they managed to forget to put it in the Van??

The lady at the local depot apologised and said it would be sent out tomorow and it'd be with me by midday. If it doesn't arive, I'm just going to call *albatross* and ask them to use a courier who can actualy deliver packages. I'd go to the depot and just pick the damn thing up myself, but I can't drive yet, and by older brother point-blank refused to drive me all the way accross the county to pick it up.

Anyway. I needed to get that off my chest. Anyone else have bad experiences with couriers? Actualy, has anyone found a good, reliable Courier? all of the ones i know about seem to be grossly incompetent...

I mean, How hard is it to drive to someone's house and drop off a package, realy? Even royal mail manage to do it MOST of the time!

I run a courier company, and in all honesty if that happened (the driver ran out of time) I'll throw the parcel in my car and drop it off on my way home. I delivered a parcel at 6pm bank holiday monday because we screwed up.

I could go on any on, but if anyone ever needs to know the ins and outs, get in touch.

I run a courier company, and in all honesty if that happened (the driver ran out of time) I'll throw the parcel in my car and drop it off on my way home. I delivered a parcel at 6pm bank holiday monday because we screwed up.

I could go on any on, but if anyone ever needs to know the ins and outs, get in touch.

Do you mean Interlink at all? Because if you booked your parcel a seat on a coach, then no wonder it hasn't arrived yet.

EDIT: There are two companies called CityLink? I wonder if I could save money by mailing myself to my holdiay destination?

Yeah, that's my experience with them too. I've ordered from *albatross* a few times, three of those times I paid for courier, including this time. They use citylink - not a clue why, though. Only once has the parcel come through hassle-free. the other time my dad had to spend hours on the phone just to get them to redeliver it, even though THEY had screwed up.

Well, my driving test is on monday, so if they don't deliver it by then (and I pass my test) then i'll just drive down to teh depot and collect it. and demand my money back at the same time.

EDIT - Jeez, my spelling is AWFULL.

EDIT2 - Doc, if you mailed yourself to somewhere with CityLInk, then you'd get molested by about 20 different workers while figuring out what's in the package you're in, sent to the wrong destination three times, and made to wait for a fortnight in a delivery depot three doors down fromt he destination.

And that's if you paid for the Next Day, Before Midday Delivery.

If the parcel has not been delivered next day as you've paid for, then get on to airsoft scotland, because its them whos paid citylink (you pay *albatross*), they can claim the delivery charge back.

We take a lot of customers off citylink for the very reason they are utter pap!

I work for APC Overnight, were more expensive, but as always you get what you pay for in this world, Airsoft Armoury use us for their next day deliveries.

Well, I'm going to be going down to the depot today with My good pal Boris (His name on the here is Maaaaagnaninous or something), so I'm going to try to claim the money back when I get there. I'm NOT going to wait around untill tomorow at the earliest to get something that should have arrived yesterday.

I'll phone up *albatross* when I have the rifle safley at my house - I don't want any citylink employees to get vengefull for claiming my money back ;)

Staceh; Do you know if you can pick up from fife, in scotland? If you can, tehn i may jsut recomend you to *albatross* when I beg them to change their courier ^_^

Right. After a nice trip to bristol with boris (Yes, he is a big guy - I'm 6'2" and he's taller than me, and intimidating...), I now loathe citylink even mroe.

The Depot is impossible to find. Eventualy, we just gave up. I've got to trust the guy to deliver it tomorow, now. If he doesn't turn up... I'm not gona be happy, to say the least.

Had a good chat with boris, which was good, though.

He's decided his first AEG will be the STAR M249! :blink:

i just got some stuff off *albatross* and the Initial Citylink express or whatever was fine with me... i just got back from school yesterday and got mega ###### off because my stuff wasnt there, then i got a call saying can they have directions to my house so i was well chuffed! but i dont want to buy something as expensive as a gun and not have it arrive when i pay for it to arrive, so get your money back mate!

Well, and update is in order.

After my excursion to bristol and back, I went out for the night. i get home today, and it's arrived. w00t.

Only, my mum and dad are ###### about it. "Oh, you should save your money for university, you owe us money, yada yada yada"... So they're not giving it to me.

I've been thinking. That legaly contrues theft, doesn't it? Goods that are legaly mine are being kept from me without my consent, against my will, and with no legal reason.

You guys have no idea how tempting it is to just pick the phone up and phone the local police station. The only thing stoping me is the fact that I have nowhere else to stay when they kick me out - which they inevitably will if I call the police.

Thinking about it, I'll just open the box that it came in, and take the contents out. Hide it all in my room, and they'll eb none the wiser. *fruitcage* them, it's my stuff. They have no legal right to take possesion of it, so i'm going to get it back one way or another.

Well, and update is in order.

After my excursion to bristol and back, I went out for the night. i get home today, and it's arrived. w00t.

Only, my mum and dad are ###### about it. "Oh, you should save your money for university, you owe us money, yada yada yada"... So they're not giving it to me.

I've been thinking. That legaly contrues theft, doesn't it? Goods that are legaly mine are being kept from me without my consent, against my will, and with no legal reason.

You guys have no idea how tempting it is to just pick the phone up and phone the local police station. The only thing stoping me is the fact that I have nowhere else to stay when they kick me out - which they inevitably will if I call the police.

Thinking about it, I'll just open the box that it came in, and take the contents out. Hide it all in my room, and they'll eb none the wiser. *fruitcage* them, it's my stuff. They have no legal right to take possesion of it, so i'm going to get it back one way or another.

Damn that sucks :o Why don't you give them a taste of there own medicine, just take one of there valuable possesions and hide it, something which they really need for example car keys, credit cards etc, it's a bit of a longshot but it might work. But if it doesn't then I didn't say nothing :P

Good luck :D

Heh, that's just mean. I prefer pretending to play along...

*fondles newly-swiped USR-11*

I could be a profesional theif, you know..

*returns to tape up box and put weights in it*

Well, I now have a small problem.

My dad knocked the box over by accident today, and noticed that it was rather light - I hadn't bothered putting weights in it, as I'd assumed that they would just leave it alone. They said that they wanted to open it to make sure it's there, and that I haven't been swindled, with me there, as it's mine.

So, I've had to come clean... Currentley awaiting their response, But it's not going to be good, whatever it is. possible I may get banned form the net for a while, so I may not be on that much. I'll stil be able to get on at college, but not a lot.

Ehm... Eeep, I gues. I probably should have been mroe patient...

How old are you MDK_Marshal? Presumably under 18? If not, and you are 18 or above just tell your parents where to stick it.

Even if you are under 18, by interfering with your mail they are breaking the law. It is a rather serious offence to interfere with someone else's mail, although thinking about it this may only apply to items sent through Royal Mail (every item of mail posted through Royal Mail apparently "belongs" to The Queen until it's delivered, according to my ex-postman Dad ;) )

In America, interfering with someone else's mail is a federal offence. I imagine it carries a similar weight here.

Archived